What the first question you ask prospective coaches?

I would want to know the coaches answer to the following dilemma. You are in jail suspected of a robbery. The DA approaches you to offer a deal - he tells you he has your accomplice in an adjacent cell. He indicates that if one of you confesses and the other does not the confessor only gets a two year sentence but the non-confessor gets ten years. If you both confess each of you will get eight years. If you both refuse to confess each of you will receive 5 years. What would you do?

Edited by entropyrules

I would want to know the coaches answer to the following dilemma. You are in jail suspected of a robbery. The DA approaches you to offer a deal - he tells you he has your accomplice in an adjacent cell. He indicates that if one of you confesses and the other does not the confessor only gets a two year sentence but the non-confessor gets ten years. If you both confess each of you will get eight years. If you both refuse to confess each of you will receive 5 years. What would you do?

Call my lawyer.

Penny or Bernadette?

I have often thought that "Penny or Bernadette" is the "Ginger or Mary Ann" question of this generation.

I am in the Bernadette - Mary Ann camp myself, although it's a tough call. Especially the Penny versus Bernadette question.

As far as a coach, I think that some question regarding EJ Manual, Offensive Line, working with Schwartz, etc. are all good choices.

Instead of asking him a question, I'd make him wait in a room by himself while I watched through a two way mirror.

On the table in front of him is a box with round holes, and a bunch of square pegs (we'll call them TPeg's pegs).

Within arm's reach is a hammer.

Across the room, in the corner, is a box with square holes.

Now, wait for it...

Edited by transient

A bit off point, but the first question(s) I'd ask Marrone if I'm the Jets, Falcons, or Bears, are:

-- we understand about the $4M, but why walk out on a top 5 defense, great ST, two playmaking WRs, a new rich owner, a city crazy about their team, and a GM who is "obviously" trying to get personnel to improve the roster? You do realize there are only 32 of these jobs, correct?

Very simple - Why do you want to coach the Buffalo Bills?

The next Head Coach needs to be a guy that wants to be here and wants to coach this team. If I am not convinced that he has the passion for the job then the Xs and Os don't matter to me. If the guy wants to be here then a lot of the other questions about staff, Quarterbacks, scheme and long term vision are relevant.