We can re-sign Dareus and Hughes

Jmsbills

if your keeping score, which apparently you are, I never said the bills should get rid of bradham.

I said he is a mental midget and you can't win with mental midgets. that's why spikes got cut from new England, they bench or cut mental midgets.

bradham also can't cover a TE and would be best suited to replace spikes (who is a liability in coverage) in the middle next year , with brown and kiko on the outsides who both can cover TE's. bradham has a spot on my roster, but he needs to be coached up or punished for mental mistakes.

players like spikes, bradham and hughes who keep doing mentally dumb and selfish acts hurt the team by extending opponents drives with automatic first downs, which negates some of the good they do.

in that thread, you accused me of starting another "crusade" against bradham for pointing out his weaknesses.....similar to me ragging on a mediocre EJ, who you supported.

with 53 players, we aren't always going to value each player the same.

seeing as this thread is about hughes, I like him, hope the bills sign him for a reasonable deal, but not for franchise tag money. he is a very good one trick pony sacking the QB. he cant cover rb's or te's , is weak against the run and is a mental midget.

I'm not keeping score at all. BTW, you're wrong about Bradham's coverage skills because he has the speed and instincts to cover. He's a good all round linebacker who's known for his range, athleticism, and hard hitting with a game that's on the rise. To compare him to Spikes as a one-dimensional run stopper is way off the mark.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if your keeping score, which apparently you are, I never said the bills should get rid of bradham.

I said he is a mental midget and you can't win with mental midgets. that's why spikes got cut from new England, they bench or cut mental midgets.

bradham also can't cover a TE and would be best suited to replace spikes (who is a liability in coverage) in the middle next year , with brown and kiko on the outsides who both can cover TE's. bradham has a spot on my roster, but he needs to be coached up or punished for mental mistakes.

players like spikes, bradham and hughes who keep doing mentally dumb and selfish acts hurt the team by extending opponents drives with automatic first downs, which negates some of the good they do.

in that thread, you accused me of starting another "crusade" against bradham for pointing out his weaknesses.....similar to me ragging on a mediocre EJ, who you supported.

seeing as this thread is about hughes, I like him, hope the bills sign him for a reasonable deal, but not for franchise tag money. he is a very good one trick pony sacking the QB. he cant cover rb's or te's , is weak against the run and is a mental midget.

Thats not true.

I don't think he is one trick either.

I did tough. Until this year.

I can see you dont care much for self induced penalties. Me neither. drives me nutso. Imagine Marrone's poor hair and scalp? from tearing it out over the Lee Smith most idiotic stuff.

The guy is all motor all day. When he stunts it really wreaks havoc. He has very good lateral speed for a DE and can hold a block even as light as he is. has good vision excellent pursuit. good angles excellent play recognition. and some edge sealing discipline. Recognise passing lane and use them to block the qbs field of vision.

I just dont think he i a a mental midget. Have you seen how he dresses ? Dude is tight

The facts also are that he's tied with Barry Sanders and Gayle Sayers and Adrian Peterson for fourth best yards per carry career average in the history of the NFL.

So based in that he's clearly as good as Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, and Adrian Peterson right?

Come one Kelly. Even you don't believe that crap.

Stats can be read how you want them to read. Facts are facts though.

-in 5 seasons, CJ has never finished a season where he wasn't injured

-with 2 different head coaches and multiple offensive coordinators, CJ has only 1 good season out of 5

Facts. They kill arguments. And based in averages, it's only because he averages less than 10 carries a game. Which brings more truth to my point that he can't carry a full workload. Let's not forget that he's horrible in pass protection.

Someone will overpay for Hughes, imo, and it shouldn't be us. He has a great motor, but he's also the sort of DE that benefits GREATLY from playing with KW, MD, and MW. If he's on a weaker line, he'll be the guy getting attention (instead of Mario and Dareus on our squad), and he's too small to get through a double team. Hopefully we keep him, but I think we'll be fine without, if we can pick up a midlevel all around DE.

I was good with everything except I can't understand for the life of me, why... You would want to resign a RB that has never finished a season without gettin injured, has proven he's not able to handle a full workload, and has only 1 good year out of 5.

You had me until there.

Oh, Grats in your 1st post.

It was probably because 2 years ago before this regime took over & we had a real OC in Gailey that understood how to build a offense around the talent available that particular RB had a 6 YPC average despite being nicked & he had a 1200 yd season ...

YA THINK THAT COULD BE IT ??

This OC has no experience & can't understand the best way to use the talent he has thats why M. Williams is on the bench when we have red zone problems & CJ wasn't productive .

It very unlikely to keep 4 DLs in big contracts

Didnt Pears get signed to a decent contract when Gailey was here? That should free up some cap space

The scenario is up to the players, would Hughes take less money to be a part of one of the best DLs in football? Will Mario be willing to renegotiate his contract to keep the group together. Both rare instances and highly unlikely. It most likely will be the same situation that we had with Byrd, Poz, and Levitre. All good players but left in the search of big money. Hughes would be nice to keep but he is not worth a huge contract. We have up and coming LBs and Cordy who are more important to keep.

