Tom Cable for HC

#34fan

Have you watched any of their games this year?

No need to answer.

We couldn't "develop" Lynch? Man, you are way off.

How is he way off with the Lynch statement? Many on this board thought Lynch was a bust! The "great, offensive minded" Chan Gailey thought giving Lynch the ball a mere 12 touches a game was enough to invoke BEAST MODE. I'm not an advocate of Tom Cable for HC, but man did we whiff on Marshawn.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Ok, -don't everyone jump on board at once. -Lets take a minute and think this thing through...

He's done an EXCELLENT job as an O-line coach for Seattle... If it's one area we DESPERATELY need help it's the o-line... Both coaching and recruiting...

But wait... Tom Cable SUCKED as Raiders HC didn't he?

Hm..Sorta, but not really.. In his final year as HC he swept a Charger team that went 13-3 the year before.. Under his watch, the Raiders rushing attack ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in 2007 (sixth) and 2008 (10th) behind his offensive lines.

Unlike Doug Marrone, This is a guy with legitimate offensive credentials... if he'd take the job, I'd give it to him.

maybe Schwartz will hire him to OC

Sure. We should also trade for Blake Bortles since he is well on his way to being something special.

Sounds like a plan, think they will take EJ

If Cable were to come over it would have to be as OC, nothing more, nothing less. I hope we can do better. Let's see how this season finishes before we run Marrone out of town. Right now I would rather just get a new OC that could bring in his own staff including OL & QB coaches.

How is he way off with the Lynch statement? Many on this board thought Lynch was a bust! The "great, offensive minded" Chan Gailey thought giving Lynch the ball a mere 12 touches a game was enough to invoke BEAST MODE. I'm not an advocate of Tom Cable for HC, but man did we whiff on Marshawn.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, we got rid of Lynch because he was an idiot off the field.

One more strike, and he would have been suspended for a year. Could the Bills really have afforded to take that chance?

I swear, a lot of people on this board refuse to acknowledge that fact.

Yes. Just ask the OP.

Yah. Ask, and I'll tell you that some idiot is misquoting me.

Bortles threw for 223, and two TD's in his debut start. A promising performance for a rookie. -The following week the Jags played the Bolts in SD. I made the statement that if Bortles could put together a win in SD, he could be "well on his way to being something special".

Well, the Jags lost.

But that doesn't mean Bortles can't be special...

Just like the fact that Cable couldn't survive Al Davis's weirdness doesn't mean he's a bad coach... Or can't have success elsewhere...

Sure... #34fan is way off. -But way off can also mean way AHEAD. And I've actually gotten used to it. Tons of fools fought me on the board about Fitz and Chan being worthless. -I won that argument. A few knuckleheads told me that Russell Wilson was too short to play the position...LOL!.....Folks fought me on taking a QB in the '13 draft... -I didn't want one. I suggested that we go defense with the first pick. I also stated that if we did take one, EJ Manuel would be the best option. (I wasn't too crazy about Geno.)

Oh, and since LAST season, I've been telling everyone here that Nate Hackett was trash. It's a pattern. When i suggested we get Tim Wright from Tampa, people booed. And Frank Reich just couldn't be our OC, because he was just a lowly QB coach LOL!

Sooner or later all the prissy little cats will have to face your own bad judgment. Not only do I believe Tom Cable would make an excellent HC... I think the emotion he brings to the game is just what an organization like ours needs... I like his offensive lines... The Hawks losing center Max Unger was huge. Having a rookie RT doesn't make things any easier. I believe this unit will get stronger as the postseason draws closer... Cable's zone-blocking scheme has produced results in the form of a superbowl ring.

What have we gotten from Marrone's offensive expertise?

Edited by #34fan

Am I the only one that watches Seattle's OL and thinks they're horrendous (again)?

Russell Wilson is one of the most mobile QBs in the game, and he got absolutely destroyed yesterday...sacked 7 times in 29 dropbacks!

It's no different than last year--that OL is a disaster.

Let's also not forget that one of the big reasons that Seattle leads the NFL in rushing yards is because Wilson is an incredible scrambler...he's got 644 rushing yards this season! I mean, it's not hard to inflate the rushing numbers when your QB is out-gaining all but 13 NFL RBs on the ground.

No thanks to Cable.

Ok, Ok, -don't everyone jump on board at once. -Lets take a minute and think this thing through...

He's done an EXCELLENT job as an O-line coach for Seattle... If it's one area we DESPERATELY need help it's the o-line... Both coaching and recruiting...

Hm..Sorta, but not really.. In his final year as HC he swept a Charger team that went 13-3 the year before.. Under his watch, the Raiders rushing attack ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in 2007 (sixth) and 2008 (10th) behind his offensive lines.

Unlike Doug Marrone, This is a guy with legitimate offensive credentials... if he'd take the job, I'd give it to him.

No thank you!

Wrong.

Lynch averaged over 21 carries per game his first year and over 16 his second. Each year he rushed for over 1000 yards.

I would only take Cable if he was bringing Wilson with him to mask how awful his O-line is.

Wrong.

Lynch averaged over 21 carries per game his first year and over 16 his second. Each year he rushed for over 1000 yards.

I would only take Cable if he was bringing Wilson with him to mask how awful his O-line is.

The Beast was also rookie of the year for the Bills.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, we got rid of Lynch because he was an idiot off the field.

One more strike, and he would have been suspended for a year. Could the Bills really have afforded to take that chance?

Yes we could have. One team (the Bills) was afraid and one team wasnt(the Seahawks). One team hasnt been to the playoffs in 15 years and one is the defending superbowl champion. Lynch as been all pro in Seattle, probably has been top 3 in the NFL in rushing yards for the years he has been in Seattle. Lynch has a pending DUi after the season, I doubt he's looking at being suspended for a year. The Bills got Hairston and Tank Carder for a top 3 rb. The Bills were chickensh*t. Just another example of not being able to evaluate talent.

Fine go ahead with the conventional defend anything the Bills do. LIke Buddy Nix is a "football man". Never quite understood what it meant but some people ate that BS up.

Wrong.

The point is we didn't get anywhere near the type of production out of Lynch that Seattle got. He has blossomed as an athlete in their zone blocking system. My money is on that offensive unit getting stronger.

Lol. Yeah, let's just hire a wife-beater like Cable as head coach in this current NFL environment. I'm sure that will go over well.

Wife and coach beater. How this guy stayed out of jail is a testament to the Raiders closing ranks. He broke his assistant coach's jaw, for crying out loud. Lemme guess, you want Incognito too, and Ray Rice after the Ravens waive him.

Head coach of the Jets, maybe.

Cable is a good coach. His Oakland team any 6-0 in their division a few years back. I don't care who you are that is extremely TOUGH.

An that was with the RAIDERS of all teams. No talent whatsoever.

He would be a legit candidate for OC if we can hackett.