Dennis Thurman & Donnie Henderson

boyst

My belief has always been, if it ain't broke, DON'T F**K with it! Let it keep doing what it does best.

Schwartz will be quickly hired. Hopefully as far away from the AFC East (and our schedule) as possible.

Good luck Jim. Thanks for stopping by and making a contribution to the defense. :worthy:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too happy about this. I wanted to keep Schwartz and let Ryan focus on HC'ing duties.

+10000000000

Schwartz was under contract, how did he just up and leave? We have one of the best defenses in football, how could a new coach coming in want to change that? I Dont care who the coach is. Be the head coach and leave the only part of this team that is good alone

Hardly a surprise and largely irrelevant in grand scheme. Defense will be or would have been Top 5 with Schwartz and / or Ryan or combo.

Ryan's defense will be very similar to Pettine's and most of the personnel on D-side are familiar with it. As for personnel fit, the defense actually fits Ryan's scheme better than Schwartz's scheme, since we were still lacking depth at DE.

Jim Schwartz is apparently out. Dennis Thurman is in as defensive coordinator of the Buffalo Bills.

According to Kimberly Jones of NFL Media, Thurman will reunite with new Bills coach Rex Ryan and serve as the defensive coordinator in Buffalo.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/reports-dennis-thurman-to-be-bills-defensive-coordinator/

--

Not apparently I've seen at least 3 articles on it

Source: Buffalo DC Schwartz won't return

.' mark.gifBills lose Schwartz WGR-AM reports:

.' mark.gifSchwartz welcome, but he may move on Buffalo News reports:

Hardly a surprise and largely irrelevant in grand scheme. Defense will be or would have been Top 5 with Schwartz and / or Ryan or combo.

Ryan's defense will be very similar to Pettine's and most of the personnel on D-side are familiar with it. As for personnel fit, the defense actually fits Ryan's scheme better than Schwartz's scheme, since we were still lacking depth at DE.

all good.

will be interesting on what players from the jets come to buffalo....David Harris LB ?

So Rex runs the defense as he did in NY with assistance from Thurman. This is not a shock. i guess now we will get to see first hand how much of a defensive genius ole Sexy Rexy is. He certainly has been handed all the talent on that side of the ball he could ever ask for.

So was Schwartz

Go back and look at his LBs...

or the injured mario, depressed dareus and injured mark anderson in front of them.

i wont argue he was good, but the way the chips fell he looked even worse. when you rely on a unit like his scheme did and that unit is gutted, its going to be ugly.

all good.

will be interesting on what players from the jets come to buffalo....David Harris LB ?

Manish Mehta said that Rex is going to want to bring in David Harris to help implement his style of D here in Buffalo. I think Harris would be a good signing, personally.

+10000000000

Schwartz was under contract, how did he just up and leave? We have one of the best defenses in football, how could a new coach coming in want to change that? I Dont care who the coach is. Be the head coach and leave the only part of this team that is good alone

Take a deep breath and think about who you are getting as the HC. His defenses have always been among the best in the league.

There is some room for improvement and remember this D got better under Schwartz, it can get better under Ryan.

I think Ryan will have the talent in Buffalo he has not had since his days in Baltimore. I can not wait to see what he cooks up.