Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overdorf or no Overdorf, the Bills will need to find a good capologist, regardless. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Overdorf stayed on in that role.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't disagree, but a good capologist who can also play guard would be a bonus!!!

:-)

I never heard anywhere that Brandon was a trustee. And for certain trustees do not automatically get a % of the trust. If they are paid to be the trustee they can be paid a fee. usually in the 1 to 2% range though I'd imagine in this case all the trustees are also benefactors but Russ is not a trustee, though he may be a small benefactor. And BTW executors don't get part of the trust or will either. Again they can be paid a fee, but that's it.

Aren't Littman and Brandon 2 of the four trustees or whatever they were called. If it works like being an executor of a will, they get a % of the trust. I think with a will it is 6%? But, even if it's 1%, I believe that would be 14M to them.

And, I think the ad in the paper is a great idea. I don't have time to take point right now, but I would definitely contribute to that!.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

I never heard anywhere that Brandon was a trustee. And for certain trustees do not automatically get a % of the trust. If they are paid to be the trustee they can be paid a fee. usually in the 1 to 2% range though I'd imagine in this case all the trustees are also benefactors but Russ is not a trustee, though he may be a small benefactor. And BTW executors don't get part of the trust or will either. Again they can be paid a fee, but that's it.

I'm pretty sure he WAS a trustee.

The trustees were Mary Wilson, Mary Owen, Littman, and a lawyer I believe from Detroit. Brandon was not a trustee but directly involved with the trustees and the sale.

And they all did very well given the constraints they had to work with. And much of that money comes back to the community. Who's doubting Ralph now? No one is perfect, but I'm liking the way this has turned out!

Edited by Augie

And they all did very well given the constraints they had to work with. And much of that money comes back to the community. Who's doubting Ralph now? No one is perfect, but I'm liking the way this has turned out!

For an owner who refused to give up control for so long, I just can't believe he wouldn't have overseen the sale personally. It meant the fans twisting in the wind for a while. But in the end, the right person got the team. I'm happy with it.

Regarding Mr. Littmann, and hopefully the truth. Some have theorized over the years that Polians departure was a power struggle with Littmann, and nothing to do with the other rumors. Littmann won, the Bills tanked.Not hard to see why.

From an article on Buffalobills.com December 13, 2011. He (Littmann) will never work for another owner. He follows orders and takes care of all of Ralph's ventures. Not just the Buffalo Bills.

It would be doubtful that Littmann will not be well rewarded ( his parachute will be laden with gold) for all he did for Ralph Wilson Enterprises. And, except for maybe a short period of openng the vaults, to show all the little things not stipulated in the buyers or Trusts agreements (perhaps stipulated in a contract). Littmann will thankfully fade away. The Bills will again become a dominating force, and a FO guy with zero football accumen will be purged from the ranks of Bill football forever,

See ya Jeff.

The looming arrival of the Pegulas as the next owners of the Bills could eventually result in significant changes to the football operations. Graham suggested that, if the Pegulas part ways with coach Doug Marrone after the season, a play could be made for former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who has worked for CBS since resigning after the 2006 season.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/05/bills-sale-expected-to-be-easily-approved-this-week/

Shocking, I was under the impression that the owners would vote down one of the wealthiest (and most liquid) owners in the the league because there is a giant conspiracy to give the team to Jon Bon Jovi and move them to Canada?