Reactions you hear at work (for those not in WNY)

stevestojan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Steeler land not hearing a lot of negative comments about Rex. Maybe they're still in shock from being knocked out of the playoffs? The only negative comments I have heard came from a Patsy fan. I just looked at him and said "Tom Brady's head....on a steek" He knew what I was eluding to.

Pretty much what I've experienced here in Richmond, too. Maybe they're all depressed about the Redskins and Cowboys.

My buddy in VA Beach (dullfin fan) texted me the Sunday morning of the Rex signing and said, "Congrats on your new coach. Ugh." He can't stand Rex. His reaction was not that we got a bad coach but that he just can't stand Rex from his time with the Jest.

Another friend here (49ers fan) doesn't like Rex either. He texted, "Sexy Rexy. I'm just glad we didn't get a Ryan...Rex, Rob, or Buddy." Hope he's happy with Tomsula.

Two guys at work (a Giants fan & a Vikings fan) both asked what I thought (the Giants fan texted, "Sexy Rexy with the Bills!"). I told them that I could live with it as long as he brought in a good OC (which I think they did in Roman) & got the QB situation straightened out. Also, that I didn't really care who they hired as long as he won because I'm sick & tired of losing. Both are very knowledgeable & diehard football fans, not prone trash-talking or trying to get under other fans' skin. They agreed & could empathize with all that's gone on since the end of the season.

All in all, I haven't experienced any truly negative or condescending comments.

So I know the feelings of those in Buffalo. Mainly positive, some hate.

But what I find interesting is here where I live (Virginia Beach) I have yet to hear ANY negative. People who know I'm a bills fan.

"You guys will be relevant again."

"What an upgrade."

"We have no chance anymore" (Jets fan who works for me)

The list goes on. So, outside of the rose colored, or **** colored, glasses, what do the rest of you transplants find the reaction is "around the league."

Yeah, I don't live far from you and I'm getting the same, all positive. The only negatives have been from fellow Bills fans.

According to my friends here in Florida the Bills have no chance of catching the Dolphins :cry:

So they think that the 2nd place Bills have no chance of catching the 3rd place dulfins? Got it. I hope they're right. Who the hell wants to "catch" the team BEHIND them?? :doh: