Good, now we can start EJ and sit down this clown Orton.

Tipster19

How about this? In New England we play NO starting quarterback!?

Eric Wood can snap the ball to one of a variety of other offensive players, such as CJ.

From there, just wing it.

Go full sandlot baby, even if you never go full sandlot.

I am not sure the performance of this offensive unit would be a hell of a lot worse than the what we have been seeing each week with Kyle Orton.

Might even confuse the D a little.

Wood struggles with the snap count. He would probably forget it...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he lost the game for us

really, what game were you watching?

1. Playing calling was as awful as ever

2. Defense really was limited when Dareus went out.

3. Did you see the o-line? That right side is terrible.

Without Orton this was was 6-10 this season.

Orton may not be the answer but he's certainly not the main problem.

I agree. Orton is not the answer and unless we get the second coming of Johnny Unitas along with RG3s mobility not one friggin QB will ever succeed when paired with this OL and OC combination. Hackett...cya. OL is abysmal from end to end. No one blocked Mack including our much heralded 7th round pick! Cordy and Wood both are about average and they are the best we have. The D was schooled, but how many drives are they expected to stop after another 3 and out? Been saying this all year and before the draft. We need talent on the OL. All three OL picks this year were guys everyone else passed on. And we wasted the extra 1st rounder on Watkins to boot. Benjamin, Beckman, Evans are look better than Sammy. Maybe its the cast around him, but for two #1s I expect a lot more. Guess we wait until next year. Again.

REALLY!!! What game were you watching today. Yes. Orton could have been better, but the Offensive Line did NOTHING to protect him or create a running game. Our WR's didn't get much separation and the Defense made Carr look like Ken Stabler. Could Orton have been better. Yes. absolutely, but he is far fron the reason they lost today. AWFul Team performance along with awful coaching adjustments ( see Henderson)......

+1

I I understand Orton's voidable contract clause - he is guaranteed $5.4M next season if he does not void his contract. That would be guaranteed whether or not he's waived. Please correct me if that's wrong. So that means he's on the team next season at that rate. There's no way the Bills pay him that and not have him on the team. Starter, backup, whatever. He's on the team. He's also the best QB on the team. Sorry. It sucks, but he is. EJ shouldn't even be on the roster next season. He is that terrible. The Bills need to be looking for better in the offseason, but barring a better QB being obtained in FA or a trade Orton is starting next season. No one the Bills could get in the draft could be expected to start early in the season.

So exactly what's the point of not starting Orton next weekend? I'd expect something less than maximum effort from the team anyway. While I am not implying that the team will phone it in there is no way we are going to see an optimal performance after this letdown. So why bench the guy that's going to be starting for you next year?

I don't know if your assertion here is correct or not (regarding his contract situation and what money is guaranteed, etc.) but I'm guessing you don't follow the Sabres.

Do you have any idea how much money Terry Pegula has eaten in the name of "making the on-ice product better" in the last few years?

Christ, he is currently paying his best defenseman the last few years (Christian Ehrhoff) to NOT play on the team for the greater good of the organization and the tank.

These are the ways (that have nothing to do with a salary cap) in which Pegula can make a real difference as the new owner.

Decisions of this type will not hamper the on-field product any more.

If it is determined that the best interest of the team (from a wins/losses perspective) is to dump Kyle, he will be dumped! If we eat some money doing that, so be it.

I actually don't see Marrone starting EJ......for 1 reason........

If EJ goes out there and actually does play very well and the the Bills win (long shot, I know), everyone will be on Marrone for not playing him sooner, especially with just how terrible Orton has been over the last couple of months for the most part.

Marrone decided to go with Orton and was going to sink or swim with him for the rest of the year. He chose his guy. If the guy he benched goes out there, after not playing for 13 weeks or whatever and beats the Cheatriots* after the way Orton has played for so long now, Marrone will look like more of a fool than he already does. So, if he plays Orton and loses in much the same way we always do, nobody will have a chance to see if Manuel actually learned anything over the last few months......

your assuming that Marrone is a giant, egotistical d-bag. Oh, wait..........nevermind....

