Reactions you hear at work (for those not in WNY)

stevestojan

So I know the feelings of those in Buffalo. Mainly positive, some hate.

But what I find interesting is here where I live (Virginia Beach) I have yet to hear ANY negative. People who know I'm a bills fan.

"You guys will be relevant again."

"What an upgrade."

"We have no chance anymore" (Jets fan who works for me)

The list goes on. So, outside of the rose colored, or **** colored, glasses, what do the rest of you transplants find the reaction is "around the league."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to 2 friends.. One Bronco fan, one Dolphin fan. Both said the same thing... Rex, meh. But you should have kept Schwartz to keep the defense in tact. And none of it matters until you get a QB.

They both also agreed that our offense was horrible and Hackett and Marrone had to go.

hearing good things here in Pittsburgh. Most think it's a positive hire for the Bills. The worst I've heard is that there will be no improvement (but no regression) and at least Rex is interesting. Many feel that if Rex can get the Jets to a SB with Sanchez, he could do even better with another OC or QB.

While serving two guys last night, I overheard them saying what a joke the Rex Ryan hiring was. I asked them politely where they were from. They said, Utah and North Carolina.

The guy from Utah's favorite team - The Patriots, but used to be a Cowboys fan

The guy from North Carolina favorite team - The Seahawks, used to be Raiders

I asked both, "if they own a SF Giants hat, Lebron jersey and wave a Ohio State flag?"

Someone who works for us lives in Venice Fl. we saw him there this AM. A life long fish fan said " Great dude after the Pats* owning the division for 10+ years, now your Bills will if new ownership is really dedicated. Rex is the guy he was in a crap situation".

So We bought him a few beers, and a couple dozen oysters. All is well. I am nervous though. Rex will always have a career as a motivional speaker if he craps the bed. he is that good. He killed on Dan Patrick today.

All hail El Pegul!!!