Official Pre-Game Thread: Week 11, Bills at Dolphins

Dan

Week 11: Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins

Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 8:25pm

TV Network: NFL Network (TV Map)

Announcers: Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, and Tracy Wolfson

DirecTV: 212

Bills Radio:

On the call: John Murphy (play by play), Mark Kelso (analyst), Sal Capaccio (sideline)

Flagship: Buffalo – WGR550 (550AM); Toronto - 590 The Fan

Rochester - WCMF (96.5) and WROC (950AM); Syracuse - WKRL (100.9/WKLL 94.9)

Sirius/XM: 93 (Internet 803)

=================================================================

Game Preview:

The Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins realize they have little room for error in their quest to reach the postseason.

With both looking to bounce back from frustrating defeats, the visiting Bills try for a fourth straight victory over the Dolphins on Thursday night.

Buffalo and Miami are both 5-4 and tied for second in the AFC East, two games behind New England. However, nine of the 11 AFC teams with winning records are ahead of the Bills and Dolphins.

Read more at ESPN game preview...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bills at Dolphins NFL.com Preview 

Bills Focus: Dolphins-Bills Preview

Bills Vs. Dolphins NFL Week 11 Odds, Predictions

NFL.com Game Center

Team Stats:      Bills         Dolphins

Total Yds/Game.... 331.0         350.4

Total Rush............. 100.2          127.6

Total Pass............. 230.8         222.9

Points/Game..........  21.2           25.2

Time of Poss..........  29.4           30.1

----------------------------------------------

Yds/Gm Allowed... 320.7         309.8

Rush Yards...........  96.1          99.0

Pass Yards........... 224.6         210.8

Points Allowed........ 20.2           19.0

Source: NFL.com

Overall Offense: Bills - 23rd; Dolphins - 14th

Overall Defense: Bills -  6th; Dolphins -  4th

MatchUp Comparison via SportingCharts.com

Injury Report:

Buffalo Bills 24, 10, 12,

NAME            POSITION    INJURY         WED.   THU.   FRI.    GAME STATUS        

Brooks, Ron             CB          Groin          LP          LP          LP          Questionable

Easley, Marcus         WR          Knee          LP          LP          LP          Questionable

Goodwin, Marquise    WR          Ribs          LP          LP          LP          Questionable

Jackson, Fred           RB          Groin          LP          LP          LP          Questionable

Watkins, Sammy         WR          Groin          FP          FP          FP          Probable

Wynn, Jarius          DE          Knee         DNP          DNP          DNP          Out

Source: BuffaloBills.com

Miami Dolphins

NAME            POSITION    INJURY         WED.   THU.   FRI.    GAME STATUS        

Clay, Charles          TE          Knee          LP          -          -          -

Colledge, Daryn          G          Back          FP          -          -          -

McCain, Chris          LB          Foot          FP          -          -          -

Miller, Lamar          RB          Shoulder          LP          -          -          -

Misi, Koa          LB          Ankle          LP          -          -          -

Pouncey, Mike          C          Hip          LP          -          -          -

Sims, Dion          TE          Toe          DNP          -          -          -

Wilson, Jimmy          S          Hamstring          LP          -          -          -

Source: MiamiDolphins.com   

Practice Status                                                                                         Game Status

DNP = Did Not Participate in Practice                                                      Out = Player will not play

LP = Limited Participation - Less than 100% of normal reps                    Doubtful = 25% chance a player will play

FP = Full Participation - 100% of a player's normal repetitions                Questionable = 50% chance a player will play

Out = Player will not play                                                                          Probable = 75% chance a player will play

(-) = Not Listed = No practice status available                                          (-) = Not Listed - No game status available

The Odds:

Line: Dolphons -5.5

Over/Under: 42

Source: The LineMakers

Up to date lines... if you're in Vegas. 

My Thoughts on the Game: 

We finally get to our prime time game, and I’m looking for one thing and one thing only.

Can we score once we get into the red zone?  When it’s all said and done, there’s only one stat that matters.. score more than your opponent.  And our offense has been pretty pathetic at putting the ball in the end zone, especially the closer we get.  So, does it really matter who wins their match ups all over the field?  Does it really matter if the refs screw us?  Does it really matter if Marrone sleeps at home?  Nope.  They just need to score with some level of competency, ideally more than their opponent.

Go Bills!!

I'm more nervous than usual. Not only is this a "must win" (as much as I hate that phrase because I considered the Pats and Texans games must wins as well)...but it's a nationally televised game which means our mistakes will be magnified by 1000. I would love to see a complete bloodbath win of 64-10 but that **** never happens.

Time for another Bills Vs Fish.

I agree with others that this game may reveal the character of this team vs other Bills teams. We need a big win after that crushing loss last week. I think we get it!

