Your 3 keys to the Bills continuing to win

BuffaloBill

For me they are:

1- the interior o-line play has to improve especially LG. You can see from the play calls the Bills want to run inside the tackles often. Their success has been hampered by Williams who appears to be struggling with his assignments. As the season wears on and weather becomes a factor in games the o-line must continue to improve

2- The special teams need to continue their turnaround. The play of the ST units has been a very pleasant surprise. The Bills O is not good enough yet to win games outright. The fact that ST's are helping to win the field position battle is important to supporting them.

3 - to me the most obvious is that EJ has to continue to take small steps forward in his development. At some point during the season he will be called upon to win a game(s).

Your thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what has me excited is the opportunity for this team to progress as the season goes:

1) Offensive line playing together as the season moves on getting better - Henderson new at tackle, Pears new at guard, Williams new at guard

2) EJ with still 12 starts under his belt, I see him carrying himself with more confidence -more to come

EJ and new wideouts Mike Williams and Sammy Watkins, chemistry is frustrating because you can't speed it up

Nate Hackett opening up playbook again as the season moves along- taking more a chance in red zone, throwing more on first down

3) Schwartz defense being primarily based on beat me (so far) , Pettine was more of a trick you don't get me wrong he's a hell of a coordinator

Most critical: +2 turnover ratio each game

Next: EJ never throws more than 30 times; run the ball successfully

Third: Play great defense; no big hitters

Turnovers and the short fields they give the offense are what decide NFL games, other than complete mismatches (raiders/seahawks in Seattle,etc) Period.

For me they are:

1- the interior o-line play has to improve especially LG. You can see from the play calls the Bills want to run inside the tackles often. Their success has been hampered by Williams who appears to be struggling with his assignments. As the season wears on and weather becomes a factor in games the o-line must continue to improve

2- The special teams need to continue their turnaround. The play of the ST units has been a very pleasant surprise. The Bills O is not good enough yet to win games outright. The fact that ST's are helping to win the field position battle is important to supporting them.

3 - to me the most obvious is that EJ has to continue to take small steps forward in his development. At some point during the season he will be called upon to win a game(s).

Your thoughts?

Williams has been written of as having been poor, especially in the run game. I hope the Bills wrk fevorishly to get Richatdson ready to play. Williams has nit shown to be worthy of playing time so far.

Williams has been written of as having been poor, especially in the run game. I hope the Bills wrk fevorishly to get Richatdson ready to play. Williams has nit shown to be worthy of playing time so far.

The Bills are averaging 4.6 YPC, and our Quarterback has been sacked only once. While I certainly don't mind any player improving and taking another's job on merit, Williams hasn't been nearly as bad as you've described. I'm very comfortable with his play so far.

The Bills are averaging 4.6 YPC, and our Quarterback has been sacked only once. While I certainly don't mind any player improving and taking another's job on merit, Williams hasn't been nearly as bad as you've described. I'm very comfortable with his play so far.

He's not great, but he's no Legursky. I'm sure playing next to Glenn helps.

For me they are:

Your thoughts?

The intensity level on both sides of the ball has been off the charts. I want to see that continue.