Good, now we can start EJ and sit down this clown Orton.

Tipster19

I hope Marrone has the good sense not to start Manuel in a meaningless run for the bus game. Drawbacks far outweigh the benefits from both a developmental standpoint as well as an organizational standpoint. Orton drove this bus, he has to park it.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope Marrone has the good sense not to start Manuel in a meaningless run for the bus game. Drawbacks far outweigh the benefits from both a developmental standpoint as well as an organizational standpoint. Orton drove this bus, he has to park it.

GO BILLS!!!

I've gone back and forth on this in my mind but think you're ultimately correct. Starting EJ next weekend won't show much in terms of whether or not he's developed on the bench and the downside is quite large. I hope Orton starts and gets shelled until he decides to retire.

EJ Manuel had better career college numbers than Aaron Rodgers.

66.9% vs 63.8% completion percentage

150.4 vs 150.2 QB rating

8.6 vs 8.2 yards per attempt

Once EJ figures out NFL defenses, he'll be a fine starter. Rodgers sat on the bench for 3 years learning the NFL game before even started a single game.

Pretty much the same. But by comparison, EJ played for a team with superior talent in a weak conference while Aaron played for a much less talented team in a slightly stronger (at that time) conference. If EJ had similar numbers say on Duke or the Tar Heels, then we have a very red apples to green apples type of argument.

Pretty much the same. But by comparison, EJ played for a team with superior talent in a weak conference while Aaron played for a much less talented team in a slightly stronger (at that time) conference. If EJ had similar numbers say on Duke or the Tar Heels, then we have a very red apples to green apples type of argument.

Rodgers played with 3 NFl rbs (JJ Arrington, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett). And the majority of FSU guys drafted with EJ were defensive players.

Rodgers played with 3 NFl rbs (JJ Arrington, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett). And the majority of FSU guys drafted with EJ were defensive players.

Yeah, but you say things like "4-0 in Bowl games," those defensive players are important. NFL talent is NFL talent.

Aaron Rodgers is far, far better than Manuel will ever be.

Wait, EJ won't be as good as one of the greatest Qbs ever?

I do love all the people who act like they knew Rodgers was going to be this good. Funny, I didn't hear people demanding him when he was sliding in the draft or riding the bench for 3 years.

As always, hindsight is 20-20.

here's a question about Orton. next year his option is a players option to return. So if he returns, can the Bills cut him anyway? Or is there anything that prohibts that from being done?

You know what? Every single time someone calls you out on your EJ bashing, you take a shot and change the subject, but when it's brought up that Orton isn't the answer you hurl an insult like a grade schooler and change the subject. The facts are there. Taking away the 2 Jets games and the garbage time yardage, there is little to no difference between the QB's. So IMO I go with the one with potential which is EJ. Orton is what he is, there's nothing new he's magically going to do to be better.

Haha, you're a funny guy! Kinda like the other guy. :wallbash: I think EJ stinks, and I will keep saying as much. You must think Orton stinks and you will keep saying as much. Problem?

Oh, kinda hypocritical to say I take shots at others then call me a grade schooler. Pfffftttt......Whatever dude!

GO BILLS!!!

I have a feeling this will truly be a run-for-the-bus game like in 2011 (Pats won 49-21) but this Bills offense won't score much. I predict New England 41-3.

I have a feeling this will truly be a run-for-the-bus game like in 2011 (Pats won 49-21) but this Bills offense won't score much. I predict New England 41-3.

I agree. This could be over by the end of he first quarter. Just not a good opportunity for evaluation of Manuel's progress.

GO BILLS!!!

Wait, EJ won't be as good as one of the greatest Qbs ever?

I do love all the people who act like they knew Rodgers was going to be this good. Funny, I didn't hear people demanding him when he was sliding in the draft or riding the bench for 3 years.

As always, hindsight is 20-20.

Maybe it was because the Bills didn't have a 1st round pick that year.

But rant on..

At this point, I don't care. I'm so disgusted with the team now with that embarrassment Sunday. I could have left the season with a win at Oakland and a tough fight at NE, and felt better about the team.

Now, I'm just deflated and going into another 7 months of knowing our team sucks compared tot he playoff teams with not much hope without a first round pick next year.

Bigger, faster, 4-0 in bowl games.

Carr seems like a Dalton type at best. He has never wowed me.

Putting down Carr by calling him a Dalton type. I would take a Dalton over EJ any day.If Dalton was our QB this year with this defense,do you really believe that the Bills would not already be a lock for the playoffs? Dalton > EJ, Dalton > Orton.Give me a Dalton type.

Carr may never be a top 5 QB, but he is good enough to get this Bills team into the playoffs playing in his rookie year. EJ has been with the Bills two seasons now and has shown just how ready he is to take the Bills to the playoffs. Carr has shown his skills and earned his coach's confidence on a horrible team his first year, and is still the starter. EJ has stunk it up repeatly on the Bills over two seasons and has failed to earn his coach's confidence enough to even start over "train wreck Orton". Do you really believe Orton > Carr? If the Bill's believe that this year Orton > EJ, who would be starting this year if Carr was a BIll?

Edited by simpleman

Haha, you're a funny guy! Kinda like the other guy. :wallbash: I think EJ stinks, and I will keep saying as much. You must think Orton stinks and you will keep saying as much. Problem?

Oh, kinda hypocritical to say I take shots at others then call me a grade schooler. Pfffftttt......Whatever dude!

Obviously your reading comprehension needs work. i didn't call you a grade schooler, I said you hurl insults LIKE a grade schooler. Nice assumption about Orton though, I've asked questions about Orton and you've not answered them. Take out the 2 Jets games and show me how much better Orton performed compared to EJ.

Putting down Carr by calling him a Dalton type. I would take a Dalton over EJ any day.If Dalton was our QB this year with this defense,do you really believe that the Bills would not already be a lock for the playoffs? Dalton > EJ, Dalton > Orton.Give me a Dalton type.

Carr may never be a top 5 QB, but he is good enough to get this Bills team into the playoffs playing in his rookie year. EJ has been with the Bills two seasons now and has shown just how ready he is to take the Bills to the playoffs. Carr has shown his skills and earned his coach's confidence on a horrible team his first year, and is still the starter. EJ has stunk it up repeatly on the Bills over two seasons and has failed to earn his coach's confidence enough to even start over "train wreck Orton". Do you really believe Orton > Carr? If the Bill's believe that this year Orton > EJ, who would be starting this year if Carr was a BIll?

^^This^^, bottom line is if EJ had anything he would have been playing. EJ or KO might be the starter next year but the 2016 starter isn't on the current roster.