Does Kyle Williams have a shot at the Hall of Fame?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the hall of fame isn't about who the best player at their position over 5 years is. It's about one of the best players at their position in the history of the game.

Your smoking crack of you think he's one of the best to ever play the game.

"Smoking Crack" So childish. Defensive tackle is a very difficult position to evaluate because traditional statistical information doesn't always tell the tale. According to Advanced NFL stats Kyle Williams was the best DT in the league last year. They also have him as the best DT so far this year. Others researchers have similar results. Usually a player who is in the top 1-3 of their position over an extended period of time will get selected for the Hall of Fame. Andre Reed was never the best at his position. Recently, the DTs that have made the Hall of Fame did one thing well, sack the QB. NFL general managers see things differently.

I honestly believe that he's the quickest defensive lineman off the snap, and he's rarely off sides to boot.

That said, he's not a hall of famer unless the Bills win a couple super bowls. I don't know if it should work that way, but it does.

while a good trait, im not sure its translated into the penetration stats that youd like to see from him - like i said upthread, he has 30 career sacks. Not sure how he stacks up all time for tackles for loss and such, but the skill without remarkable production probably wouldnt be considered exceptional enough for HOF standards.

Sadly our punter (former) Brian Mooreman could also be considered. In his prime he was a weapon. He also was very civic minded.

Buried somewhere in the man cave is the glossy pic of Moorman punting out of the end zone the team sent out a few years back. he was the Bills un official MVP for awhile. Edited by Best Player Available

We haven't had a HOF-type player on the Bills' roster since the late 90's. Maybe a couple good players that left and had good careers, but none were that good... here, including the current roster.

Step away from the crack pipe. Its the HOF (Hall of Fame), not HOGPTIL (Hall of Good Players That I Like).

Kyle Williams has been doing the hard work for years.

Bills Wall of Fame, yes.

Hall of Fame, maybe. I think he's got a good start (4xPB, 2xAP). IMO, he has been one of the AFC's most dominant DT's over the last five years but he will need a few more productive seasons to safetly navigate out of Peter Boulware territory.