Doug Marrone opts out of contract

The Poojer

I didn't say he was fired?

from the sounds of it I think was when Pegula baught the team.

I understand. But had Pegula fired Marrone, his "dissing" the owner would be a bit more interesting, IMO. That's all.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Russ we have some explaining to do on why he would offer this loser with no NFL head coaching experience 4 million walk away clause.Happy he is gone not happy we had to give him cash to leave.

Probably because Marrone was supposedly a hot prospect and Russ wanted to nail him down. The specter of Ralph's passing was a consideration.

When I first heard this I was pissed. Here we go again. Now I'm glad he is gone. Who needs a quitter? Let him take his ball and $4 million (man that hurts) and go home. Why do Bills' fans love Freddy Jackson because he is all heart and doesn't quit. We love the Bills because they came back down 35 - 3 against the Oilers and won in the greatest comeback ever. They went to four straight super bowls and demonstrated all kinds of guts, courage, and determination.

Marrone goes 9 - 7 (15 -17 overall) and reportedly wants an extension for himself and/or his coaches. Say what you want about him, he has some stones. Mediocre results and he wants an extension. Ludicrous!

Hang in there Bills' fans. This may be a blessing in disguise. Here's hoping Terry and Kim keep pushing the right buttons. So far they are 1 for 1.

The poem that Marv quoted after the Super Bowl loss to the Giants:

"Fight on, my men," says Sir Andrew Barton,

"I am hurt, but I am not slain;

I'll lay me down and bleed a while,

And then I'll rise and fight again.

first of the changing of the guard (not including nix - what inner secrets does this guy hold to account for his remaining on the payroll this long?). there's an article on the raiders interest in brandon. then maybe whaley goes. looks like a truly new era. happy new year! more reason to celebrate.

first of the changing of the guard (not including nix - what inner secrets does this guy hold to account for his remaining on the payroll this long?). there's an article on the raiders interest in brandon. then maybe whaley goes. looks like a truly new era. happy new year! more reason to celebrate.

I'm not sure there is reason to celebrate yet (of course, I don't know there isn't). Too much uncertainty here. The Bills aren't a team looking to REBUILD. Until the changes are made (actually until we see the results) we won't know for sure. But I don't think wholesale changes, when you are at the stage the Bills are, is necessarily a good thing.

I'm not sure there is reason to celebrate yet (of course, I don't know there isn't). Too much uncertainty here. The Bills aren't a team looking to REBUILD. Until the changes are made (actually until we see the results) we won't know for sure. But I don't think wholesale changes, when you are at the stage the Bills are, is necessarily a good thing.

This could be the move that propels us to the playoffs. Or the move that knocks us back to the basement. Time will tell.

dude, it's almost the new year. just celebrate. we can worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Yep, Paul was doing that over the air, and now WGR-550 has posted Joe B.'s printed article doing the same.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=447622

I've lauded Joe B for being in my mind the best local reporter when he sticks to facts and data. But his opinion pieces like this are filled with garbage, conjecture and innuendo. A young green guy like him has made a good name for himself like all young reporters do by sticking to the facts. His inexperience is painful when he tries to have an opinion. But in today's media, you don't need 20 years on the beat before you get to have an opinion. Here's a point... He state marrone had ruined Spiller or doesn't know what to do with him? Really? No coach has figured out how to give a guy vision and guts...what Fred has.

Wholesale changes are definitely needed on the offense. I don't think this is just a matter of getting a competent QB and a few guards - the RB position is a big question mark going into next season with FJ getting up there in years, and with respect to coaching, they need to implement a brand new offense built around the team's strengths.

Whether we progress or regress comes down to the defense. If we lose Schwartz, Pepper Johnson, and/or players like Hughes and Spikes, yes, we could be in for a world of hurt.

Looks like Russ we have some explaining to do on why he would offer this loser with no NFL head coaching experience 4 million walk away clause.Happy he is gone not happy we had to give him cash to leave.

The clause only took effect with a change in ownership. It activated when Pegs bought the team, and was Maroon's safety net for getting thrown out on his a$$. I have no problem with the clause. It's actually funny that Maroon thought he could leverage Pegs for only 4M. Pegs told him to get that weak **** outta here.

Nick Bakay@NickBakay4real 10s11 seconds ago

Dear Doug Marrone -- when it really mattered, you lost to the Raiders... And now your karma is the NYC media? Enjoy!

This to the 1000th power. Maroon failed to get his team ready for the biggest game of the year. That massive fail alone should have gotten him fired. Good riddance Maroon.

Wholesale changes are definitely needed on the offense. I don't think this is just a matter of getting a competent QB and a few guards - the RB position is a big question mark going into next season with FJ getting up there in years, and with respect to coaching, they need to implement a brand new offense built around the team's strengths.

Whether we progress or regress comes down to the defense. If we lose Schwartz, Pepper Johnson, and/or players like Hughes and Spikes, yes, we could be in for a world of hurt.

Actually, I think I said getting a competent OC and a few good guards would go a LONG way to fixing this offense. Yes the Bills need to take a good hard look at the RB situation, but going into this season, that was one of the team's strengths. Even the backups were competent.

But with regard to the difference between the changes needed on offense vs defense, i have to agree. But any major shakeup might include both sides. That's what has me worried.

I think that, along with the new ownership, will easily make Buffalo the most sought after job this off season...They may not have a QB yet...assuming the new HC does not believe in EJ of course...And certainly they need some adjustments at the OG positions...But they have just about everything else in place including a top 5 Defense, a true #1 WR, and 3 decent RB's coming back...They also have Kiko returning, a PK who is all but automatic, solid ST's, and along with that Defense a potential Home Field advantage that can match any in the NFL...There will be plenty of qualified candidates lining up for this job...I really believe that...And the right HC can move this team forward...Not sure who that guy is yet...But I had serious doubts Marrone was that guy anyway... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I think that, along with the new ownership, will easily make Buffalo the most sought after job this off season...They may not have a QB yet...assuming the new HC does not believe in EJ of course...And certainly they need some adjustments at the OG positions...But they have just about everything else in place including a top 5 Defense, a true #1 WR, and 3 decent RB's coming back...They also have Kiko returning, a PK who is all but automatic, solid ST's, and along with that Defense a potential Home Field advantage that can match any in the NFL...There will be plenty of qualified candidates lining up for this job...I really believe that...And the right HC can move this team forward...Not sure who that guy is yet...But I had serious doubts Marrone was that guy anyway... B-)

Fair enough. And well stated. :thumbsup: I agree the Bills HC job became a very interesting HC job this year, unlike in past years.