Official Pre-Game Thread: Week 12, Jets at Bills

Dan

Week 12: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills

Monday, November 24, 2014 at 7:00pm (at Ford Field, Detroit)

TV Network: CBS (TV Map)

Announcers: Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots and Steve Tasker

DirecTV: 706

Bills Radio:

On the call: John Murphy (play by play), Mark Kelso (analyst), Sal Capaccio (sideline)

Flagship: Buffalo – WGR550 (550AM); Toronto - 590 The Fan

Rochester - WCMF (96.5) and WROC (950AM); Syracuse - WKRL (100.9/WKLL 94.9)

Sirius/XM: 102 (Internet 803)

=================================================================

Game Preview:

Before attempting to dig their playoff hopes out of a deep hole, the Buffalo Bills will first need to dig themselves out of snow-covered Buffalo.

The New York Jets have been digging for answers all season.

After more than five feet of snow blanketed Buffalo and buried Ralph Wilson Stadium, the Bills will travel to Detroit to play their "home" game against the Jets on Monday night.

Buffalo has won three of the past four meetings with New York, and Orton tossed four TDs -- including a 61-yarder to Sammy Watkins -- in a 43-23 road victory in Week 8.

Read more at ESPN game preview...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler Alert: Week 12 

JetNation Preview

NFL.com Preview: Jets at Bills

NFL.com Game Center

Team Stats:      Bills         Jets

Total Yds/Game.... 321.6         319.4

Total Rush.............  95.6          140.9

Total Pass............. 226.0         178.5

Points/Game..........  20.0           17.4

Time of Poss..........  29.2           30.5

----------------------------------------------

Yds/Gm Allowed... 321.6         323.7

Rush Yards...........  99.0           83.2

Pass Yards........... 222.6         240.5

Points Allowed........ 20.4           26.5

Source: NFL.com

Overall Offense: Bills - 25th; Jets - 26th

Overall Defense: Bills -  6th; Jets -  7th

MatchUp Comparison via SportingCharts.com

Injury Report:

Buffalo Bills

NAME            POSITION    INJURY         WED.   THU.   FRI.    GAME STATUS        

Brooks, Ron             CB          Groin          LP          LP          LP          Questionable

Carpenter, Dan          K          Right Groin     LP          FP          FP          Probable

Goodwin, Marquise    WR          Ankle          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Hogan, Chris            WR          Hip          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Jackson, Fred           RB          Groin          LP          LP          LP          Questionable

Lawson, Manny           DE          Ankle          LP          FP          FP          Probable

Orton, Kyle            QB          Toe          LP          FP          FP          Probable

Summers, Frank          FB          Neck          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Urbik, Kraig           G          Shoulder       LP          FP          FP          Probable

Watkins, Sammy          WR          Groin          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Wynn, Jarius           DE          Knee          DNP          DNP          DNP          Out

Source: BuffaloBills.com

New York Jets

NAME            POSITION    INJURY         WED.   THU.   FRI.    GAME STATUS        

Aboushi, Oday           OL          Shoulder          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Barnes, Antwan          LB          Knee          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Colon, Willie           G          Knee          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Graham, T.J.            WR          Neck          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Harris, David           LB          Shoulder          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Ivory, Chris            RB          Shoulder          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Jarrett, Jaiquawn       S          Calf          LP          FP          FP          Probable

Johnson, Chris          RB          Knee          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Mangold, Nick           C          Shoulder          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Reilly, Trevor          OLB          Knee          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Salas, Greg             WR          Wrist          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Smith, Geno             QB          Rt. Shoulder          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Walls, Darrin           CB          Calf          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Source: NewYorkJets.com   

Practice Status                                                                                         Game Status

DNP = Did Not Participate in Practice                                                      Out = Player will not play

LP = Limited Participation - Less than 100% of normal reps                    Doubtful = 25% chance a player will play

FP = Full Participation - 100% of a player's normal repetitions                Questionable = 50% chance a player will play

Out = Player will not play                                                                          Probable = 75% chance a player will play

(-) = Not Listed = No practice status available                                          (-) = Not Listed - No game status available

The Odds:

Line: Bills -2.5

Over/Under: 41.5

Source: The LineMakers

Up to date lines... if you're in Vegas. 

My Thoughts on the Game:

As if the season couldn’t seem to be going much worse, now mother nature steals a home game from us.  I hope all my friends and family in Buffalo are doing well!

