Does Kyle Williams have a shot at the Hall of Fame?

I know we love him. I know other fans are envious of us having him.

He is 31 and has made a few pro bowls, however, sometimes as an alternate. If we assume '14-'16 as quality years in his career, meaning he hopefully makes it to the pro bowl, what are the chances or what do you think the odds are of Kyle being an NFL Hall of Famer?

EDIT: keeping in mind that as a 7 time pro-bowler and multiple year all-pro Fred Smerlas still isn't in and no longer appears ont he ballot, I believe.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the man and what he brings our team. However, no way is he a Hall of Famer. I can see a Wall of Famer, but not Hall.

He brings serious work ethic, however he has only affected the out come of a few games and teams really do not game plan around him.

He is going to be like Darrell Talley and Biscuit....teammates love them, opponents appreciated them, however they are just not the elite of the elite.

Kyle Williams has been one of the best DTs in the league his entire career. If he puts together 3 more great years he would be deserving of a spot in the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, playing in Buffalo will keep him out. Obviously other Buffalo players have made it in recently, but they all played on a team that was a perennial winner. Kyle has never played in a playoff game. If coaches voted instead of members of the media he would be a lock.

I have a simple question for those who do not believe he belongs in the Hall of Fame. What DT has been consistently better than Kyle the last 5 years? Guys like Suh have had great years but have also had disappointing years. Kyle Williams always plays at a high level.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

Kyle Williams has been one of the best DTs in the league his entire career. If he puts together 3 more great years he would be deserving of a spot in the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, playing in Buffalo will keep him out. Obviously other Buffalo players have made it in recently, but they all played on a team that was a perennial winner. Kyle has never played in a playoff game. If coaches voted instead of members of the media he would be a lock.

I have a simple question for those who do not believe he belongs in the Hall of Fame. What DT was been consistently better than Kyle the last 5 years? Guys like Suh have had great years but have also had disappointing years. Kyle Williams always plays at a high level.

what does he do exceptionally?

I have a simple question for those who do not believe he belongs in the Hall of Fame. What DT was been consistently better than Kyle the last 5 years? Guys like Suh have had great years but have also had disappointing years. Kyle Williams always plays at a high level.

the hall of fame isn't about who the best player at their position over 5 years is. It's about one of the best players at their position in the history of the game.

Your smoking crack of you think he's one of the best to ever play the game.