New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

Dude seriously, are you so lazy to google it? Here is the exact quote from Aaron Rodgers: Copy and pasted from NBC Sports from googling it.

I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it

So Stop already. This means ANY fines or penalties on the Pats needs to also be applied to the Packers for OPEN ADMISSION of tampering with the footballs above the allowed limits. It also means you need to fine all the teams of all the other QBs that have said they manipulate the footballs too.

This is a stupid topic that would be a non story on any other team. Making it into something its not just because its the Pats doesn't make it more significant...it makes everyone into a bunch of whiners. If you were a Niners fan, you wouldnt even post on this topic Wayne, but because you hate the Pats you are being very biased and want this to be more than it is, which its not.

Its a media story because its leading into a Super Bowl and its the Pats.

Uhhh that's Phil Simms supposedly quoting what Aaron said to him. It's not a direct quote from Rodgers. But thanks for playing.

He did say this.. And it's a direct quote:

"The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage."

And this story is being discussed every where... Are you my seeing that? It's on the freaking nightly news. It's on national radio.

It has nothing to do with me being a Bills fan stop projecting that on everyone.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude seriously, are you so lazy to google it? Here is the exact quote from Aaron Rodgers: Copy and pasted from NBC Sports from googling it.

“I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it”

So Stop already. This means ANY fines or penalties on the Pats needs to also be applied to the Packers for OPEN ADMISSION of tampering with the footballs above the allowed limits. It also means you need to fine all the teams of all the other QBs that have said they manipulate the footballs too.

This is a stupid topic that would be a non story on any other team. Making it into something its not just because its the Pats doesn't make it more significant...it makes everyone into a bunch of whiners. If you were a Niners fan, you wouldnt even post on this topic Wayne, but because you hate the Pats you are being very biased and want this to be more than it is, which its not.

Conveniently ignoring the difference between "before" and "after."

I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it[/size]

So Aaron Rodgers and Packers knowingly give over inflated balls to refs for inspection. Refs let out air and ball is certified. Packers use properly inflated balls during game

Pats* give properly inflated balls to refs for inspection, balls are certified, and then Pats* let air out below legal limit. Patriots use improperly inflated balls during game.

You seriously don't see the difference there? I'll give you a hint, if the Pats* did what Rodgers did and tried to sneak under inflated balls past inspection and they get through, then that's on the league/refs not the Pats*

Edited by BillsFanNC

I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it

To me. It sounds like the Packers prepare their footballs at the 13.5 limit and push it. The refs upon inspection might detect one out of specification

Not even in the same league as what seems to be the case here... Balls being altered 2 lb per Sq in less than standard after inspection.

The worst part about this story is that this board is never ever going to let it go and the Shout Box will forever be ruined and unusable during Pats vs Bills games. They will be filled with countless conspiracy theories of every close play, every penalty, every call that doesn't go our way (even if the video evidence proves it shouldn't). RIP Shout Box on Pats/Bills game day

No, the worst part is THE CHEATING.

Once the officials inspect and take any extra air out before the game, does Rodgers then sneak in and pump in air before kickoff?

lol, you don't think fans of every nfl team are discussing this right now and want New England penalized?

Wait, so when Rodgers gets caught pre game and the refs deflate it before the game starts, thats ok? Come on dude...seriously?

Inflating it to see if they catch it is NO DIFFERENT then deflating it to see if they catch it. Its 100% exactly the same...its manipulating the ball OUTSIDE the set limits to the preference of your grip. So why is it OK Rodgers does it? Because he didn't get caught? Come on...its the same thing and you know it.

Again, ANY fines or penalties assessed to Pats MUST be assessed to all the QBs teams that have confessed to manipulating the balls as well. What if Rodgers and Packers haddnt choked the game away and were playing in the SB against the Pats...how can you penalize the Pats and not the Packers when the QB of the Packers himself admits to manipulating the air pressure above allowed limits in hopes the refs don't catch it?

