Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

I don't get why you guys are railing on the OP.

I think the list and analysis are great.

Of course it has to assume that we win out-- but at least it shows the math being plausible re. the other teams.

He didn't say it's plausible.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think that's kinda the point of the "grumps". It doesn't really matter in terms of playoff implications for the Bills. But that doesn't mean that the "grumps" as well as the "non-grumps" can't still enjoy the game. Yes the Bills are still mathematically in it now with more and more improbable scenarios every week. And I have no problem with people who enjoy figuring out the scenarios if they enjoy it. But seriously, very possible? :)

Possible, plausible, very possible, moderately possible. Who cares? We are all aware of the situation. Why argue over semantics? I think the actual sentiment of the OP was spot on. Seems like most on here have written this team off, and are more than delighted to boast about it to no end. Why?

I think we catch Green Bay on a down week here and win this one. We should be able to get good pressure on Rodgers, and I'm not impressed with their run game. GB defense is better this year, but I think we'll move the ball on them and put up some points. Bills win this one 30-27. We should win in Oakland and be 9-6 going into NE. Regardless of the importance of this game for NE, they never lay down and will be ready. This is the game that will decide our playoff fate, and unfortunately I think the Patsies stick it to us again.

Just my two cents, but if we can win the next two we'll at least have a very meaningful game in week 17.

I give the Bills about a 33% chance of beating the Packers at home. If we played that game three times, at home, I think we squeak out a win once. If we beat them, we should be able to squeak out another win at Oakland.

If that happens, it's very, very likely that we will go into the final week with a chance at the playoffs and obviously need a win and some help.

Beating the Patriots on the road is very, very unlikely.

The Packers are an 'average' 3 and 3 on the road this season so maybe we up the percentage to 50/50. But the Raiders are playing better ball having won 2 in a row at home with that 52-0 drubbing at St. Louis thrown in the middle. So I don't see this game as the sure thing it once was earlier in the season. And the game at New England? Sure there's a chance but looking at the Bills recent history of 'must wins' can you really expect something different than a 3 or 4 turnover 11 penalty blow out loss to end the season?

While it keeps the interest level high these mathematical scenarios are unlikely and I wrote off the chance of making the playoffs back when they lost the KC and Miami games and dropped to 5-5. A split of those would have left them at a more favorable 8-5 but 7-6 is what it is and they need to jump 5 teams in 3 weeks to catch the 6th spot.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Possible, plausible, very possible, moderately possible. Who cares? We are all aware of the situation. Why argue over semantics? I think the actual sentiment of the OP was spot on. Seems like most on here have written this team off, and are more than delighted to boast about it to no end. Why?

Love this!

Gents- let's get real. They need to beat the Pats and the Pack. Even if that were possible on a even field (which is doubtful), the refs would never let it happen.

Umm History.

Not sure about the boasting part, but I also believe most here have written off the team regarding playoffs this season. It's pretty easy to see why. Look at the scenarios. If you are aware of the situation this should be obvious to you. Given the likelihood of any of the required scenarios playing out, can you really blame them?

I mean, it is mathematically possible that Kate Upton will decide today that she cannot live without sleeping with me. But (sadly) no one should think that is going to happen.

Nothing wrong with the OP and others doing some "what if" goofing around of course and maybe joking about it hurts some peoples feelings. But believing in the easter bunny has never been my strong suit i guess.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Not sure about the boasting part, but I also believe most here have written off the team regarding playoffs this season. It's pretty easy to see why. Look at the scenarios. If you are aware of the situation this should be obvious to you. Given the likelihood of any of the required scenarios playing out, can you really blame them?

I guess I'm just a glass half-full type of guy. I really like the growth I've seen from this franchise over the past couple years, and I'm optimistic about the future. Honestly, it would be nice to make the playoffs this year, but I wouldn't consider the season a failure if we didn't. A few smart personnel and coaching moves (and I believe in Whaley) and this is a very, very good team.

Keep your eyes on the prize Bills fans!

Whatever the OP is drinking, I'll take some!!!! Perhaps it will make me forget this will be the 15th year in a row the Bills haven't made the playoffs. Or that the Bills have no prospect for a decent QB. Or that the OL is in shambles. Or that Fred Jackson may have hit the wall and suddenly the Bills RB situation looks bleak. Or that the head coach and OC are complete nimrods that don't deserve the jobs they hold. That will have to be some really powerful stuff.

Is there nothing positive? :cry:

The best predictor of tomorrow is yesterday. Particularly when applied to the Buffalo Bills over the past fourteen years....

The best predictor of tomorrow is yesterday? New owner, new general manager, tons of talent, loads of cap room next year? Does this team really feel the same as, let's say, the Jauron years? If so, I don't think you've been paying close attention.

Bills to the playoffs? Simple. We need to beat Green Bay; and the Falcons, Patriots, Raiders, Colts, Jaguars, Browns, and Broncos need to win. Boom. 6th seed at the end of Week 14.

ATL is1.5 point dogs vs. PIT.

OAK is a 10 point dog @ KC.

JAX is a 13.5 dog @ BAL (ouch).

CLE is a 1.5 point dog vs. CIN.

(We're a six-point dog at The Ralph, but we'll take care of business.)

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Rivermont Mike

I guess I'm just a glass half-full type of guy. I really like the growth I've seen from this franchise over the past couple years, and I'm optimistic about the future. Honestly, it would be nice to make the playoffs this year, but I wouldn't consider the season a failure if we didn't. A few smart personnel and coaching moves (and I believe in Whaley) and this is a very, very good team.

Keep your eyes on the prize Bills fans!

Oh I couldn't agree more about the direction of the team. The D is there now and the O is only missing a few pieces (one being the most critical). The future would appear to be bright.

Is there nothing positive? :cry:

I guess you may have noticed, most of the board is glass 3/4 to 9/10 empty! :lol: Me, on the other hand, I like having a meaningful game against a good team to look forward to on Sunday. Been a fan since 1971 when I was 8,and I'll continue to support the team through thick and thin.

I guess you may have noticed, most of the board is glass 3/4 to 9/10 empty! :lol: Me, on the other hand, I like having a meaningful game against a good team to look forward to on Sunday. Been a fan since 1971 when I was 8,and I'll continue to support the team through thick and thin.

:worthy: Amen.