And on a side note. I just put two 9lb pork butts on the smoker. Twelve to 13 hours from now, (ok, maybe longer) i will be stuffing my face with Pulled Pork .....Yum!

I agree about the D. I expect they'll show up ans play tough. They always seem to; plus its prime time, I'm sure they're going to be ready to impress the nation.

The offense, on the other hand, who knows.

But, that's how every game is looking to me. We have an excellent Defense that's more than doing it's part and an offense that's woefully lacking. It's almost as if we get lucky on a few plays here and there... no consistency, no identity, no ability to control a game in any fashion.

I would really like to end the evening knowing the Bills are right in the thick of a playoff race and we still have a chance of seeing meaningful December football. Get it done, boys.

thats my feeling on this game. I want the team to come out and keep the gas pedal to the floor for all four quarters.

If the Dolphins can put together a solid quick-release offensive gameplan, then they have a good shot. If Lazor is planning on allowing Tannehill to make 5 and 7 step drops all game, then we have absolutely no chance.

I don't think the Bills O will get much going without Spiller and Jackson, I have to assume the run game will be all but absent. 6 in the box should be able to counter the run, which will allow for extra coverage on Watkins and extra help for Jamar Taylor opposite Grimes.

Should be a good battle, especially in the trenches.

Edited by finfanfromrochester

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 7m7 minutes ago

Marcell Dareus leads all defensive tackles in Success Counts this season (38)

B2V03G5CQAAnOHP.jpg

If the Dolphins can put together a solid quick-release offensive gameplan, then they have a good shot. If Lazor is planning on allowing Tannehill to make 5 and 7 step drops all game, then we have absolutely no chance.

I don't think the Bills O will get much going without Spiller and Jackson, I have to assume the run game will be all but absent. 6 in the box should be able to counter the run, which will allow for extra coverage on Watkins and extra help for Jamar Taylor opposite Grimes.

Should be a good battle, especially in the trenches.

If they can't run the ball, it won't be because those guys are out.

SammyLife Stadium

NFL Network@nflnetwork 7m7 minutes ago

All set from Sun Life Stadium! Fun starts at 6pm ET! #BUFvsMIA #TNF

B2V1jj0IEAAAnHX.jpg

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 7m7 minutes ago

Marcell Dareus leads all defensive tackles in Success Counts this season (38)

B2V03G5CQAAnOHP.jpg

If they can't run the ball, it won't be because those guys are out.

SammyLife Stadium

NFL Network@nflnetwork 7m7 minutes ago

All set from Sun Life Stadium! Fun starts at 6pm ET! #BUFvsMIA #TNF

B2V1jj0IEAAAnHX.jpg

The fins definitely shouldn't discount dixon or brown, but I am much more confident with our front 7 facing those 2 over jackson/spiller. spiller in particular has been a dolphin killer in recent years.

I agree about the D. I expect they'll show up ans play tough. They always seem to; plus its prime time, I'm sure they're going to be ready to impress the nation.

The offense, on the other hand, who knows.

But, that's how every game is looking to me. We have an excellent Defense that's more than doing it's part and an offense that's woefully lacking. It's almost as if we get lucky on a few plays here and there... no consistency, no identity, no ability to control a game in any fashion.

The man spoke the Truth, now listen.

We've had a couple "must win" games this year, but this one literally is "MUST WIN"

Loser of this game is in a hole too deep to dig out of and their season will be over

Im going to be one pissed off mother****er if its us.

Come on bills, we as fans need this. I am so sick of meaningless late november and december football.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

We've had a couple "must win" games this year, but this one literally is "MUST WIN"

Loser of this game is in a hole too deep to dig out of and their season will be over

Im going to be one pissed off mother****er if its us.

Come on bills, we as fans need this. I am so sick of meaningless late november and december football.

I'm wondering if it is really is as "must-win" for Miami as it is for Buffalo. They have only 2 AFC losses going in.

Remember, Dolphins are the only mammal in the sea that has a taste for necrophilia. Dolphins have an image of being peaceful and happy creatures when in reality they are the villains of the sea, raping corpses and generally being dicks. I say we do the world a favor tonight AND SQUISH THOSE CORPSE MOLESTING FISHIES GOOD!

Bills 84 - Fish 0

It's really weird seeing the Bills talked about so much on NFLN. Not surprisingly, they clearly haven't watched any Bills games this year.

we dont care what they say do we ?

Bills are pissed from top to bottom. including some of us fans.

Leodis was right to speak from his heart.

Its time ! Bring it. Kitchen sink etc. !

Lets see what the Bills are capable of tonight. ( i will be listening )

I would be shocked if the Bills lost tonight. This matchup favors them across the board. Not that they can't shoot themselves in the foot like vs KC, but the Bills should dominate this game.

Here's hoping last week's loss was the fuel they needed to go on a real tear down the stretch. Let's see them playing mad!