Regarding the game.. well, we get two bad teams facing each other in a neutral site.  This has all the makings of a dog of a game.  The Bills think they’re still fighting for a playoff spot, while the Jets are just trying to hang on to some dignity.  

What I expect:

1. The Defense will come out strong and play a good solid game.

2. The Offense will look listless and predictably conservative at all the wrong times.

3. The team that makes the least mistakes will win. Yay.

Go Bills!

CONTAIN Michael Vick!!! Don't let him continue drives using his legs vs his arm.

Hope Eric Wood and Co. can provide enough protection to let Orton throw against Jets secondary.

Run, stop the run, avoid penalties, don't turn the ball over, game won in the trenches.....did I miss any?

The team that scores the most points will win.

Go Bills!

Or could it be the team that prevents the other from scoring more will win?

PeterEaster.jpg

Pretty much sums up our offense philosophy.

Great game day thread Dan!

CBF

Thanks. I wonder sometimes if I should keep compiling the information into a pre-game thread, with 26CB's excellent game preparation thread already in existence. Nice to know some find it a worthwhile endeavor.

An ESPN channels broadcasting the game?

Only if Pegula obtains a special league exemption; there is a conflict with Bandits broadcasting rights and Penn State is considered to be just on the outskirts of the Detroit market.

Jets at Bills (in Detroit)

Referee: Pete Morelli (135)

Umpire: Darrell Jenkins (76)

Head Linesman: Dana McKenzie (8)

Line Judge: Carl Johnson (101)

Field Judge: Buddy Horton (82)

Side Judge: Rob Vernatchi (75)

Back Judge: Dale Shaw (104)

Who is reffing tonight?

CBF

this isn't officially MNF, i don't think the game day threads should say that. until we really get a MNF game i don't want to cheapen it with this fake one which just happens to be a game on Monday night. hopefully we give them a show tonight and then maybe next season they will think we are worthy of a real MNF game

this isn't officially MNF, i don't think the game day threads should say that. until we really get a MNF game i don't want to cheapen it with this fake one which just happens to be a game on Monday night. hopefully we give them a show tonight and then maybe next season they will think we are worthy of a real MNF game

MNF games are usually crappy matchups anyway. The real primetime games of note are now on SNF with NBC. As for tonight, it is what it is.

This may be a stupid question but will the field in Detroit still have the Lions logo or would they change it to the Bills for this week?

CBF

@BuffRumblings

Steve Tasker says he can't get to his house so he's working the sideline for tomorrow night's #Bills game.

@john_kucko

All about teamwork in @nfl. Crew at Ford Field doing amazing job for @buffalobills @NFLonCBS #Bills

B3JlSa0IYAAjd1-.jpg

@thadbrown7

Pat on back to #Lions field artist Paul Kurdi. Great job on #Bills logo

B3JlL3MCcAANoVB.jpg

@john_kucko

The job is completed! #Bills @BuffRumblings @PegulaSE

B3Jn8mPIEAE8erc.jpg

Just got a text from a friend who said he heard ESPN is showing the game. Can anyone confirm this?

Just got a text from a friend who said he heard ESPN is showing the game. Can anyone confirm this?

why yes a 5 second google search said they are broadcasting it on the radio 98.7 in NYC. Also online radio broadcast only.

What sponsors would pay to nationally broadcast this battle of medicority?

why yes a 5 second google search said they are broadcasting it on the radio 98.7 in NYC. Also online radio broadcast only.

What sponsors would pay to nationally broadcast this battle of medicority?

Hey now ... the Bills have earned the right to be called mediocre. The Jets have not! Lets not overstate things!;)

The game is being played on Monday night, due to the weather this past week. Hence, it kinda is appropriate to call it a monday night game. What is really bad is that it took an act of God to get the Bills to "host" a Monday Night game again!

Jeff Russo@JeffRussoWKBW 6m6 minutes ago

Game Day production here will involve all of the #Bills graphics from RWS.. And the Shout song.. Red zone production pending

Funny. Hopefully there will be many occasions to play that shout song tonight.

I'll give the Lions and NFL credit...they certainly are going out of their way to try and make the Bills feel at home.

so will any bars have the game on? since it's being blacked out all sorts of places, what is the chance the game will be available somewhere besides at dhe?

Bars that subscribe to Sunday Ticket commercially can't show it?

Will they have the MNF game on and our game or just the MNF? Ravens/Chargers is a decently attractive game. More then Jets/Bills.

If it's a sports bar then I think they'd want to show both. Besides, they can show the entire 1st half of Bills/Jets before Ravens/Saints even starts.