Good, now we can start EJ and sit down this clown Orton.

Tipster19

Orton was not that bad today. He missed a few throws for sure, but he hit a bunch as well. However, I actually would welcome putting EJ in next week to further progress the inevitible departure of our #1 draft choice flop. Others, need to see, once again, how bad he is. Better yet, put in the full playbook, and lets see how he does with that.....instead of the coddled partial book he operated with earlier. Now, we also need a new O coordinator...despite Marrones comments this past week about blaming himself. If Hackett isn't gone, Marrone needs to go also. Marrone, if he is smart, will kick himself upstairs become a true head coach, and turn over the O to somebody who knows what to do. I am thinking we might be able to get Trestman from the Bears, we could do a lot worse. If Marrone won't agree to do something like that, Whaley needs to get rid of Marrone. I have seen enough....Hackett or Hackett/Marrone has produced two bad offenses.....need another designer who knows the NFL game. Success at Syracuse apparently doesn't translate to the pro's.

EJ can't even get the ball in the same ZIP code on longer throws......I watched from the stands these last two years.....what games are you watching?

Orton routinely missing throws to guys 5yds away... that's what I'm watching.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spare EJ the humiliation. Get him ready for next year. Let the Patriots 3rd stringers feast on Orton, then send him back to the couch where he belongs. We're going 8-8 anyway.

This is an important perspective that is lost on many. What is their to gain for EJ personally to go in for live action against the division winner to end the season. Letting him have a full offseason of health and quality work will serve him and perhaps the team better while Orton is the one to enter the lion's den next week and get killed behind that O-line. Setting EJ up to fail appears to be the goal of some of these so called EJ supporters. Go figure.

the only , and i mean only reason not to play EJ is it's the Patriots and Bill will do every thing possible to mess Manuel's head.

But Orton is no longer an option for next year. Guy absolutely lost the game for us

he lost the game for us

really, what game were you watching?

1. Playing calling was as awful as ever

2. Defense really was limited when Dareus went out.

3. Did you see the o-line? That right side is terrible.

Without Orton this was was 6-10 this season.

Orton may not be the answer but he's certainly not the main problem.

This is an important perspective that is lost on many. What is their to gain for EJ personally to go in for live action against the division winner to end the season. Letting him have a full offseason of health and quality work will serve him and perhaps the team better while Orton is the one to enter the lion's den next week and get killed behind that O-line. Setting EJ up to fail appears to be the goal of some of these so called EJ supporters. Go figure.

What's not to gain? This is actually the perfect time to play him because the expectations are at their lowest. The team just lost to the Raiders, they are now playing the best team in the NFL and they are playing them on the road.

If Manuel fails then it's no big deal, it's totally expected. If he wins the game and looks impressive, then the whole Bills organization gets a big lift going into the offseason. The risk/reward factor tilts heavily towards playing Manuel.

I have a feeling Orton starts again. Though I would personally like to see whether EJ has made any strides, the coaches see him in practice everyday and still want to play who they think gives them the best chance, playoffs or no playoffs on the line. Beating NE would be meaningful going into next yr. Orton had a good day against the Pats* week 6 despite the early turnovers. Still, am curious to see EJ again myself.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I have a feeling Orton starts again. Though I would personally like to see whether EJ has made any strides, the coaches see him in practice everyday and still want to play who they think gives them the best chance, playoffs or no playoffs on the line. Beating NE would be meaningful going into next yr. Orton had a good day against the Pats* week 6 despite the early turnovers. Still, am curious to see EJ again myself.

Lets start EJ next week. Very few QB's in the history of NFL have done well in their rookie year- more often then not they look awful. I remember watching first round pick Alex Smith and thinking how bad he looked and didn't think he would make NFL. But Alex Smith improved and is a decent starter- he made progress. EJ has all the physical tools, great attitude and work ethic. Maybe we have a solid QB next year and they are already on the roster- and his name his EJ.

What's not to gain? This is actually the perfect time to play him because the expectations are at their lowest. The team just lost to the Raiders, they are now playing the best team in the NFL and they are playing them on the road.

