RIP Stuart Scott

YoloinOhio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up watching Stewart Scott. ESPN took a big chance on letting Stu be his own man in a time when most of the anchors were proper button down tie kind of guys. Here comes a black kid trying to crack in to a business that was dominated by white males & he was himself & it worked. I give him a lot of credit & I give ESPN a lot of credit also for allowing this to happen. I know in that profession your supposed to be unbiased but I remember the one time, Wednesdat night in Febuary he was doing Sports Center & Duke was top team in the country & UNC this wasn't one of their better years(they weren't even in the top 25) & they were playing in Cameron later on that night & he looked at his cohost Rich Eisen as they were talking about the upcoming matchup & he said "come on Rich you think UNC has got a shot don't you?" Eisen just looked at him started laughing & said "I don't think so Stu, not tonight." RIP Stewart.

Glad to hear you got some good news. I hope you are able to fight it and win

I liked although sometimes his style didn't sit well w/ me. Overall a good figure on ESPN. Sad that cancer took him too early. Best wished to his family.
My wife is battling it also, for the 2nd time & did get some positive news on Friday, a late Xmas present.