Fire Hackett

If something was to change with the offensive playcalling, this week is the week to do it. With the bye, plenty of time to come up with new ideas and watch what works against the upcoming teams defenses, and it would be great to surprise the chiefs defense with some new stuff; we need a win against a team we shouldn't beat to get 10 wins.

But if the Bills FO were to do something about Hackett after two wins, especially after today, it would genuinely surprise.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone also knew the Jets' pass rush was very good. There were several articles about it on the front page of TBD this week. So they decided to try to run first. It happens.

WHAT?

There wasn't anything different about today's play calling then in any of the other games he's been with the Bills

you cant get into a throwing contest with a sketchy offensive line with no RB blitz pickup against a crazy pass rushing blitzing team. The Jets need to get turnover and win on defense or they can't win- so as painful as it was today and frustrating for this week it was the right plan. 48 points and a win on the road verus a top 5 defense is hard to get fired over. I with you on the stick it in the line week after week but for this week no turnovers = win

Am I the only one who thinks the Bills are winning in spite of the coaching? Talented team but so poorly coached on the offensive side that it impacts the whole team. I'm wondering whether a lot of the problems with the running game and O-line aren't directly related to the coaching on that side of the ball.

Nope, as that is exactly what is happening. All the credit goes to Kyle Orton IMO

The Bills have scored 80 pts to the Jets 38 in their last 2 meetings. Something is working.

Each matchup is different. I'm not complaining.

Whats the turnover ratio in those 2 games? We were up 1 score going into the half. Vs a better opponent we probably lose today.

Run, run, pass. And the runs are always the same.

like an earlier post pointed out, it's just way too predictable. how about mixing in a pass on 1st or 2nd down a little bit more? how bout trying to throw some more quick passes to Sammy who clearly can take it to the house whenever he gets his hands on the ball? i can't ever remember feeling so salty after a 20 pt win.

Absolutely winning in spite of coaching.

Defense handed Hackett a win. He tried to blow it.

We don't use Bryce Brown correctly (no surprise), even though the Eagles had him running for days.

We don't use Mike Williams at all, even though he is an accomplished WR and red zone threat.

We were unable to use Spiller, even though the previous coaching staff got effectiveness out if him.

We have a shotgun run play that couldn't be less predictable if we actually told the defense what we were doing.

We have a two minute offense that effortlessly moves the ball down field, but when we start inside the 50 we curl up and punt almost every time.

Isn't this on marrone too and the game planning? They spent all week apparently developing a game plan that focused on the run, against a great run defense and without our top two backs.

yea but every friggin week it's the same thing.

Too me that says there is no game planning but just trying to force what they want to do, which would be great if we were gettiing 5 yds a crack.

The thing that baffles me is that he doesn't adjust the play for the personnel package that he has in the game. If you are going to run it on first and second, then Bryce Brown should be in the game, not Dixon. Dixon is a third down, short yardage back. He doesn't have the foot speed to be an every down back. So genius Hacket has mostly Dixon in the game and doesn't use Brown at all. Absolute Genius! He has got to go.