Fire Hackett

you cant get into a throwing contest with a sketchy offensive line with no RB blitz pickup against a crazy pass rushing blitzing team. The Jets need to get turnover and win on defense or they can't win- so as painful as it was today and frustrating for this week it was the right plan. 48 points and a win on the road verus a top 5 defense is hard to get fired over. I with you on the stick it in the line week after week but for this week no turnovers = win

I agree but when we, the fans, now what they are going to call so does the the other team

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks the Bills are winning in spite of the coaching? Talented team but so poorly coached on the offensive side that it impacts the whole team. I'm wondering whether a lot of the problems with the running game and O-line aren't directly related to the coaching on that side of the ball.

No you're not. Hackett and this offense is absolutely atrocious. I hinestly thought for a while they were trying to lose the game. ait was easily the most frustrating win I've ever watched.

What baffles me... the weakest point of our entire team is probably the two guards. Yet, we continually run right up the middle right behind these guys. I just don't get it! Marrone is trying to force us a to be a power run team, and after 8 weeks... we just aren't. Stop it already.

One drive in the 3rd qtr seemed conservative, rest was fine. Game dictated runs.

It was really bad in the first half. All we had to do was get one first down a few times and we would have had scores. But the offense was constantly in 3rd and long due to playcalling.

Then the same continued into the 3rd qtr, even though it was still a close game.

I think the one time they should have been conservative was on the chandler TD (just needed a FG at that point), but they threw then, huh??

He did call some plays to take some shots, that was refreshing. Other than that, felt like we were going to lose the game when we went into the half. I sorta believe its on Marrone too, probably telling Hackett to play conservative when we have the lead, as to not make any mistakes. Worked today, I don't know how many times it will work in the future.

The point is missed, especially after a win like this. The Bills had 5 turnovers in Jets territory today (forget the 6th one, AW's interception return to the 1). Hackett ran up the middle on every single one. Not once, (ONCE!) did he call a play action and then go for the throat. This is what NFL teams do after a big turnover. The Bills should have been up 42-0 in the first half. Somehow, the Jets were within 7-10 points for large stretches of the game. We didn't choke them out until Chandler's TD. If we can't convert turnovers to real points against teams like GB and the Cheats*, we will not win.

The point is missed, especially after a win like this. The Bills had 5 turnovers in Jets territory today (forget the 6th one, AW's interception return to the 1). Hackett ran up the middle on every single one. Not once, (ONCE!) did he call a play action and then go for the throat. This is what NFL teams do after a big turnover. The Bills should have been up 42-0 in the first half. Somehow, the Jets were within 7-10 points for large stretches of the game. We didn't choke them out until Chandler's TD. If we can't convert turnovers to real points against teams like GB and the Cheats*, we will not win.

+as much as possible

yep

If you want to be conservative, fine. The thing that is absolutely indefensible to me is the running the same type of running play over and over on first and second down, just straight into the middle of the line time and time again. How about a counter or off tackle or god forbid sweep every one in a while.

I swear to God, and this is the truth, my son's 7yr old flag football team had more imaginative run play calling than what Hackjob is doing with this professional offense. We at least threw in different types of runs, not the same gd run call over and over and over.

Hackett is terrible. Worst play-calling game of the season and we score 43 points though. They will say he "managed the game" but he did everything he could to lose that. If our defense wasn't so good and their offense so bad this could have had a much different outcome

I am never upset after a win, and surely not after a 20 point win against the Jets, but this is ridiculous. That offensive philosophy is criminal.

I got an idea, lets not use our clearest strength (QB passing and WR) against their clearest weakness (DB and pass defense) but instead, lets force our biggest weakness (TE and run blocking) against their biggest strength (DL and front 7).

It was equally as smart as TJ Graham laying down in the endzone playing possum.

Because of run up middle, run up middle, pass, I really thought we were going to lose. Can we AT LEAST, AT LEAST, CHANGE THE 2 RUNNING PLAYS. how about run left, run right, pass? Or screen left, run right, pass? Or better yet, start with a pass. Hackett thinks hes going to jail if ha passes on first down. Freaking chump.

The offensive play calling is awful. I agree that the Bills are winning in spite of poor coaching and play calling on offense. I really have had enough with the runs up the middle for little or no gain. The Jets are strong against the run and poor against the pass, and we ran up the middle time after time with little success. What is so hard about mixing things up with play action?

With regard to the defense, it is good to see that half-time adjustments were made. Schwartz is doing a solid job with the defense.

Every single employee at OBD knows their jobs are on the line with a TBD consultant coming on board at some point. I get the impression the mindset is now coach not to lose. Don't be too innovative, i.e. risky. Eke out games and hopefully finish with a good enough record to not be fired.

And then counter that with the move on draft day to get Watkins, which was the antithesis of their game planning right now.

For the life of me I don't understand this franchise. Nothing seems coordinated, and as a previous poster mentioned, they attacked NYJ's strength and held back on their weakness. Some game plan.

The thing that baffles me is that he doesn't adjust the play for the personnel package that he has in the game. If you are going to run it on first and second, then Bryce Brown should be in the game, not Dixon. Dixon is a third down, short yardage back. He doesn't have the foot speed to be an every down back. So genius Hacket has mostly Dixon in the game and doesn't use Brown at all. Absolute Genius! He has got to go.

i agree with this, and most of the fans agree with this, and even the announcers agreed with this - but in case you missed the article, Hackett was going to 'play the hot hand' with his RBs.. maybe he should extend that philosophy to include the passing game