Tom Cable for HC

#34fan

The point is we didn't get anywhere near the type of production out of Lynch that Seattle got. He has blossomed as an athlete in their zone blocking system. My money is on that offensive unit getting stronger.

i get your point, but we have a veteran line coach who can coach any blocking schemes out there.

Cable's an Alex Gibbs disciple and a ZBS zealot, so as HC, he'd insist on focusing the O on a zone blocking running game - complete with the proper personnel to execute it. now you're talking a commitment by the GM to bring in the 'right' linemen and RB. you see how this whole thing escalates with a Cable hire? and for what? to angle block?

Marrone must have convinced Buddy and Whaley he could get production out of whoever they lined up for him - similar to Rex in NY, when they took Revis away. If Marrone recognizes that he has a lot more pigs ears than silk purses, we'll improve the talent level for coach Morris to work with

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this before and I'll say it again, we got rid of Lynch because he was an idiot off the field.

One more strike, and he would have been suspended for a year. Could the Bills really have afforded to take that chance?

I swear, a lot of people on this board refuse to acknowledge that fact.

Dude has the best lawyers money can buy. Got his DUI postponed for 2 years so the witnesses got fuzzy, now his assault charge is being delayed. Sooner or later, Beast Mode is getting 8-16 games, it's just a matter of time.

Wrong.

Lynch averaged over 21 carries per game his first year and over 16 his second. Each year he rushed for over 1000 yards.

How dare you quote facts.

Despite all the coach-punching, and wife-beating you guys dredge up, someone was willing to take a chance on Tom Cable. Like it or not, that chance paid dividends in the form of a championship ring. -Nobody's perfect. Not even you self-righteous, hypocritical, frauds... I've hit a guy or two in my time. Not proud of it, but it made sense at the time... I'm satisfied I had the guts to do what I felt was necessary. -Even though it turned out to be the wrong thing. The best at anything walk the line... That suprbowl ring cost Gregg Williams... Pete Caroll needed happy athletes at USC... Bill Bellichick has been handy with a camera for YEARS... Meet the price of success sometimes people. The simple fact is you can't use a "good guy' in every situation.

But hey, keep holding out for the choir-boys. -Fourteen years and counting, people.

Despite all the coach-punching, and wife-beating you guys dredge up, someone was willing to take a chance on Tom Cable. Like it or not, that chance paid dividends in the form of a championship ring. -Nobody's perfect. Not even you self-righteous, hypocritical, frauds... I've hit a guy or two in my time. Not proud of it, but it made sense at the time... I'm satisfied I had the guts to do what I felt was necessary. -Even though it turned out to be the wrong thing. The best at anything walk the line... That suprbowl ring cost Gregg Williams... Pete Caroll needed happy athletes at USC... Bill Bellichick has been handy with a camera for YEARS... Meet the price of success sometimes people. The simple fact is you can't use a "good guy' in every situation.

But hey, keep holding out for the choir-boys. -Fourteen years and counting, people.