Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AdamBenigni

Pretty straightforward stuff this week with finalization of #Bills sale. @wgrz

Told formal owner approval vote is on early agenda Wednesday at league meetings.. 75-percent needed, unanimous expected. @wgrz

Once approved, told Pegulas are considered active owners in NFL terms @wgrz

After approval... Payment time. Told $1.4-billion set to be transferred from Pegulas to Wilson estate on Thursday... Possibly into Friday.

Told no snags expected... Pegulas should be active owners of #Bills by home game Sunday vs. Patriots.

...I can't wait to see what Terry and Kim have planned for their grand unveiling.

I'm not sure what you are expecting, but I wouldn't look for anything substantial.

1 - What are you hoping for, 4 days after they take ownership? Also, Pegula never struck me as someone who has to be in the spotlight ala Jones & Snyder.

2 - The Sabres also open the season this week, which I am sure the Pegula's are also very excited about.

Edited by LabattBlue

I'm not sure what you are expecting, but I wouldn't look for anything substantial.

1 - What are you hoping for, 4 days after they take ownership? Also, Pegula never struck me as someone who has to be in the spotlight ala Jones & Snyder.

2 - The Sabres also open the season this week, which I am sure the Pegula's are also very excited about.

If you don't think there will be some sort of kick ass ceremony (for a lack of a better word) before the game, I suggest you get there early Sunday.

Russ Brandon has already intimated something to the contrary.

I don't care if El Pegul simply waves, it will be an historic moment in franchise history.

Sunday will make the opening fish fry seem tame. I am hoping another salute to Ralph before

Anything else. i wouldn't miss this for anything.

I guess we will see. I'd be surprised, but it wouldn't be the first time i was wrong. ;)

I don't understand the basis of your skepticism. Brandon himself has been on WGR stating that Bills fans should get to their sets early on Sunday. And he was not referring to taking pressure off of Gate 2.

Wish I could be there!

I don't understand the basis of your skepticism. Brandon himself has been on WGR stating that Bills fans should get to their sets early on Sunday. And he was not referring to taking pressure off of Gate 2.

Wish I could be there!

I think it may be the original wording of "their grand unveiling". That makes it sound like the Pegula's are going to be very visible in the whole thing. I wouldn't expect to see much of them at all. You'll get some sort of parading of alumni, but you'll see very little of those two. That's how it should be. Actually, what they should really do is some sort of major ceremony or video tribute to Ralph. I'm not even sure how much they did at opening week, but that doesn't matter. This is the perfect time to do something like that one more time.

Assuming the Pegulas are officially voted in as the BILLS' new owners, it will be so much more than just an exciting time for new ownership and new philosophy regarding team management. To me, what will also be rewarding is the potential respect the Pegulas will bring to the NFL owners circle. RW was often seen in a derogatory light in large part due to his age, frequently being referred to an old codger and past his time, yet many failed to see his brilliance and adept ability at comprehending the complexities of the current NFL, i.e. the CBA that resulted in a stoppage in the NFL when it was just him and the Browns (owners not team) who opposed it...his insight came to bear years later when that same CBA brought the entire NFL to a screeching halt yet few were willing to choke down some crow and laud RW for his foresight...RW was extremely intelligent and insightful regarding NFL business but due to his age he was often seen as merely and old miser owner who didn't want to see the NFL advance, and while those people would be very wrong, the perception continued nonetheless. So, with the Pegulas - assuming they're allowed into the inner sanctum of NFL ownership - credibility from an ownership standpoint is returned despite RW doing a hell of a job with this team over the course of five decades. And yes, RW made mistakes and errors in judgment but honestly, show me an NFL owner or CEO or NFL GM that doesn't make mistakes, but it was never at the expense of his loyalty and love for the Buffalo BILLS and WNY. I'm grateful to see the dedication of a gentleman and his family to keep the BILLS in WNY, but I am also excited to see some respect restored based on a new owner and even more respect *EARNED* on the field if and when that time comes....and this Sunday for all the reasons I just mentioned, is a day when some of that can begin anew with transition to the Pegulas and a WIN over the Pats! Go BILLS! and Go PEGULAS!!!