Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For whatever it's worth, I thought the Jets dialed up the perfect game plan for this game. They had this one in the grasp and they let it slip away.

I believe there are MANY posters on this board what would have referred to the game plan as some chicken **** conservative playing not to lose bull ****.

But I agree with you.

Edited by The Big Cat

Yep. This is exactly it. I don't feel sorry for Eugene, but my God ... the Jets publicly showed the entire NFL fanbase exactly what they think of him ... and it's not much.

I stated last night there was no reason for him to start if they were not going to let him play. Play Vick or Simms ... Simms might have even been the better option. They should have tried a play action once or twice if either of the other two were in there. That said that INT was from a deflection by the receiver it was; however, thrown into triple coverage, but was on the mark.

I stated last night there was no reason for him to start if they were not going to let him play. Play Vick or Simms ... Simms might have even been the better option. They should have tried a play action once or twice if either of the other two were in there. That said that INT was from a deflection by the receiver it was; however, thrown into triple coverage, but was on the mark.

From what I read, the gameplan was indeed a big FU to John Idzik from the Jets' coaching staff since they were forced to insert Geno back into the lineup. That's the only logical explanation to passing the ball on such an infrequent basis. facepalm.gif

good guess :flirt:

In this weeks edition of who to root for.

The obvious - Buffalo at Denver

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Baltimore at Miami

Indianapolis at Cleveland

Kansas City at Arizona

New England at San Diego - ouch this is a tough one. I want the Putrids to lose just because and the Bills may need help by the Chargers losing.

Using the playoff machine tool and Defense Rankings if you edit the above games as indicated we can have the Chargers win and not hurt the Bills this week. With the above selections the Bills are the 5th seed.

Even with a Bills loss V Denver and the above Defense Rankings criteria for weeks 15, 16 and 17 the Bills could be seeded 6th.

We need BAL and NEP to win this week. If Miami goes 3-1 we are pretty much toast (#$%^ing Jets). You can't use Defensive Rankings, it paints an unrealistic picture i.e. the Pats losing out and being eliminated (would be hilarious however)

snapback.pngA Dog Named Kelso, on 02 December 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

snapback.png26CornerBlitz, on 02 December 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

From what I read, the gameplan was indeed a big FU to John Idzik from the Jets' coaching staff since they were forced to insert Geno back into the lineup. That's the only logical explanation to passing the ball on such an infrequent basis. facepalm.gif

I read that too. If I know I am getting fired anyways I would hardly be listening to Idzik for my marching orders; especially, once I realized the game was very winnable. Pull Geno and get Vick/Simms in there for a series or two.

We need BAL and NEP to win this week. If Miami goes 3-1 we are pretty much toast (#$%^ing Jets). You can't use Defensive Rankings, it paints an unrealistic picture i.e. the Pats losing out and being eliminated (would be hilarious however)

The Bills chances to make the playoffs are slim as they need lots of outside help coupled with them winning at a minimum of 2 of the next 4.

Denver, GB and the Putz will be huge challenges. IF Orton plays phenomenal then yes, I'd say the Bills stand a chance. Right here right now I will not fall for the Bills can make the playoffs fantasy.

back to the Utopia posting ..... Defensive Rankings is my starting point. Then all I have to do is shift 2 or 3 games each week to keep the Bills alive.

As I see it, regardless of the Miami record in the next 4 weeks, with all of the other losses we Bills fans are hoping for also helps them, so they will remain in the playoff picture just like the Bills.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Missed field goals and bonehead plays cost the Jets this game. Not the scheme.

The way they played left no room for error. If there's a prime example of play not to lose, Jauron ball, last night was it.

The Bills chances to make the playoffs are slim as they need lots of outside help coupled with them winning at a minimum of 2 of the next 4.

Denver, GB and the Putz will be huge challenges. IF Orton plays phenomenal then yes, I'd say the Bills stand a chance. Right here right now I will not fall for the Bills can make the playoffs fantasy.

back to the Utopia posting ..... Defensive Rankings is my starting point. Then all I have to do is shift 2 or 3 games each week to keep the Bills alive.

As I see it, regardless of the Miami record in the next 4 weeks, with all of the other losses we Bills fans are hoping for also helps them, so they will remain in the playoff picture just like the Bills.

You'll get no argument from me regarding our chances. What are the odds right now? Like 13%? Facing three HOF QB's in a month? Eeep. One thing is certain, if they do pull off a miracle and make it in, nobody will say they didn't earn it.

Here's another way of looking at the picture -- forget about the entire month and just use predictions from next week:

Playoff Machine Only Week 14

CIN over PIT

BAL over MIA

ARI over KC

puts us back in the Wildcard (with an upset win over DEN of course lol)

You'll get no argument from me regarding our chances. What are the odds right now? Like 13%? Facing three HOF QB's in a month? Eeep. One thing is certain, if they do pull off a miracle and make it in, nobody will say they didn't earn it.

Here's another way of looking at the picture -- forget about the entire month and just use predictions from next week:

Playoff Machine Only Week 14

CIN over PIT

BAL over MIA

ARI over KC

puts us back in the Wildcard (with an upset win over DEN of course lol)

I don't see what you are trying to indicate. What is your starting point?

The only way I see the Bills in are to start with road games or by defense this week

If I clear the fields and use your teams unless I have a Denver loss to Buffalo they are out.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Okay. So what is it that you suggest?

I am suggesting that the game plan was chicken **** conservative playing not to lose bull **** because he had zero confidence in his QB.

I don't know how you can argue that it was anything else but that.

I am suggesting that the game plan was chicken **** conservative playing not to lose bull **** because he had zero confidence in his QB.

I don't know how you can argue that it was anything else but that.

I'm asking what you think they SHOULD have done.

Also, bear in mind: the game plan pretty much worked. They ran for more than 5 ypc...on 49 carries. 277 rushing yards and they found a way to lose. That's criminally insane.

Miami win lifts them into playoff picture

The Jets should’ve beat the Dolphins on Monday Night Football, but Miami pulled it out in the end for a valuable AFC conference win in a tight AFC playoff race. The win moved them up from ninth to sixth, and hurt the Bills in the process. So if the season ended today the Dolphins would be the final AFC Wild Card. Here’s a look.

I'm asking what you think they SHOULD have done.

They should not have played Geno in the first place. The guys' confidence is shot. He's even a shell of the QB who started the season for the Jets.

But if management forced me to play him, then I would also gameplan a chicken **** conservative playing not to lose bull **** strategy. Just because there was no realistic alternative, doesn't mean that Ryan didn't choose a chicken **** conservative playing not to lose bull **** .

Edited by GG