RIP Stuart Scott

YoloinOhio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that ESPN had a special on his career, including quotes in memorial to him from so many people almost immediately after he died tells me that they knew this was coming for a while. Very sad news all, as like him or hate him, he was truly unique and a trailblazer and by all accounts I've read, a great guy.

Anyone else notice how Chris Berman looked in relaying the news, in particular how his eyes and eye wrinkles were so pronouncedly different from the rest of his much smoother makeup job? Either I've never noticed that before, or Boomer had cried his eye makeup off before going on the air. I'd wager it's the latter and I can't really blame him, as I'm sure they knew each other well.

Several teared up on air today, and a few were very near fully losing it. He was clearly loved by the espn crew. Which given some of the dramatic history in Bristol says a lot about the type of guy he was.

I liked although sometimes his style didn't sit well w/ me. Overall a good figure on ESPN. Sad that cancer took him too early. Best wished to his family.

My wife is battling it also, for the 2nd time & did get some positive news on Friday, a late Xmas present.

I liked although sometimes his style didn't sit well w/ me. Overall a good figure on ESPN. Sad that cancer took him too early. Best wished to his family.

My wife is battling it also, for the 2nd time & did get some positive news on Friday, a late Xmas present.

Prayers for your wife.

RIP Stu.

RIP for sure. Cancer is an SOB and a brutally scary reality for too many people.

I was never a fan of his schtick and feel like espn and sportscenter began the downfall of sports media, the constant need to be bigger than the topic, the dumbing down of the delivery for the lowest common denominator, and the need to drive ratings by seeing who could make the most ridiculous "take" or moronic metaphor.

That aside, I'm saddened nonetheless when a 49 year old man whonseemed to be a generally good guy dies too soon from something so horrific.

RIP for sure. Cancer is an SOB and a brutally scary reality for too many people.

I was never a fan of his schtick and feel like espn and sportscenter began the downfall of sports media, the constant need to be bigger than the topic, the dumbing down of the delivery for the lowest common denominator, and the need to drive ratings by seeing who could make the most ridiculous "take" or moronic metaphor.

That aside, I'm saddened nonetheless when a 49 year old man whonseemed to be a generally good guy dies too soon from something so horrific.

Very well said, sums up how I feel about to a T. Although like someone said earlier, when he eventually toned it down a bit I started to like him more on air. He really seemed like a good guy though and obviously was very devoted to his family. Very sad news. RIP Stu.

Very well said, sums up how I feel about to a T. Although like someone said earlier, when he eventually toned it down a bit I started to like him more on air. He really seemed like a good guy though and obviously was very devoted to his family. Very sad news. RIP Stu.