Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins-Jets game was an abomination, but here's my take on it without reading through 21 pages of this thread. They have 4 games left, of which 3 of them are at home. If they win 3, I think they bump the Bills out of the playoffs, even if Buffalo finishes 10-6. That said, I don't think they do and here's why. Baltimore is the defacto better team than Miami and they have to play them this weekend. A loss for Baltimore versus Miami, even if they win out from there, and they're almost certainly also eliminated with a 10-6 record. If Baltimore can beat Miami in Miami, they could win out versus Jacksonville at home, at Houston and then at home versus Cleveland. As long as they beat Miami, Baltimore is in the driver's seat to win the NFC North. Cincy has 3, and both Pittsburgh and Cleveland have 2 games remaining in the North and some tough other games on their calendars as well. Cincy gets Denver, Cleveland the Colts and Pittsburgh both Kansas City and Atlanta. The Jests should have won last night and didn't. However, Baltimore should win this Sunday and then it will be on Buffalo to put together 3 wins to make it happen. I don't see Miami beating the Pats at New England, so if Baltimore can win, their best chance is 9-7.

Edited by Luxy312

They should not have played Geno in the first place. The guys' confidence is shot. He's even a shell of the QB who started the season for the Jets.

But if management forced me to play him, then I would also gameplan a chicken **** conservative playing not to lose bull **** strategy. Just because there was no realistic alternative, doesn't mean that Ryan didn't choose a chicken **** conservative playing not to lose bull **** .

I guess I don't buy this cowboy mentality that so many posters here have regarding what is essentially OPM.

The Jets identified what they thought gave them the best chance to win and they went out and tried to manufacture a win and were damn near successful.

When was the last time an NFL team rushed for 277 yards...and lost!?

When it's not your job to produce wins, and you don't have 22 guys putting their lives on the line each snap of the game, it's really easy to sit behind a keyboard an espouse about all the wild and crazy things that COULD have won the game if the coaches had just strapped on a pair.

I guess I don't buy this cowboy mentality that so many posters here have regarding what is essentially OPM.

The Jets identified what they thought gave them the best chance to win and they went out and tried to manufacture a win and were damn near successful.

When it's not your job to produce wins, and you don't have 22 guys putting their lives on the line each snap of the game, it's really easy to sit behind a keyboard an espouse about all the wild and crazy things that COULD have won the game if the coaches had just strapped on a pair.

The second half proved it was no longer working ... they should have pulled Geno for a series or two and seen if Vick/Simms could have done what was necessary. Even if it was Idzik's call for Geno to play, in the end, if they won, no one is calling for Rex's head. Any of the Jet's QBs could have just handed the ball off and probably the other 2 could have provided a decent play action threat.

@Ajbisons

Are the #Bills really still in the Wild Card hunt? Here's the rest of their schedule compared to their competition

B3Sf83zCAAI9M1c.jpg

I think Baltimore has the easiest schedule with possible wins agains JAX, HOU and Cleveland. Miami has two gimme games, both at home against Minnesota and NYJ. And it will be Pittsburgh or Bengals who will win the AFC North (Or Baltimore and the other one will be the WC). The Bills are in a very difficult position like the Browns and Chiefs. I wish the Bills had beaten the Chiefs.

I don't see what you are trying to indicate. What is your starting point?

The only way I see the Bills in are to start with road games or by defense this week

If I clear the fields and use your teams unless I have a Denver loss to Buffalo they are out.

I'm trying to illustrate that the Bills regain the 6th seed and also regain control of their own destiny next week in that scenario. There is no "starting point." The starting point in the simulator is only used as a tool to quickly predict future weeks. I'm onlysimulating next week. And yes, it's predicated on a Denver loss to Buffalo as I said in my post.

Which is another way of saying that Ryan called a chicken **** conservative playing not to lose bull **** game because he was scared of what his QB was going to do. The only, only reason that game was even close is that Miami's offense was pathetic in the first half.

We've had some good defenses over the years. Back when we had Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy, Adams, Schobel and Lebeau as D coordinator we were pretty good.

Bruce Smith and Bryce Paupe years were fun too

But yes, I think this defense might be the best in team history...at least of the modern NFL era

2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucaneers, 2013 Seahawks, 2007 Giants come to mind as the best we've seen this century.

Shut out Brady, Manning and Rodgers and get us into the playoffs and then you can make an argument for the 2014 Bills D.

Jets proved last night that running the ball is OVERRATED, unless you have a nice lead

You can churn up tons of yards, kill clock, and end up getting nothing to show for it. Then the other team makes two plays and you're suddenly behind and all that work is erased.

You sure know how to take the fun out of the run

Week 14 -- who we want in key games

Steelers @ Bengals -- Bengals as we want them to win out the division and beat WC competitors Steelers and Browns

Jets @ Vikes - Jets as it helps our SoS

Ravens @ Dolphins - I think Ravens as Fins are currently ahead in the WC rankings, may also help in somewhat unlikely event it comes down to us and Dolphins in the division

Texans @ Jags - Jags

Chiefs @ Cardinals - Cardinals

Patriots @ Chargers - tough one to call, if we win and Pats lose that's only 1 back in the loss column, which would be an amazing closing of the gap. But if we can't catch them then it would have been better off they register a loss for a WC competitor. Personally I'd take a Patriots loss as it gives us another angle at the playoffs, and take our chances that Chargers lose other remaining games to Broncos, and Chiefs and 9ers on the road