Press Conference Day Contest

We haven't had a big press conference in a few years (since the Mario signing) - so here's a few questions to answer. Most correct answers wins bragging rights:

1) What color tie will Rex wear?

a) Blue with red and white stripes

b) Red, with blue and white stripes

c) White with blue Buffalos

d) a Bow tie with a checkered blue and white shirt

e) ________________________ (other)

2) What news reporter will Rex slam to the ground for asking a dumb ass question?

a) Jerry

b) Timmy

c) Bart Scott

d) Tasker

e) Paul Hamilton

f) __________________ (other)

3) What type of drink will Rex have at the podium?

a) Poland Springs water

b) Buffalo Bills brand water

c) Jack and Coke (disguised in a Snapple Diet Peach Tea bottle)

d) __________________ (other)

Tiebreaker: The length of time our live feed will be !@#$ed up because the media assistant will be pulling cords and walking across the camera cables (re-visit the Mario live feed)

a) <5 minutes

b) >5 but <15 minutes

c) Other ____________________

Second tiebreaker: Number of times Doug Marrone walks through the backdrop and photobombs the presser wearing a beach hat, sunblock and a London Monarchs crop top jersey with flip flops??

Good luck!!

We haven't had a big press conference in a few years (since the Mario signing) - so here's a few questions to answer. Most correct answers wins bragging rights:

Second tiebreaker: Number of times Doug Marrone walks through the backdrop and photobombs the presser wearing a beach hat, sunblock and a London Monarchs crop top jersey with flip flops??

Good luck!!

2) What news reporter will Rex slam to the ground for asking a dumb ass question?

a) Jerry

Tiebreaker: The length of time our live feed will be !@#$ed up because the media assistant will be pulling cords and walking across the camera cables (re-visit the Mario live feed)

b) >5 but <15 minutes

Rex - if you are reading this....

DO NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEES!

thank you.

If you are reading the Rex...guarantee away. What made ya great, get back to it.

Something along the lines of "wish NE luck this weekend , cause it's the last East championship they are winning for a while. "

a) Jerry

b) Timmy

c) Bart Scott

d) Tasker

e) Paul Hamilton

a) Poland Springs water

a) <5 minutes

b) >5 but <15 minutes

c) Other ______17 min______________

___1____________________

a) Jerry

b) Timmy

c) Bart Scott

d) Tasker

e) Paul Hamilton

f) _Jeff Russo (WKBW)_ (other)

a) Poland Springs water

a) <5 minutes (the guy you are referencing was probably fired. BUT when Terry took over he probably re-hired him.

b) >5 but <15 minutes

Twice__None

Good luck!!

Loosely related:

Go to youtube and watch a few seconds of video from Doug Marrone's PC when he was introduced.

That wasn't that long ago. He was MUCH more youthful/healthy looking and quite a few pounds lighter.

Kind of scary what the job did to him in a couple years.

I think REX will be laid back, relaxed, loosey-goosey, and starting to show "the new" Rex which is good. He can keep the skill, the confidence, even some cockiness, without going over the top as he used to into "jerk" mode.

a) Jerry

b) Timmy

c) Bart Scott

d) Tasker

e) Paul Hamilton

a) Poland Springs water

a) <5 minutes

b) >5 but <15 minutes

Good luck!!

The guy I see as being on a collision course with Rex is Jerry Sullivan. It's a matchup made in heaven.

It won't be today. It won't be for a while. It will need time to stew.

But it is coming down the road and it should be really entertaining.

i don't mean to hijack this thread, but you find some amazing pics when searching for russ and co.

what's up with bills personnel posing with la nova pizza? is this some sort of omerta blackmail thing?

Bm9dUEvCIAANqUR.jpg

screen-shot-2015-01-13-at-11-07-10-am.jp

Doug Whaley always has that "I'm stoned, but it helps me think better" look to him.

Russ, on the other hand, looks like a newspaper delivery boy holding out the Christmas calendar waiting for a tip.

i don't mean to hijack this thread, but you find some amazing pics when searching for russ and co.

what's up with bills personnel posing with la nova pizza? is this some sort of omerta blackmail thing?

Bm9dUEvCIAANqUR.jpg

screen-shot-2015-01-13-at-11-07-10-am.jp

Well, nothing says "welcome to Buffalo" like a pizza and some wings.

Posted Today, 08:50 AM

e) _Solid Blue_______________________ (other)

a) Jerry

b) Timmy

c) Bart Scott

d) Tasker

e) Paul Hamilton

f) __(other)

a) Poland Springs water

a) <5 minutes

b) >5 but <15 minutes

______________6_________

CBF

Doug Whaley always has that "I'm stoned, but it helps me think better" look to him.

Russ, on the other hand, looks like a newspaper delivery boy holding out the Christmas calendar waiting for a tip.

This made me laugh out loud.

Seriously, he is the same as a religious fanatic. He has the 1,000 yard stare and ceased engaging in independent critical thought a long time ago. His mind is now controlled by "the cause". It's not an entirely unknown species, particularly in the corporate world.

Beware these people.

this finally explains the watkins move. doug was so stoned he had no idea what was going on. no wonder he described that trade as "totally groovy" in the presser.

This is hilarious and so true.

Where's the Empty Podium when you need him?

Now you know why Marrone wanted to control everything, including audio/visual department. My money is on 15 minutes of fuzz, an empty podium, and some intern shuffling papers.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

This is hilarious and so true.

Now you know why Marrone wanted to control everything, including audio/visual department. My money is on 15 minutes of fuzz, an empty podium, and some intern shuffling papers.

That was one of the funniest parts of the Mario presser...we were all thinking "Mario must be wondering if they are videotaping this on Beta cassettes"

You rang?

(no hijack intended here. But a Podium is something you stand on, to raise yourself higher. From the greek root Pod, meaning feet. Think podiatrist = foot doctor.

Then there's Dais or Rostrom, for the small mini-stage where there's usually a table for multiple speakers to sit behind.

A Lectern is the slant-fronted stand used to hold reading material. Think Lecture. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lectern?show=0&t=1421253359

An orchestra conductor stands on a podium, with his sheet music on a lectern.)

Not that anybody remotely cares, or even should. Just sayin. Somebody once 'splained it to me (http://judgepedia.org/Howard_H._Shore), so I'm paying it forward. Carry on, sirs.

Edited by maddenboy

a) Jerry

d) Aquafina (other)

a) <5 minutes

7, for each time he punted inside the Bills own 50.

Rex should do the presser in a Bills hoodie with cut off sleeves

That would be fantastic.

There's a MILFy babe doing the "duck lips" thing but I have no audio....damn AV geeks are screwing up again (just like Norman in my fourth grade class who screwed up the film projector)