Your 3 keys to the Bills continuing to win

BuffaloBill

I've actually made time in my life for football. It is a hobby, a passion and something I enjoy. I am watching more football and I am falling in love all over again. Watching this game tonight is helping.

So you're not a Buc fan....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're not a Buc fan....

No, not Atlanta, either. But, I am the type to go on YouTube and spend hours looking at trains wrecking, things blowing up, snipers taking dudes out, and just all out disasters. This is just fun to watch. It's an execution - which are fun to watch on YouTube, too.

Life is a funny f'r isn't it sometimes .

Falling in love is priceless , honestly .

This is so awful tonight it's great.

No, not Atlanta, either. But, I am the type to go on YouTube and spend hours looking at trains wrecking, things blowing up, snipers taking dudes out, and just all out disasters. This is just fun to watch. It's an execution - which are fun to watch on YouTube, too.

This is so awful tonight it's great.

I do what i can . I am a Bills fan

So, you've seen the bear shot out of the tree and bounce on the trampoline then crash to the ground? The bear, in it's tranquillized state, could push for a starting job in Tampa.

For me they are:

1- the interior o-line play has to improve especially LG. You can see from the play calls the Bills want to run inside the tackles often. Their success has been hampered by Williams who appears to be struggling with his assignments. As the season wears on and weather becomes a factor in games the o-line must continue to improve

2- The special teams need to continue their turnaround. The play of the ST units has been a very pleasant surprise. The Bills O is not good enough yet to win games outright. The fact that ST's are helping to win the field position battle is important to supporting them.

3 - to me the most obvious is that EJ has to continue to take small steps forward in his development. At some point during the season he will be called upon to win a game(s).

Your thoughts?

1) EJ not regressing and hopefully improving

2) Staying reasonably healthy

That's all they need. Williams and Pears....and Wood for that matter.....are very unlikely to improve. Spring chickens they are not. They can't get leverage in the run game because of physical limitations. But they are providing a consistently nice pocket for EJ to throw which is enough if EJ takes advantage of it by making the throws.

1. Sign some midget linemen - - low man wins;

2. Scour the waiver wire for more Williams - - it's no coincidence that we started winning when we really loaded up on them; and

3. Stock more deers in Jimbo's back yard so that we can continue to attract free agents - - when the league office makes 'em stop beating women and children they're gonna wanna shoot something defenseless.

3. Stock more deers in Jimbo's back yard so that we can continue to attract free agents - - when the league office makes 'em stop beating women and children they're gonna wanna shoot something defenseless.

I found this entirely too funny. :) well played!

For me, I say keep up the intensity as well. The team is going to lose games.. how will they respond the following week is the key. Good teams use a loss to motivate them, play harder and win the next game. Bad teams use a loss to fall apart. We don't want to start a string of consecutive losses and allow all the doubts back in. Keep up the intenstiy and refuse to lose.

Offensive adjustments. Our offense doesn't look complicated as it is and it's not been wildly successful in the first two games. Hackett needs to find the adjustments to allow the offense to continue improving as opposing defensive coordinators figure out how to shut the run game down.

Stay healthy overall, and especially our DLine. Right now, they're easily the best unit on the team and they're making the entire defense look better which in turns makes it easier for the offense. Stay healthy, my friends. Stay Healthy!

Williams has been good in pass protection, poor in the run game..... however, I can't help feeling that Eric Wood is getting a huge pass from people here. He has be wretched in the run game so far this season and people continue to talk exclusively about the guard positions. When I watch the teams who have the most success in short yardage running situations, their centre is a key part of that. Wood needs to step up big time for me.

Anyway.... to answer the question...

1) We need to continue to play good defense

2) We need to continue to be careful with the offensive gameplanning - don't put too much on EJ and ensure that there is sufficient variety week to week (that was Chan's problem in 2011.... we started 5-2 and ran the same 10 offensive plays all season, by week 8 everything was on film).

3) We must continue to make homefield a real advantage. If the Ralph is as loud as it was last week, every week, we will go at least 7-1 at home.

The Bills are averaging 4.6 YPC, and our Quarterback has been sacked only once. While I certainly don't mind any player improving and taking another's job on merit, Williams hasn't been nearly as bad as you've described. I'm very comfortable with his play so far.

I think you mean yards per rush not yards per catch. No worries.

An additional point is to continue the clean yet punishing hits on defense so Gates thinks twice about going over the middle. I really think Bradham is going to take someone's head off soon. He was hammering people last week as he is much more comfortable in the Schwartz 4-3 defense.

It's obvious on EJ, and if we can improve our cut back runs off Guard, we can put this game to bed. We also will keep the ball out of Rivers hands. I'm not crazy about a no huddle team this week, unless it is with lots of successful running. EJ cannot go toe to toe with Rivers. He'll get killed.

Lastly, you guys have to all collectively lose your voices at the game this week so they cannot call any audibles. Our 12th man has to be deafening.

Williams has been good in pass protection, poor in the run game..... however, I can't help feeling that Eric Wood is getting a huge pass from people here. He has be wretched in the run game so far this season and people continue to talk exclusively about the guard positions. When I watch the teams who have the most success in short yardage running situations, their centre is a key part of that. Wood needs to step up big time for me.

Yeah, also noticed that he hasn't been strong enough. If you see him at the Big Tree again Sunday night, buy him 1 beer, then tell him to get his ass home and in bed.