CJ back for Raiders game!

YoloinOhio

I liked that we lined up a RB out wide a couple times and actually threw it that way once, CJ would be perfect for that sort of mismatch.

Like the Packers did with Randall Cobb-- which created huge match-up issues (i.e., Bradham covering Cobb).

We need to do this with CJ. He should be the hybrid WR/HB--on the field every down.

Like the Packers did with Randall Cobb-- which created huge match-up issues (i.e., Bradham covering Cobb).

We need to do this with CJ. He should be the hybrid WR/HB--on the field every down.

Mike McCarthy vs. Nathaniel Hackett Who do you want to design and call plays for your offense?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I liked that we lined up a RB out wide a couple times and actually threw it that way once, CJ would be perfect for that sort of mismatch.

I liked that, too.

I didn't like the pop fly pass Orton threw to him though. Brown waited five minutes for that thing. As a result, he had no chance to score as the defense had plenty of time to get there. Orton hits him in stride, it's a simple jaunt down the sidelines and into the endzone .

GO BILLS!!!

I liked that, too.

I didn't like the pop fly pass Orton threw to him though. Brown waited five minutes for that thing. As a result, he had no chance to score as the defense had plenty of time to get there. Orton hits him in stride, it's a simple jaunt down the sidelines and into the endzone .

GO BILLS!!!

Can Brown call a fair catch there? :lol:

it was almost a year ago but I remember us running something like that with CJ in NE last year. It worked and I think they caught Spikes in coverage.

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: @CJSPILLER is cleared to return and will be added to the active roster. His readiness for return will be gauged this week.

wouldnt you not add him to the roster until you think hes ready for a normal work load here? save the roster spot as long as you can, until hes sure to be ready to play? or am i misunderstanding the rule?

I liked that, too.

GO BILLS!!!

on the brightside, it worked and made sense this go around. last time we saw that play was 3rd/4th and long with almost no time left and brown covered, right?

Mike McCarthy vs. Nathaniel Hackett Who do you want to design and call plays for your offense?

The hope is that now that Hackett actually witnessed that, he can just copy it. It was so simple. They motioned Cobb into the backfield; if they didn't bring the LB in or were in zone, they handed it off for a 10-yard gain. If we were in man, they shifted Cobb out, he caught a quick pass and blew right by Bradham. Even when we brought Rambo in, Rambo slipped trying to cover Cobb, and Cobb turned it into a 20-yard gain.

wouldnt you not add him to the roster until you think hes ready for a normal work load here? save the roster spot as long as you can, until hes sure to be ready to play? or am i misunderstanding the rule?

No. I think you put him on the 53 roster immediately, and then decide during the week and on Sunday if he is active or not for the game. I want him active even if he only plays a few snaps, so that New England isn't the first time he sees the field.

Certainly can't hurt. Fred is clutch, but lacks big play ability at this point in his career. Boobies two yards and a cloud of dust, and Bryce has had too many fumbling issues to see enough to know what we got. I do think having CJ around could open up the offense some.

Unfortunately, Fred did it all against Green Bay with heart, Strength and moxie......and zero speed. Fred needs to be done in this league as a #1 back. He might be a thrid down back for another season....but he shouldn't be carrying from scrimmage. Very noticeable when you see Boobie and Brown run....they still have NFL speed. (yeh, Boobie does, looks faster than Fred)

Am I the only one who isn't excited to have Spiller back. Is our running game any worse without him? I'd rather just stick with the three we have.

im with you.

Now we will feel like we have to get it into his hands becaise he "has the ability to take it to the house in every play" even though he never actually does. It'll take plays away from good football players.

I liked that, too.

GO BILLS!!!

It actually looked to me like brown could have scored anyway ifhe didn't cut it back to the middle. He had 2 defenders in front of him on the sideline but he had blockers at, or on their way to both but instead on following the blocks he cut it back to the unblocked guy in the middle.

Spiller charged up to return to full practice

Bills RB C.J. Spiller has been participating in practice the last two weeks, but was not fully cleared for contact until Monday. Now able to practice fully Spiller is charged up to be back in the fold with his teammates.

In an appearance on the John Murphy Show Tuesday, Spiller made his excitement to begin the practice week on the field evident. He explained what he’ll be looking to get accomplished this week leading up to the game against the Raiders in Oakland Sunday.

I'm 100% confident this offense will use him effectively and maximize his abilities.

If I was Spiller's agent, I would tell him to not play. He's risking further injury for a garbage OC. He is killing his future value. But the dude is a warrior and I will miss him when he is tearing it up for another team next year.

I think it was the KC game where they just threw swing passes to Bryce brown for ten yards a clip. It would e nice to see a bunch of plays like that designed for spiller.

I'm 100% confident this offense will use him effectively and maximize his abilities.

If I was Spiller's agent, I would tell him to not play. He's risking further injury for a garbage OC. He is killing his future value.

Are those two statements contradictory?????

I think it was the KC game where they just threw swing passes to Bryce brown for ten yards a clip. It would e nice to see a bunch of plays like that designed for spiller.

Are those two statements contradictory?????

It was totally tongue in cheek.

Nate Hackett and his lack of creativity are killing Spiller's next contract. He shouldn't even risk injury.

@mikerodak

Bills clarify C.J. Spiller situation, say that he is not yet on 53-man roster. Bills have until next Wednesday to activate him.

That makes sense. They want to get through today's and tomorrow's practice and see if there are any setbacks, how he feels, if he is healthy enough to go, otherwise they do not activate him. There is no reason to. Then they do it next week if he is ready. You probably have to activate him by next week, four weeks after he came off the list, in order for him to be eligible for the playoffs.