Global warming err Climate change HOAX

On 11/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, DC Tom said:

Alternate theory: Bloomberg, instead of pushing veganism, made the editorial decision to give PETA a platform to show the world how batshit crazy they are.

And my diet is plant-based: I eat nothing that doesn't eat plants.

I am a second hand vegan.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

And there we go.  The Stupidest Thing I'll Read All Day.

That's just because you are ignorant. You can't understand intelligent thoughts. Tell us again, oh ignorant one, how Lee freed more slaves than Lincoln. You are a dumb ass 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

That's just because you are ignorant. You can't understand intelligent thoughts. Tell us again, oh ignorant one, how Lee freed more slaves than Lincoln. You are a dumb ass 

Lee had slaves and Lincoln didn't. Of course he could free more.

The judge, Brian Morris of the U.S. District Court in Montana, said theState Department ignored crucial issues of climate change in order to further the president’s goal of letting the pipeline be built. In doing so, the administration ran afoul of the Administrative Procedure Act, which requires “reasoned” explanations for government decisions, particularly when they represent reversals of well-studied actions.

It was a major defeat for Trump, who attacked the Obama administration for stopping the project in the face of protests and an environmental impact study. Trump signed an executive order two days into his presidency setting in motion a course reversal on the Keystone XL pipeline, as well as another major pipeline, Dakota Access.

The ruling highlights a broader legal vulnerability in the Trump administration’s push to roll back Obama-era environmental protections. Since Trump took office, federal courts have found repeatedly that his agencies have short-circuited the regulatory process in areas ranging from water protections to chemical plant safety operations. Robust environmental and administrative procedure laws, many dating back to the 1970s, have given the administration’s opponents plenty of legal ammunition.

Suck it 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/09/keystone-xl-pipeline-blocked-by-federal-judge-major-blow-trump-administration/?utm_term=.1c7e240dbe7f

WHY WON’T LIBERALS LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE ON CLIMATE?

This is a theme that Steve and I have recurred to many times on this site. Today it is voiced by Freeman Dyson, one of the world’s most eminent scientists. Dyson, a theoretical physicist and professor emeritus of Mathematical Physics and Astrophysics at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, is famous among other things for unifying the three versions of quantum electrodynamics. He has been a harsh critic of the slovenly science practiced by climate alarmists.

Dyson wrote a foreword to a report on the benefits of carbon dioxide by Indur Goklany which is quoted at length in the Science and Environmental Policy Project’s The Week That Was. Here are some excerpts:

To any unprejudiced person reading [Goklany’s] account, the facts should be obvious: that the non-climatic effects of carbon dioxide as a sustainer of wildlife and crop plants are enormously beneficial, that the possibly harmful climatic effects of carbon dioxide have been greatly exaggerated, and that the benefits clearly outweigh the possible damage.

I consider myself an unprejudiced person and to me these facts are obvious. But the same facts are not obvious to the majority of scientists and politicians who consider carbon dioxide to be evil and dangerous. The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence. Those of my scientific colleagues who believe the prevailing dogma about carbon dioxide will not find Goklany’s evidence convincing. I hope that a few of them will make the effort to examine the evidence in detail and see how it contradicts the prevailing dogma, but I know that the majority will remain blind. That is to me the central mystery of climate science. It is not a scientific mystery but a human mystery. How does it happen that a whole generation of scientific experts is blind to obvious facts? In this foreword I offer a tentative solution of the mystery.

MORE AT THE LINK:

"Scientists behind a major study that claimed the Earth's oceans are warming faster than previously thought now say their work contained inadvertent errors..."

"... that made their conclusions seem more certain than they actually are. Two weeks after the high-profile study was published in the journal Nature, its authors have submitted corrections to the publication. The Scripps Institution of Oceanography, home to several of the researchers involved, also noted the problems in the scientists' work and corrected a news release on its website, which previously had asserted that the study detailed how the Earth’s oceans 'have absorbed 60 percent more heat than previously thought.'... The central conclusion of the study... is in line with other studies that have drawn similar conclusions...."

WaPo reports. 

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

"Scientists behind a major study that claimed the Earth's oceans are warming faster than previously thought now say their work contained inadvertent errors..."

"... that made their conclusions seem more certain than they actually are. Two weeks after the high-profile study was published in the journal Nature, its authors have submitted corrections to the publication. The Scripps Institution of Oceanography, home to several of the researchers involved, also noted the problems in the scientists' work and corrected a news release on its website, which previously had asserted that the study detailed how the Earth’s oceans 'have absorbed 60 percent more heat than previously thought.'... The central conclusion of the study... is in line with other studies that have drawn similar conclusions...."

WaPo reports. 

Don't harsh The Narrative

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Save the oxygen, Katy!

I prefer to think of it as her own way of producing CO2, thereby helping to promote the greening of the Earth, which will generate more oxygen for the rest of us. It's like her words are akin to fertilizer, but for the atmosphere.

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not your fault, Katy.

It's us. We confused. And angry. And racist. And we have mommy issues.

If it weren't for that, we wouldn't have global warming cooling climate change.

And that's not me talking. That's Obama.org. And I think we all know there is no greater authority on confusion, anger, racism and mommy issues than Obama.org.

The federal government on Friday released a long-awaited report with an unmistakable message: The impacts of climate change, from deadly wildfires to increasingly debilitating hurricanes and heat waves, are already battering the United States, and the danger of more such catastrophes is worsening.

The report’s authors, who represent numerous federal agencies, say they are more certain than ever that climate change poses a severe threat to Americans' health and pocketbooks, as well as to the country’s infrastructure and natural resources. And while it avoids policy recommendations, the report’s sense of urgency and alarm stand in stark contrast to the lack of any apparent plan from President Trump to tackle the problems which, according to the government he runs, are increasingly dire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/energy-environment/2018/11/23/major-trump-administration-climate-report-says-damages-are-intensifying-across-country/?utm_term=.5793b4da3e70

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

when they start to tell you about it, you can be sure that it has been in practice for awhile already...

chemtrails-switzerland1-672x336.thumb.jpg.8a3d7d81d7a98415826ec546dc8f3d8a.jpg

True story. I clicked on that because a black cylinder on the left image.  Blew it up and realized it was dirt on the phone.  ??‍♂️

Guess that means no deep State. Greggys gonna be pissed.

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

True story. I clicked on that because a black cylinder on the left image.  Blew it up and realized it was dirt on the phone.  ??‍♂️

Guess that means no deep State. Greggys gonna be pissed.

? not sure what dirt on your phone has to do with the deep state, but.. okay.

“Guys the commies aren’t listening to our dumb Paris thing. So what now?” “Anyone here ever see Superman 4?”

Well controlling China or India’s climate warming output is futile so I guess we’ll just take on THE ***** SUN.