Doug Marrone opts out of contract

The Poojer

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will read this, so I will post it. Marrone is an !@#$. I've always thought so and this confirms it. I dislike him as a person and I hope the Jets hire him. This is a great day. What a dick.

I agree with that. I don't think he was a terrible coach, I think he was decent. But that's not good enough, and I think he is a dick. I don't know for sure. it's just an opinion. But there is a lot of reason to believe that is true.

Surprising, didn't think he'd opt out. I knew he wouldn't get an extension but I thought he'd be here at least another year after the job he did this season. Oh well, on to the next one!

Talk is he wants to head to NY and secure the Jets job. Stating he enjoyed his time there as the OL coach.

BLLSGUY

Hopefully, Brandon and Whaley are sent packing too. This could be the start of a new era for the Bills if Pegula hires wisely. Fingers crossed Pegula sees what a failure Whaley has been. Trading up a few spots to pick a WR while sacrificing a 1st round pick is atrocious and is grounds for termination by itself!

On to a brighter future!

Seriously? Come out of the rock you're under....

Edited by Buff the Cat

I do not think that Marrone is a bad coach and did not think that the Bills should fire him. He quit - for whatever reason. We saw how that worked out for Mularkey.

If the Jets think that Marrone is a better coach than Rex, they can have him. I would trade Marrone for Rex and would consider Rex an upgrade.

I want Todd Bowles or Dan Quinn but would be perfectly happy with Rex. Gruden would be my dream HC but I just don't see him as a viable candidate.

As I stated before, double down on defense and find a great OC and OL coach.

Why would you want a defensive guy like Rex or Bowles, which would likely mean Schwartz was gone, and have to rely on the new coach to find an offensive guy... versus an offensive guy like Bevell or Gase or someone else, who would take control of that and know the defense was in good hands with Schwartz?

Why would you want a defensive guy like Rex or Bowles, which would likely mean Schwartz was gone, and have to rely on the new coach to find an offensive guy... versus an offensive guy like Bevell or Gase or someone else, who would take control of that and know the defense was in good hands with Schwartz?

Why do you think Schwartz is gone if Rex is hired? The system? Didn't Rex have a strong DC before, in Pettine?

Because I want the offensive guy to have no other responsibilities. Further, how can anyone adequately evaluate Gase or McDaniels? Charlie Weis was a genius with Tom Brady and a complete failure ever since. There is no way to separate them from their HOF QB's. Do you think Peyton even listens to anything Gase says? Marrone was supposedly an offensive guru and the offense is as bad as it has been since Losman was at QB. Bring in a young and upcoming DC and get a seasoned OC.

And to make my point even further, 90% of this board would have gladly traded Marrone for Pettine last year.

Bowles and Quinn are directing supreme defenses in the toughest division in football. Schwartz will not get a HC job. The best he can do is leave for another DC job which the Bills could block if they wanted.