This is too funny.... Marrone trys for Jax OC

plenzmd1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necassarily, remember he was guaranteed $4M for 2016 as well. So unless he makes $8m over the next two years, he loses.

He gets paid $4M for this year regardless of whether he works, right? In the unlikely event he sits on his couch this year and next year his opportunity cost is $4M.

Edited by Nihilist25

Ha ha! I didn't mean he was doing it only for the Bills. It was a calculated decision. It's business. And he did do the Bills a favor by getting out of the way.

Marrone definitely did the Bills a favor. Marrone though left no bridges behind in leaving. He flat out quit and did things in a rather chickensh*t way. He called up Pegula on the phone to opt out instead of face to face. Plus he sent a text to all of the players. Not very professional and the NFL is a small community especially in the coaching circles. He will need to repair his image if that is even possible at this juncture. He is not a great coach but not a bad one either.

I think Marrone had some options, he and his agent felt like jumping ship was the best business decision. At that point he said screw it, I'll over play my hand, if they bite, great, if not, I'll be somewhere better. We didn't bite and I don't think either anticipated the fall out of him deciding to say no thank you to a job only 32 people in the world have. It left a really bad taste in players and fans mouths and I imagine in the NFL owners circles he came off looking very poor. I doubt he ever becomes an NFL HC again.

That would be funny to see Jax have to pay 4 mil for an Oline

coach

I don't get it... Are you misunderstanding who pays the buyout? The Bills pay for the buyout, reguardless, and then he gets another couple hundred thousand for his position coach, so he will probably make $4,250,000 this coming year, $250,000 of which is paid by whoever his next employer is.

st. doug's miracles are getting smaller.

He is doing a terrific job disappearing, I think 'ol St. Doug was on to something... Edited by BuffalothruMyVeins

Marrone definitely did the Bills a favor. Marrone though left no bridges behind in leaving. He flat out quit and did things in a rather chickensh*t way. He called up Pegula on the phone to opt out instead of face to face. Plus he sent a text to all of the players. Not very professional and the NFL is a small community especially in the coaching circles. He will need to repair his image if that is even possible at this juncture. He is not a great coach but not a bad one either.

Yeah, I forgot he also reportedly bad mouthed the Bills to Polian after negotiations didn't go his way and it looked like Polian might be coming in. Assuming that's true, I take back my "no grudge" assessment. On that alone we have a serious axe to grind and he's a POS. The decision to leave was likely sound though.

I was OK with Marrone staying, willing to see him for another year. Apparently the Pegulas felt the same way. On balance, I thought he did a pretty good job. Once he quit on the team and started his backstabbing, classless act on the way out, I hope he never works in the NFL again. F him. In retrospect, he did the Bills a huge favor. If he was not kicking himself right now he would be even dumber than I think he is.

Marrone has already been told that Houston would find a position for him as he has friends there.

I think when Fred Jackson...politely..says that the Bills upgraded at head coach..that is saying something.

Pegula's statements about he talked to Marrone more than anyone is also strange that Doug decided to leave. It also makes little sense to burn bridges like that. He could have left cordially and there would have been little ire.

The most upset person in America today has got to be Blake Bortles.

He should ask for a trade to Buffalo

He's never called plays before. Don't think he is qualified to be an OC.

By the way, I predicted jags oline coach in the "dear diary" thread. I was joking but this would be hilarious.

:worthy:

This will be even better when they interview and hire Nate Hackett for the job.

:worthy::lol:

That offence will suck and he will not be receiving any HC interviews next year,not looking like a good decision to op out.Not sure where his advice was coming from but Doug you are nothing in this league with nothing done and nothing record.Wins first and not some misleading 9-7 record.