When will the Bills win next ?

Fan in Chicago

As a companion piece to this thread from just a couple of weeks back, let us break away from EJ discussion and think about when you expect the Bills to win its next game.

IMHO, Lions on the road (decent D and good O), Pats* (always have our number) are tough to win with how we are playing. So, I think our next win comes against the Vikes at home.

(Consider this thread free of EJ discussion. Even though it is inticately related to this topic, you can indulge in one of the 20 other threads on that topic. )

Edited by Fan in Chicago

uh This Sunday. It's a road game, so that will make it more difficult.

After that the (deflating) Putrids maybe in Blo. [one can wish for the end]

The Vikings game in Blo is winnable, as is @ the NYETS, KC in Blo, @ the Fish, NYETS in Blo, Browns in Blo, the Raiders AND again the (deflating) Putrids on the road.

We can beat the Lions - look how bad the jets played yesterday and lost by 1 score. The lions are up and down. Granted, they're better at home but Calvin Johnson is a bit banged up. We need to play a mistake free game (0 turnovers) and go easy on the penalties to have a shot.

The 2014 Patriots are not what they once were and are beatable. I'd take a loss vs. the Lions and a Win over Pats in a heartbeat to put us at 3-3 going into the Vikings game.

Whenever the coaches get their heads out of their asses and can actually outcoach someone. The only people they are outcoaching now is themselves. They are not putting players in a position to win and until that changes, they won't win.

As a companion piece to this thread from just a couple of weeks back, let us break away from EJ discussion and think about when you expect the Bills to win its next game.

IMHO, Lions on the road (decent D and good O), Pats* (always have our number) are tough to win with how we are playing. So, I think our next win comes against the Vikes at home.

(Consider this thread free of EJ discussion. Even though it is inticately related to this topic, you can indulge in one of the 20 other threads on that topic. )

I was waiting for this thread as after Manuel's game changing bonehead play , I started to wonder. I immediately wrote off the Texans game at that point ( just a gut feeling) and turned my thoughts to the past and future. We lost to the bolts and are going to lose Houston. Our next two opponents are @ Detroit and vs New England, who we've managed just two wins over in about 26 tries. So there will be over a month between victories after a promising 2-0 start. Horrendous , but fully in keeping with the recent history of this moribund franchise. The one constant has centered around the lack of a viable NFL quarterback and the blind ineptitude of the management in acquiring one. I cannot see this team winning until @ Miami in week 11. We simply cannot execute an NFL passing offense with EJ and I don't believe the FO will throw in the towel until then. Why do I get the feelling Bridgewater, who I would have made a trade up to get in the draft, will outplay Manuel completely on their visit to the Ralph? We are back at squre one it seems, as Kyle Orton is not the answer at the most important position in the game.

Whenever the coaches get their heads out of their asses and can actually outcoach someone. The only people they are outcoaching now is themselves. They are not putting players in a position to win and until that changes, they won't win.

I'd have to disagree. I saw ore wide open WR's yesterday than I can recall in some time. Those were matchups the coaches felt we could win and were winning them. A competent QB wins that game easily. You just have to expect a certain level of competence when designing a game plan. I cannot fault the coaches for that. Giving up 16 points to Fitz sounds about right. That needs to be a win every time. Out coaching is how you win when you are overmatched. We weren't . You don't expect your QB to be as bad as EJ was, you just don't. Play calling/ coaching had very little to do with this loss.

I think Detroit has the potential to get far uglier than yesterday and last week. That's a tough place to win even when things are going your way, but we seem to be a team in turmoil on offense while most likely missing two defensive starters going into next Sunday. If that's the case, I see EJ getting benched for N.E. the following week and the team rallying around Orton's first start to beat NE*.

GO BILLS!!!

They already won with Pegula. Stop being greedy.

I think Detroit has the potential to get far uglier than yesterday and last week. That's a tough place to win even when things are going your way, but we seem to be a team in turmoil on offense while most likely missing two defensive starters going into next Sunday. If that's the case, I see EJ getting benched for N.E. the following week and the team rallying around Orton's first start to beat NE*.

GO BILLS!!!

What I'm half expecting to see in Detroit is for EJ to do some boneheaded stuff early in the game and to have the rest of the team just quit. We've seen this movie before. If Sammy Watkins is already mentally checked out I think it's safe to say pretty much everyone else aren't far behind. You see it in the workplace all the time, management taking care of 1 person at the expense of everyone else, blame deflection, and so on. Football teams aren't immune from it any more than people at the factory.

GO BILLS!!!

That's what I've been saying all morning. I feel like Detroit is EJ's "play yourself out of the job (maybe even the league" game. The following week's home game vs. NE, with new owners (presumably) in the house, creates the perfect environment to make the switch and take advantage of the fan's/team's response.

What I'm half expecting to see in Detroit is for EJ to do some boneheaded stuff early in the game and to have the rest of the team just quit. We've seen this movie before. If Sammy Watkins is already mentally checked out I think it's safe to say pretty much everyone else aren't far behind. You see it in the workplace all the time, management taking care of 1 person at the expense of everyone else, blame deflection, and so on. Football teams aren't immune from it any more than people at the factory.

The potential for things to implode is definitely there and that's up to the coaches to mitigate. They are walking a tight line here with needing to balance between giving EJ a chance to play himself out of this funk or pulling the trigger on a QB change. I don't think playing in Detroit is the best place for either scenario at the moment but if things DO get out of hand early, I am looking for the switch to Orton to be made.

GO BILLS!!!

That's what I've been saying all morning. I feel like Detroit is EJ's "play yourself out of the job (maybe even the league" game. The following week's home game vs. NE, with new owners (presumably) in the house, creates the perfect environment to make the switch and take advantage of the fan's/team's response.

I'm not surprised we see things in a similar light here. While I'm certainly pulling for the kid, I saw him playing scared vs. playing not to screw up yesterday and I'm not sure that's an easy thing to rectify in a week, especially in Detroit. So yeah, I agree that NE* at home with the new owners in attendance is the perfect place for Orton to get his first start. But I'm under no illusions that a QB that hasn't taken a snap in I don't know how long, is gonna be any kind of savior.

GO BILLS!!!

Jests

I'll say next week against Detroit, just for fun.

Detroit is on a 2 game winning streak, MegaTron isn't 100% and the Lions look past the Bills to the Saints game.

Jim Schwartz has his old team figured out and the Bills come away with the W.

Doubt it happens, but I'm not going to dwell. Just happy knowing the Bills will be in Buffalo for a long time.

Edited by Wayne Cubed