The all Sam Bradford thread

Who knows what is true and what isn't. Does anyone care to give a hypothetical price on a Bradford trade? I am thinking a 2 this year and a conditional 2 or 3 next year that becomes a 2 or 1 based on certain benchmarks. It is a total guess but if the Browns are looking to you will have to put a better package together if you want him.

That would be amazing trade for the Rams. Bradford is living off of college still.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak: Rams tell me that there is no merit to report that Bills are pursuing trade with QB Sam Bradford.

But nothing about Bradford not being available for trade. Very careful language there. I like that the original report said "multiple sources".

Someone replied to Rodak's tweet:

"There is no merit to your entire life."

I almost feel for Rodak (but I don't). You are basically working a dream job, but your target audience hates you, you are covering a team you clearly don't want to be covering and living somewhere you don't want to live.

I almost feel for Rodak (but I don't). You are basically working a dream job, but your target audience hates you, you are covering a team you clearly don't want to be covering and living somewhere you don't want to live.

Then how can it be a dream job?

Who knows what is true and what isn't. Does anyone care to give a hypothetical price on a Bradford trade? I am thinking a 2 this year and a conditional 2 or 3 next year that becomes a 2 or 1 based on certain benchmarks. It is a total guess but if the Browns are looking too you will have to put a better package together if you want him.

Throw in a contract guess too

I said 2015 2nd, 2016 conditional (2-4 range) and a 3 year deal worth 30something as a prove your worth a franchise deal at 31 to balance longevity to justify the trade with short term to get him that shot

Edited by NoSaint

That would be amazing trade for the Rams. Bradford is living off of college still.

That is what someone is going to give I would imagine. I would think a #1 & a #2 based on this: @TheJoeMarino: Sam Bradford was on pace for an excellent season in '13 before getting hurt. After 7 games, was on pace for 3,856 yds, 32 TD, 9 INT. 90.9 PR

If he played at that level he would be a steal for whatever team got him. I really have few concerns about his performance. I think that the light went off and he was starting to look like a good pro QB. His receivers were atrocious and I watched that video of all of his throws over 20 yards or whatever it was. I think that if healthy he is in the Tannehill, Flacco area. The problem is that there is no reason to believe that he can be healthy. He just has always been hurt. It is very risky for that reason but you cannot let this window close without having the requisite QB play to compete. You cannot wait 5 years until your team is on the way down and your QB is on the way up. Those 2 things need to happen simultaneously.

Who at ESPN thought it was a good idea to hire a Pats fan to cover the Bills?

I'm pretty sure the conversation went something like this:

ESPN Front office guy 1: "We really need to get someone better than Rodak on the Pats, that's one of the teams we actually care about"

Guy 2: "Yeah, but Rodak hasn't done anything wrong, we can't fire him"

Guy 1: "Just have him cover the Bills, Walker hates covering them anyway and no one in our target markets care about them"

Then how can it be a dream job?

I hate the Browns, but I'd gladly be paid to write about them. The audience would hate me as well, but you are putting together a solid resume, getting paid well and talking about football all day.

Edited by Chuck Wagon