Bills signing RB Phillip Tanner

BRAWNDO

Middle Tennessee State. Average sized back with good burst. Goods hands. Some ST ability. Often exposes ball.

Played with Dallas and had one of those preseason games where he raised some eyebrows. That's all I could find.

Let's hope his number is rarely called.

We don't know yet with no official announcement from the Bills. Maybe it's Jordan Gay?

This makes sense.

I'm not ready to cut Gay, yet. The winds were pretty bad. I would hope we keep him another 2 or 3 weeks then put him on the PS, if possible.

RB Phillip Tanner joins Bills, C.J. Spiller goes to IR-Return

The Bills placed C.J. Spiller on the Reserve/Injured Designated for Return list and signed RB Phillip Tanner.

5 things to know about new Bills RB Phillip Tanner

Running back Phillip Tanner, who signed with the Bills on Wednesday, will help to fill the shoes of the injured C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson. Learn more about Tanner with these five fast facts.

On Fred's show yesterday, he said Spiller broke jis collarbone in 4 [laces. He is out for the season. He said he visited Spoller at the hospital and yjat he was so doped up still that he told fred he would be released that evening and be at practice Tuesday!