How about inserting E J for a few plays?

ShelfromNJ

Put it this way. Who do you think lining up at QB right now gives the Bills the best chance of getting a first down or touchdown from one yard away, considering all of the possible play calls, Orton or EJ?

considering our inability to get 1 yard on so many occasions this year I will say no one because it all depends on if the Oline decides to show up

at this point it's in EJ's best interest to NOT play this year.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Better to remain on the bench and be thought a starter than to play and remove all doubt.

Lack confidence in the guy don't ya, Can't imagine why.

considering our inability to get 1 yard on so many occasions this year I will say no one because it all depends on if the Oline decides to show up

Except that is not an answer. ;)

I don't want EJ getting a series or making a package for him, except PERHAPS a short yardage package where he will often roll out and either run or throw. One thing that EJ is already very good at that will not change is ball handling. He's very good on ball fakes and play action. It's a skill.

This coaching staff spent the first year with EJ teaching him not to run. Just saying.

What he needed were some remedial lessons in sliding. Did he skip Tee ball? He looked like a giraffe trying to slide into second. Stepping out of bounds didn't go well either, I suppose.

at this point it's in EJ's best interest to NOT play this year.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Better to remain on the bench and be thought a starter than to play and remove all doubt.

Signed, Johnny Manziel

This coaching staff spent the first year with EJ teaching him not to run. Just saying.

And this is the problem with the bills. They draft or trade for a qb and then try to change them. They take a gunslinger and makeover to pocket passer Gee didn't work. They take a runner and same crap. Idea only take someone with the attribute you want. It's like getting married with the idea he/she will change ain't happening.

Except that is not an answer. ;)

I don't want EJ getting a series or making a package for him, except PERHAPS a short yardage package where he will often roll out and either run or throw. One thing that EJ is already very good at that will not change is ball handling. He's very good on ball fakes and play action. It's a skill.

A la Brad Smith?

What do you think about designing a few plays for E J to run? It would definitely surprise other teams. We could use the no huddle offense. It might really confuse the Pats and give a spark to the offense.

I am 100% in favor of this and have been calling for it for several weeks now. I see no reason not to do this. Gives the defense more to prepare for, Orton is not elite so you're not going to miss a few snaps, gives EJ some live game action to help his development. It's all good.

Wood-Strock took the Dolphins to the Super Bowl so it can work.

Edited by vincec

I really find this thought intriguing . Bringing EJ on to the field would surely overload the Patriots Headsets.

If was for just one play. Bill B. would be freaking the F out. Dont use on the Raiders though no no no. wasted effort

NO ONE WOULD SEE THAT COMING..

Genius!!

i dont think they try it , but it would be cutting edge insanity. I would love it what a way to finish the season !

Within the ten yard line i would love to see EJ in there. It would surely get a timeout at the least !

I really find this thought intriguing . Bringing EJ on to the field would surely overload the Patriots Headsets.

If was for just one play. Bill B. would be freaking the F out. Dont use on the Raiders though no no no. wasted effort

NO ONE WOULD SEE THAT COMING..

Genius!!

i dont think they try it , but it would be cutting edge insanity. I would love it what a way to finish the season !

Within the ten yard line i would love to see EJ in there. It would surely get a timeout at the least !

Is the sarcasm font on here? I"m sure Bill B would freak out .... can't imagine he would know how to react to EJ stepping behind center, the novice that he is.

That very rarely works.

That said, on third or fourth and short, or goal line situations, he may be a lot better for this offense to go in and run roll outs, or bootlegs, or read options, or just scramble his way for first downs or Tds, or even QB sneaks. I think that might be a decent idea considering that Orton can't move and we don't have great short yardage blocking. Orton would hate it but he can't move and he's playing like crap which is the only reason to consider it.

:thumbsup:

Is the sarcasm font on here? I"m sure Bill B would freak out .... can't imagine he would know how to react to EJ stepping behind center, the novice that he is.

I said it was cutting edge didn't I ?

Nate's been saving it for the Pats.

It..just...might ..... work !

with a three TE bunch of course, to make a point.

Boy is Bill gonna be pissed when EJ boots left , DIVES headfirst into the endzone for the score. With Woods and Watkins clearing.

empty backfield .

Obviously

I said it was cutting edge didn't I ?

Nate's been saving it for the Pats.

It..just...might ..... work !

with a three TE bunch of course, to make a point.

Boy is Bill gonna be pissed when EJ boots left , DIVES headfirst into the endzone for the score. With Woods and Watkins clearing.

empty backfield .

Obviously

had to be.

i love the idea. if anyone thinks Orton is one percent better than EJ I challenge you to prove it.

our offense is a freakin joke. if jordy nelson hangs on to either one of those two TD passes that were right in his hands we lose to GB and people might be finally opening their eyes to how awful Orton is playing right now.

I would start EJ in two seconds against NE because they'll be prepped for Orton.

but we won't and he'll be a sitting duck again and we'll score a dozen points max. marrone wouldnt even put in EJ up 20 points in the 4th quarter until it was handoff time. coaching scared=no playoffs again

i love the idea. if anyone thinks Orton is one percent better than EJ I challenge you to prove it.

our offense is a freakin joke. if jordy nelson hangs on to either one of those two TD passes that were right in his hands we lose to GB and people might be finally opening their eyes to how awful Orton is playing right now.

I would start EJ in two seconds against NE because they'll be prepped for Orton.

but we won't and he'll be a sitting duck again and we'll score a dozen points max. marrone wouldnt even put in EJ up 20 points in the 4th quarter until it was handoff time. coaching scared=no playoffs again

Keep in mind, no matter how bad Orton has been...EJ was and is much worse. There isn't much to prove, I would refer you to his play throughout his career. Orton occasionally hits guys throughout the game. It's a miracle for EJ to throw one pass on target.

Edited by MoreOffense

he was a freaking ROOKIE and missed a few games to injury . AS a Rookie EJ won 2 or 4 games in the 4th QRT, he also lost 2 games back to back because SJ13 and Chandler dropped / fumbled balls away in the 4th with a lead before the opponent scored on those turnovers!!!

If you EJ haters think that the Bills will get a QB ti be an instant SB Hero I have some swampland in Florida I'd love to sell you!!!

So now that he isn't a rookie he will magically be better at running the no huddle?

It's called denial that all of you EJ excuse makers are in

We reached when we took EJ so high in the draft. He's a project and may turn out to be very good, only time will tell. What I saw this year is that he just wasn't ready. There have been some really great QB's that needed time. Steve Young come to mind, he doesn't talk much about his time in Tampa. Lets give the organization the right amount of time to get him ready or determine if he's not the answer. Putting him in the game when he will fail benefits no one. As tough as Orton is to watch at times we're winning more that we're losing.

Edited by Catch it Sammy

Ride the pine, EJ. Ride the pine.

Its a trick play and nothing more. I can't imagine anything more fun than rolling it out for Bill B .Nobody game plans for that .

and hells bells EJ wants a taste before the season ends. smell the blood and sweat . get dirty once or twice just before the off season.

why not.

I agree 100 percent. I think the only way the bills win that game is too do something completely outta the ordinary and catch new England off guard. an example is when Miami introduced the wildcat in 08 and beat them. Maybe not too that extreme but they definitely need to do something creative and new until the pats stop it

And this is the problem with the bills. They draft or trade for a qb and then try to change them. They take a gunslinger and makeover to pocket passer Gee didn't work. They take a runner and same crap. Idea only take someone with the attribute you want. It's like getting married with the idea he/she will change ain't happening.

EJ wasn't a runner.