Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had pulled off that win in Mile High, I'd be with you. I still can't give them that credit yet. I think we're in better shape even with the difference in remaining schedule. This team is just starting to roll.

They're in their easy stretch, just like we went through

The Fins are starting to click. I could see Miami getting to the playoffs and beating Indianapolis much easier then they would Cinci. Miami has a good defense and a manageable offense that scores points. They're not a weak team.

Absolutely, with their schedule it will be a cake walk...

KC/SD will get in there, too.

Absolutely, with their schedule it will be a cake walk...

Meh. I can see them losing to Baltimore and New England. 9-7 at best. Their remaining schedule win % is skewed by 2 Jets games.

Edited by Big C

You know what's fun about the NFL now? You can take all the advanced stats/analytics guys to the bank (or betting window if you prefer). Cleveland: soft schedule, overrated journeyman QB. Proven correct. Cardinals: good team, benefited from a lot of situational luck. In the process of being proved correct as Atlanta blows them out today. Rams: really solid team suffering from horrible luck (including QB injuries) vs Raiders (crappy record because they are a crappy team): proven correct today.

Sending vibes for a MNF loss their way!

If Miami making it means Cleveland doesn't make it, then I am all for it. I had thought for a while that Pittsburgh would seal up a playoff bid but they just can't seem to navigate the course to success.

They're in their easy stretch, just like we went through

The Fins are starting to click. I could see Miami getting to the playoffs and beating Indianapolis much easier then they would Cinci. Miami has a good defense and a manageable offense that scores points. They're not a weak team.

I'm not saying they're bad, you're right they're talented. I just not a fan of Philbin and assume he'll find a way to !@#$ it up.

You know what's fun about the NFL now? You can take all the advanced stats/analytics guys to the bank (or betting window if you prefer). Cleveland: soft schedule, overrated journeyman QB. Proven correct. Cardinals: good team, benefited from a lot of situational luck. In the process of being proved correct as Atlanta blows them out today. Rams: really solid team suffering from horrible luck (including QB injuries) vs Raiders (crappy record because they are a crappy team): proven correct today.

Cardinals did lose Carson Palmer for the season. Big difference between him and Stanton.

AFC Team schedules: ( not counting den/KC, Mia/jets)

Buffalo. At Denver, Green Bay, at Oakland , at New England

New England. At San Diego, Miami, at jets, buffalo

Miami Baltimore, At New England, Minnesota, at jets

Cincinnati. Pitt, at cle, den, at Pitt

Baltimore at Miami, jax, at Houston, Cleveland

Pittsburgh. At CIN, at ATL, KC , CIN

Cleveland. Indy, cin, at Carolina, at Balt

Indy. At cle, HOU, at Dallas, at Tennessee

Houston at jax, st Indy, Balt, jax

Denver. Buffalo, at San Diego, at Cincy , Oakland

San Diego. New England, Denver, at SF at KC

Kansas City. At Arizona, Oakland, at Pittsburgh, San Diego

Edited by djp14150

This is basically the Bills scenario. Denver and Green Bay you are going to have to win one of those two games. A split puts you at 8-6. If you are at 8-6 you then have to win against Oakland (Very manageable) to move to 9-6, at 9-6 you have a chance to make the playoffs. Beating New England isn't going to be easy but there is a possibility that they won't need the game and they might rest starters.

Either way you have to split next two which is a tall task. 9-7 will likely be not enough to make the playoffs. Still the team will be playing relevant games in December not too bad.

stats, stats, stats, to much would of, should of, could of, just "suit up, show up" and let the chips fall where they may, simply put that's why they play the games one at a time, playoffs or not Bills are moving in a positive direction, and that's all the true beliver need, think of the past and enjoy the present, dream happy thoughts of the future

Beating New England isn't going to be easy but there is a possibility that they won't need the game and they might rest starters.

New England has never rested starters in Week 17, since BB became coach, no matter what their playoff status was.

New England has never rested starters in Week 17, since BB became coach, no matter what their playoff status was.

Very true. If we can make it to week 17, and be playing in a game that actually means something, it will be unbelievable....Even the Pats, with something to play for, have shown they can be beat. Yes, it will be a TALL, TALL task to go into Foxboro and win, but man just think how that will feel!!!

When's the last time we won in Foxboro? Just curious....