I don't know if your assertion here is correct or not (regarding his contract situation and what money is guaranteed, etc.) but I'm guessing you don't follow the Sabres.

Do you have any idea how much money Terry Pegula has eaten in the name of "making the on-ice product better" in the last few years?

Christ, he is currently paying his best defenseman the last few years (Christian Ehrhoff) to NOT play on the team for the greater good of the organization and the tank.

These are the ways (that have nothing to do with a salary cap) in which Pegula can make a real difference as the new owner.

Decisions of this type will not hamper the on-field product any more.

If it is determined that the best interest of the team (from a wins/losses perspective) is to dump Kyle, he will be dumped! If we eat some money doing that, so be it.

Nice. I'm a Bills and Penguins fan. Was wondering what Pegula was like as the Sabers owner. Glad to see that he's in it to win. Oh, and thanks for Ehroff :)

the question will be asked this week, and Marrone will answer in all honesty that he believes Orton gives the team the best chance to win. if pressed to answer why, he'll respond that Orton can execute more of the offensive gameplan than EJ. coaches have systems - as inept, inflexible and impotent as they may be - it's theirs. they've handed Orton the keys in hopes of seeing their system execute well. if they take them back now, it won't be their decision.

Edited by BackInDaDay

Lets start EJ next week. Very few QB's in the history of NFL have done well in their rookie year- more often then not they look awful. I remember watching first round pick Alex Smith and thinking how bad he looked and didn't think he would make NFL. But Alex Smith improved and is a decent starter- he made progress. EJ has all the physical tools, great attitude and work ethic. Maybe we have a solid QB next year and they are already on the roster- and his name his EJ.

Rookie was good enough to beat the Bills today.

EJ Manuel is terrible. If you're going to play him to try to showcase him for a trade, fine. But he shouldn't be on the roster next year.

There couldn't be a more stupid post. EJ has no trade value. What do you think the Bills can "showcase" in one game on the road against the Patriots that they haven't already done so with 10 starts? Unless someone is a complete idiot, there is no circumstance where EJ's value is anything more than a fish taco and a diet shasta. :wallbash:

I was saying all week that this guy is garbage and would cost them a win in Oakland. Everyone was pumped about the Green Bay win, the score of that game should have been something like 38-17. The guy is like a baby giraffe back there.

Orton is not that good but come on, the defense lost this one, but keep mindlessly blaming Orton and the offense. :wallbash:

I would prefer EJ start the last game. If it happens, I think it's a decision from Whaley (or above) probably indicating that Marrone is gone at the end of the year.

Agreed on both. Aside from team pride - which sure isn't manifesting itself in onfield results - I am not sure what there is to gain or preserve in starting Orton.

I think if Orton starts it just tells me that Marrone is focused on keeping his job.

I I understand Orton's voidable contract clause - he is guaranteed $5.4M next season if he does not void his contract. That would be guaranteed whether or not he's waived. Please correct me if that's wrong. So that means he's on the team next season at that rate. There's no way the Bills pay him that and not have him on the team. Starter, backup, whatever. He's on the team. He's also the best QB on the team. Sorry. It sucks, but he is. EJ shouldn't even be on the roster next season. He is that terrible. The Bills need to be looking for better in the offseason, but barring a better QB being obtained in FA or a trade Orton is starting next season. No one the Bills could get in the draft could be expected to start early in the season.

So exactly what's the point of not starting Orton next weekend? I'd expect something less than maximum effort from the team anyway. While I am not implying that the team will phone it in there is no way we are going to see an optimal performance after this letdown. So why bench the guy that's going to be starting for you next year?

If Kyle ";)$z@#% Orton is our starting QB next year, then my golf game is going to improve

tremendously next fall.

Edited by Tu-Toned

rookie EJ beat the Ravens. Not to mention when ej started rookie year, the bills scores over 20 points 8 times, and 30 points twice

'Flaccid' threw 4 picks -including the game-decider by Kiko in the waning moments of a very close game.

But don't let real facts get in the way of your EJ man-crush..

Manuel just standing on a gridiron is criminal.