If Manuel fails then it's no big deal, it's totally expected. If he wins the game and looks impressive, then the whole Bills organization gets a big lift going into the offseason. The risk/reward factor tilts heavily towards playing Manuel.

More like WHEN Manuel fails. We're losing bad because this team is deflated. Nothing will be learned about EJ.

Come on, Steve. The offense went 6 straight 3 and outs and failed to move the ball for 3 quarters while the defense suffered injuries to two of its best players.

This wasn't on the defense. They played hard. This was squarely on the coaches and Mr. "I'm a huge vagina" Orton. The guy should be walking home.

Did you actually watch the game? The defense collapsed after Darius went out.

Lets start EJ next week. Very few QB's in the history of NFL have done well in their rookie year- more often then not they look awful. I remember watching first round pick Alex Smith and thinking how bad he looked and didn't think he would make NFL. But Alex Smith improved and is a decent starter- he made progress. EJ has all the physical tools, great attitude and work ethic. Maybe we have a solid QB next year and they are already on the roster- and his name his EJ.

i think I would start EJ. But... I think we will see Kyle. When do they announce? Was Marrone asked about it after the game? Seems like they ask him every week now.

Your assumption that a potential humiliation against the likes of Belichic and Brady, not to mention risk of injury and major lack of reps over the past few months, is extreme. The O-line currently could get him seriously hurt in a game that serves no greater good anymore. The season is over. EJ's best bet is to take this time to become as healthy, fresh, and well studied as possible leading into OTA's. I'd rather see Orton on a stretcher next week than Manuel. It's not a crime to accept that this simply wasn't Manuel's year. The fact that you feel a loss is totally expected, and yet feel that he should start anyway, is a little confusing to me.

Just stop already. I'm so tired of reading this delusional garbage from EJ fanboys. Get this straight: EJ is terrible, he was terrible in Florida. He will always be terrible. He was a wasted pick,thanks to Whaley, and a cancerous growth on the field, thanks to Maronne.

All we need is a new quarterback (none from our current team), two new guards, a new offensive coordinator, a new head coach, and Kiko Alonso back.

Fire Hackett immediately!

I don't think I can justify renewing season tickets with a team like this.

Manuel doesn't have the intelligence and quick decision making ability to play in the NFL. He also lacks the guts to take a gamble and throw deep. I forget, he can't throw a deep ball accurately because the anticipation of where a receiver will be isn't there with him. If a receiver isn't open, he won't throw.

the only , and i mean only reason not to play EJ is it's the Patriots and Bill will do every thing possible to mess Manuel's head.

But Orton is no longer an option for next year. Guy absolutely lost the game for us

REALLY!!! What game were you watching today. Yes. Orton could have been better, but the Offensive Line did NOTHING to protect him or create a running game. Our WR's didn't get much separation and the Defense made Carr look like Ken Stabler. Could Orton have been better. Yes. absolutely, but he is far fron the reason they lost today. AWFul Team performance along with awful coaching adjustments ( see Henderson)......

How about this? In New England we play NO starting quarterback!?

Eric Wood can snap the ball to one of a variety of other offensive players, such as CJ.

From there, just wing it.

Go full sandlot baby, even if you never go full sandlot.

I am not sure the performance of this offensive unit would be a hell of a lot worse than the what we have been seeing each week with Kyle Orton.

Might even confuse the D a little.

I I understand Orton's voidable contract clause - he is guaranteed $5.4M next season if he does not void his contract. That would be guaranteed whether or not he's waived. Please correct me if that's wrong. So that means he's on the team next season at that rate. There's no way the Bills pay him that and not have him on the team. Starter, backup, whatever. He's on the team. He's also the best QB on the team. Sorry. It sucks, but he is. EJ shouldn't even be on the roster next season. He is that terrible. The Bills need to be looking for better in the offseason, but barring a better QB being obtained in FA or a trade Orton is starting next season. No one the Bills could get in the draft could be expected to start early in the season.

So exactly what's the point of not starting Orton next weekend? I'd expect something less than maximum effort from the team anyway. While I am not implying that the team will phone it in there is no way we are going to see an optimal performance after this letdown. So why bench the guy that's going to be starting for you next year?