Wait, so when Rodgers gets caught pre game and the refs deflate it before the game starts, thats ok? Come on dude...seriously?

Inflating it to see if they catch it is NO DIFFERENT then deflating it to see if they catch it. Its 100% exactly the same...its manipulating the ball OUTSIDE the set limits to the preference of your grip. So why is it OK Rodgers does it? Because he didn't get caught? Come on...its the same thing and you know it.

Again, ANY fines or penalties assessed to Pats MUST be assessed to all the QBs teams that have confessed to manipulating the balls as well. What if Rodgers and Packers haddnt choked the game away and were playing in the SB against the Pats...how can you penalize the Pats and not the Packers when the QB of the Packers himself admits to manipulating the air pressure above allowed limits in hopes the refs don't catch it?

Ok asses the fine to Rodgers too.

Feel better now? We aren't picking on the Pats.

Uhhh that's Phil Simms supposedly quoting what Aaron said to him. It's not a direct quote from Rodgers. But thanks for playing.

"The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage."

And this story is being discussed every where... Are you my seeing that? It's on the freaking nightly news. It's on national radio.

It has nothing to do with me being a Bills fan stop projecting that on everyone.

Its being discussed ONLY because its the Pats leading into the SuperBowl, not because it actually mattered in the Pats being in the SB. I promise you there isn't a team in the NFL who doesn't have a history of QBs who do this...period.

Its being discussed ONLY because its the Pats leading into the SuperBowl, not because it actually mattered in the Pats being in the SB. I promise you there isn't a team in the NFL who doesn't have a history of QBs who do this...period.

Great and every team was tapping defensive signals, right? Except the Pats* were the only team to get caught. The NFL has is out to get the Pats*, right?

More direct news...he CONFIRMED what Simms said...just because Simms broke it as he interviewed Rodgers, doesn't mean he didn't say it and even confirmed it.

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

i guess I missed the quote in which Rodgers admits to inflating balls ABOVE the limits? Anyone got a link? i cannot find one anywhere.

He doesn't, in a direct quote. Apparently he said something like that to Phil Simms and Simms said it on the air and now that's fact, according to some.

More direct news...he CONFIRMED what Simms said...just because Simms broke it as he interviewed Rodgers, doesn't mean he didn't say it and even confirmed it.

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesnt think there should be a maximum air pressure.

Its not an advantage when you have a football thats inflated more than average air pressure. Were not kicking these footballs, Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

So fine Green Bay too.

There is that better?

Great and every team was tapping defensive signals, right? Except the Pats* were the only team to get caught. The NFL has is out to get the Pats*, right?

Actually, yes...lots of teams did this. Teams have been trying to steal teams signals too, even employing lip readers with binoculars to read the coaches lips in game. Thats why coaches today cover their face when talking.

So Aaron Rodgers and Packers knowingly give over inflated balls to refs for inspection. Refs let out air and ball is certified. Packers use properly inflated balls during game

Pats* give properly inflated balls to refs for inspection, balls are certified, and then Pats* let air out below legal limit. Patriots use improperly inflated balls during game.

You seriously don't see the difference there? I'll give you a hint, if the Pats* did what Rodgers did and tried to sneak under inflated balls past inspection and they get through, then that's on the league/refs not the Pats*

And what happens if the refs don't deflate them? He gets to play with them.

Do you think he would really continuously do this if it never worked? Are you that gullible?

Actually, yes...lots of teams did this. Teams have been trying to steal teams signals too, even employing lip readers with binoculars to read the coaches lips in game. Thats why coaches today cover their face when talking.

So then the NFL must have a problem with the Patriots and only the Patriots? Why allow them to get caught, if everyone is doing it?

He doesn't, in a direct quote. Apparently he said something like that to Phil Simms and Simms said it on the air and now that's fact, according to some.

So fine Green Bay too.

There is that better?

Except that Rodgers confirmed it on the Radio...you left that part out.

And yes, that is better...if you fine NE you have to investigate and penalize all the other QBs acknowledging the same thing.

Edited by Alphadawg7