Dennis Thurman & Donnie Henderson

boyst

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Bradham. And Hughes was stellar against the run. And Corey Graham. And don't forget that Marcel's head was on straight, which was a huge factor (and something Marrone gets partial credit for).

You're right Marrone does deserve some credit now that you mention it, and since I own an insurance agency, maybe I'll offer him a job.

A lot of those big run plays were blown assignments some even by kiko. I can remember plenty of Jet games where we couldn't run a inch against rex

Rex and Pettine don't run the same defense.

Pettine runs his and Rex runs a much better defense. Pettine may have been coached under Rex but Pettine's defense will never be as good as Rex's.

Edited by Beef Jerky

A lot of those big run plays were blown assignments some even by kiko. I can remember plenty of Jet games where we couldn't run a inch against rex

They were, but a lot of that was due to blitzing and the attack of Pettine's scheme, and if the guy missed the tackle or took a bad angle on the blitz, or the opposing team just happened to call the right running play, it was off to the races. The Bills 2013 running problem wasnt the 5-6 yard runs, it was the 15, 25, 35, 45 yard runs.

They were, but a lot of that was due to blitzing and the attack of Pettine's scheme, and if the guy missed the tackle or took a bad angle on the blitz, or the opposing team just happened to call the right running play, it was off to the races. The Bills 2013 running problem wasnt the 5-6 yard runs, it was the 15, 25, 35, 45 yard runs.

Absolutely - that defense stoned RBs consistently. Also, bear in mind that the final garbage-time game of the season vs. the Pats really padded the negative rush D stats. Dareus was suspended for the first half and the d-line was completely exploited. They gave up 267 rushing yards in that game, and most of it in the first half: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201312290nwe.htm. There was also a freaking 83 yard kickoff return by RB LaGarette Blount in that game ...

Edited by dave mcbride

Rex runs a hybrid of the 3-4. It's like a 4-3 under. Lawson or Nigel could play Sam. I think Spikes is an ideal MLB but could also see him signing Harris or using Brown. Kiko will be WLB.

We do need a better, sober version of Branch. Terrence Knighton is a FA.

what did the Bills run last season with Petine?