Something to consider and i hate to say it is dumping Kyle Williams. He is getting up there in years and our rotational guys have fared well with the time they have seen. Not sure if keeping his leadership would be better than keeping a younger core up front. IMO we are still years off and a quarterback missing of being real contenders, it would be better to have the others for about 3 years or more while Kyle will be gone.

Edited by BILLriant

It very unlikely to keep 4 DLs in big contracts

Didnt Pears get signed to a decent contract when Gailey was here? That should free up some cap space

The scenario is up to the players, would Hughes take less money to be a part of one of the best DLs in football? Will Mario be willing to renegotiate his contract to keep the group together. Both rare instances and highly unlikely. It most likely will be the same situation that we had with Byrd, Poz, and Levitre. All good players but left in the search of big money. Hughes would be nice to keep but he is not worth a huge contract. We have up and coming LBs and Cordy who are more important to keep.

Given the choice of Hughes, Cordy or Bradham I definitely choose Hughes. Pass rushers are at a premium. 4-3 OLB's not so much. LT's are like pass rushers.....but Cordy Glenn has not impressed this year. The Bills OL in general is embassingly unathletic compared to the decent OL's around the league and Cordy's offseason illness seems to have affected his play deep into this season.

So based in that he's clearly as good as Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, and Adrian Peterson right?

Come one Kelly. Even you don't believe that crap.

Stats can be read how you want them to read. Facts are facts though.

-in 5 seasons, CJ has never finished a season where he wasn't injured

-with 2 different head coaches and multiple offensive coordinators, CJ has only 1 good season out of 5

Facts. They kill arguments. And based in averages, it's only because he averages less than 10 carries a game. Which brings more truth to my point that he can't carry a full workload. Let's not forget that he's horrible in pass protection.

I would agree with that if there were other outliers in those stats but there really isn't. Anyone that has 5.0 career average was a very, very good runner. Your stance is apparently that every single guy that averaged 5 yards a carry is great except one who sucks. I guess that sounds reasonable.

I don't and didn't equate those guys and don't think he is as good as them of course

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Given the choice of Hughes, Cordy or Bradham I definitely choose Hughes. Pass rushers are at a premium. 4-3 OLB's not so much. LT's are like pass rushers.....but Cordy Glenn has not impressed this year. The Bills OL in general is embassingly unathletic compared to the decent OL's around the league and Cordy's offseason illness seems to have affected his play deep into this season.

Cordy Glenn is not having the season that he had last year. It may be due to what you suggested the affects associated with his offseason illness. (By the way what was the nature of his illness?) Our OL has struggled this year. What we do know about Glenn from last year is that he is capable of being a very solid LT. If for reason his lack of speed work and quickness work against him he could still be moved inside and play guard.

The Bills staff decided to go big and bulky with their OL. Their collective sluggish foot speed is evident by their inability to handle quick linemen. I get the sense that the OL philosophy is directly attributed to Marrone. His approach to the OL is not working.

I've stated on a number of other posts that I believe that Hughes is going to end up in Washington with a very large contract. Orakpo will be let go and his large contract slot will be directed to the more dynamic pass rusher. I don't see how the Bills will be able to keep him with Dareus garnering a very gargantuan contract.

You can't win with mental midgets? Seriously. That's THE worst post of the year. THE worst. A blatant fallacy/lie

I would agree with that if there were other outliers in those stats but there really isn't. Anyone that has 5.0 career average was a very, very good runner. Your stance is apparently that every single guy that averaged 5 yards a carry is great except one who sucks. I guess that sounds reasonable.

I don't and didn't equate those guys and don't think he is as good as them of course

His career ain't over yet.

As of now Dareus will count approximately 8 million against the cap. Give him a couple million more per season and lock him up long term. We cut Mike Williams and save 6.8 million per season and take no cap hit - no dead money - give that plus a few more million to Hughes. The cap is going up approximately 10 million or more. We can do this and still have room to re-sign CJ. Do not give Orton another dime over his current salary and if he opts out good luck to who ever gives him more than what he is getting here. If he does opt out - there is another 5.5 million is cap space available. A Keith River cut would also save 1.7 million. As of now for 2015 - the dead money against the cap is approximately 1.8 million so we are is great shape with the cap. Let go Bills and re- sign our Guys.

sounds good but CJ is gone.

It was probably because 2 years ago before this regime took over & we had a real OC in Gailey that understood how to build a offense around the talent available that particular RB had a 6 YPC average despite being nicked & he had a 1200 yd season ...

YA THINK THAT COULD BE IT ??

This OC has no experience & can't understand the best way to use the talent he has thats why M. Williams is on the bench when we have red zone problems & CJ wasn't productive .

you mean the same Coach that couldn't get more than 800 yards and 4 Touchdowns in the 2 seasons put together prior to that one lucky season?

Mike Williams is on the bench becaise Marrone has some personal issue with him.

And your delusional if you really think Chan was any good.

CJ isn't on this lost anywhere. Probably because he cannot be counted on in a full time back situation.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_per_att_active.htm