We can re-sign Dareus and Hughes

Jmsbills

As of now Dareus will count approximately 8 million against the cap. Give him a couple million more per season and lock him up long term. We cut Mike Williams and save 6.8 million per season and take no cap hit - no dead money - give that plus a few more million to Hughes. The cap is going up approximately 10 million or more. We can do this and still have room to re-sign CJ. Do not give Orton another dime over his current salary and if he opts out good luck to who ever gives him more than what he is getting here. If he does opt out - there is another 5.5 million is cap space available. A Keith River cut would also save 1.7 million. As of now for 2015 - the dead money against the cap is approximately 1.8 million so we are is great shape with the cap. Let go Bills and re- sign our Guys.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was good with everything except I can't understand for the life of me, why... You would want to resign a RB that has never finished a season without gettin injured, has proven he's not able to handle a full workload, and has only 1 good year out of 5.

You had me until there.

Oh, Grats in your 1st post.

Edited by mrags

I was good with everything except I can't understand for the life of me, why... You would want to resign a RB that has never finished a season without gettin injured, has proven he's not able to handle a full workload, and has only 1 good year out of 5.

You had me until there.

I agree with this

CBF

Don't be surprised if Hughes ends up in Washington. They gave Orakpo a one year $11 M deal that they won't renew. That salary slot can go to a more productive pass rusher such as Hughes. There is no doubt the Bills would love to retain Hughes but Dareus is the priority.

The Hughes trade for Sheppard is one of the best deals the Bills have made in its history. Assuming Whaley was instrumental on that deal accolades should flow to him. His next franchise changing challenge is getting an upgrade at the qb position, both on the short term and long term. Orton is adequate and a good bargain. But a major bump up in salary is not warranted. He is getting a fair-market priced contract for his level of play. I'm not an Orton basher. He replacing EJ salvaged the season and allowed this team to be competitive. But he is what he is: a pedestrian/journneyman qb who is not going to elevate the play of the offense to the point where it is going to allow you to beat the very good teams in the league.

You had me until there.

Players with Spiller's talents do not grow on trees. If his teenage OC chooses to run him up the middle 94.3% of his carries, then to me you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If we don't re-sign him we may have to draft 2 RBs. I'd prefer to draft guards.

Excuse my ignorance but could we tag Hughes? If so what is the cost of tagging a DE?

Projected to be 14.78 mill

I was I the boat that would pony up whatever it costs to resign dareus but would cap out at around 9 mill for Hughes. I'm now on board with giving him 11 if that's what it costs. We NEED to keep these guys together IMO. They are the key to the playoffs. Sucks that we have to re up Wynn and Charles too. Gonna be tough to sign all of them

Projected to be 14.78 mill

I was I the boat that would pony up whatever it costs to resign dareus but would cap out at around 9 mill for Hughes. I'm now on board with giving him 11 if that's what it costs. We NEED to keep these guys together IMO. They are the key to the playoffs. Sucks that we have to re up Wynn and Charles too. Gonna be tough to sign all of them

Yea.... was originally there too. I just think frontload Hughes because there is going to be people coming down the track who we need to pay later.... but pay the man and keep him. Don't pay him $14mil for 1 year though. I have no objection to him getting $14mil next year if he is settling for $9million the two years after that.... but the tag doesn't help us is what I'm saying.

Edited by GunnerBill

Players with Spiller's talents do not grow on trees. If his teenage OC chooses to run him up the middle 94.3% of his carries, then to me you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If we don't re-sign him we may have to draft 2 RBs. I'd prefer to draft guards.

Spillers talents aren't nearly a good as you make them out to be. He gets caught from behind. A LOT!!! Or else he's have more TDs as he does.

And his old "mastermind" coach only got 1 good year out of 3. So that ruins your argument as well.

Anyone can point to my hatred for CJ all they want. But nobody can argue the facts. Even though people really want to.

I was thinking we can offer Hughes a monster contract he cannot turn down that is six years or something and includes a decent signing bonus and 10 million a year or something salary with every intention of cutting him after two years. Give this defense a two year run and see where we are. If we have a serious chance at the Super Bowl bite the bullet and pay him the big salary year three. We need to both keep them together and build for future. In two years Kyle will be getting up there.

Spillers talents aren't nearly a good as you make them out to be. He gets caught from behind. A LOT!!! Or else he's have more TDs as he does.

And his old "mastermind" coach only got 1 good year out of 3. So that ruins your argument as well.

Anyone can point to my hatred for CJ all they want. But nobody can argue the facts. Even though people really want to.

The facts also are that he's tied with Barry Sanders and Gayle Sayers and Adrian Peterson for fourth best yards per carry career average in the history of the NFL.

Excuse my ignorance but could we tag Hughes? If so what is the cost of tagging a DE?

not happening.

projected DE franchise tag for 2015 (Total based on $142M cap) is $14.68 Mil.

hughes is NOT worth that, he's a nice player, but IMO hughes is over rated and not to smart based on the stupid penalties he takes.

if you going to spend that kind of money look at Carolina's Hardy (assuming he is reinstated) guy is a beast like Mario.

dareus is a no brainer, but is already tied up for 2015 at about $8 mil. in 2016 the tag for DT will be about $10 mil. he ain't going anywhere. if he's looking to be the highest paid DT, i'd wait.

not happening.

projected DE franchise tag for 2015 (Total based on $142M cap) is $14.68 Mil.

hughes is NOT worth that, he's a nice player, but IMO hughes is over rated and not to smart based on the stupid penalties he takes.

if you going to spend that kind of money look at Carolina's Hardy (assuming he is reinstated) guy is a beast like Mario.

dareus is a no brainer, but is already tied up for 2015 at about $8 mil. in 2016 the tag for DT will be about $10 mil. he ain't going anywhere. if he's looking to be the highest paid DT, i'd wait.

Pass rushers get paid very well in the NFL and Hughes will be no exception. If the Bills are smart they find a way to hold on to an emerging player that is just entering his prime years. The defense is the foundation of the team with the front seven being the key. Don't mess with the one thing the team can lean on.

Weren't you also advocating the Bills getting rid of Bradham because of a few bad penalties in one game? That would also be a mistake.

doesn't spiller have 2.9 million dollar player option for next season.

I have no idea what hughes will cost 5 for 60 ? 5 for 40 ? I really don't know what is value is for another team

with next year and two tag years they control darius for 3 years at about 36 million

so figure any contract would start with 50 million in guaranteed money It is going to be a whopper but this is the guy you have to keep

Edited by Tintonfallsbillsfan

As of now Dareus will count approximately 8 million against the cap. Give him a couple million more per season and lock him up long term. We cut Mike Williams and save 6.8 million per season and take no cap hit - no dead money - give that plus a few more million to Hughes. The cap is going up approximately 10 million or more. We can do this and still have room to re-sign CJ. Do not give Orton another dime over his current salary and if he opts out good luck to who ever gives him more than what he is getting here. If he does opt out - there is another 5.5 million is cap space available. A Keith River cut would also save 1.7 million. As of now for 2015 - the dead money against the cap is approximately 1.8 million so we are is great shape with the cap. Let go Bills and re- sign our Guys.

My only concern with hughes who I absolutely LOVE is how good would he be if he didn't have 3 of the best d lineman in the league getting double teams. Do i hope re sign him? absolutly, i just hope we don't overpay... maybe a 3 year deal?