EJ addressed the offense in Saturday meeting

FluffHead

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What struck me in the article was how effusive Woods in particular was of EJ having command of the room. I never really bought into the idea that Woods was "demoted" in the preseason because he trashed Manuel in the locker room or whatever that rumor was, but Woods seemed pretty confident in EJ in those bytes.

What struck me in the article was how effusive Woods in particular was of EJ having command of the room. I never really bought into the idea that Woods was "demoted" in the preseason because he trashed Manuel in the locker room or whatever that rumor was, but Woods seemed pretty confident in EJ in those bytes.

even if he did criticize manuel in TC.. Maybe he deserved it, maybe he didn't. But those guys know they are all they have and when it counts they need to have each other's backs. Better to hash it out in TC than the reg season when that stuff can permeate locker rooms.

I am really happy for the whole team and EJ in particular. It just seemed like he was getting overly blasted by the media and by fans who were pronouncing him a bust and basing it on his preseason performances (they'd deny it but it was clear that was the case). Those performances weren't even that bad, they probably just wanted to see him raining touchdowns in those meaningless games as if that mattered. They wanted that security blanket.

I think that this game is a big confidence builder for Manuel and a big giant pelt for his career. The fact that he gave this kind of a speech to his offensive teammates makes me think he just might be the QB we've all been waiting for. Just look at the good but not "great" QBs that have won the Superbowl in recent years...Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning. You don't have to be an all-pro, you just have to have enough talent and a very good team around you to win it all. This might be something that EJ Manuel could actually do. Glad I can say that I never gave up on him. I'm looking forward to see him play even better in the Miami game. Hopefully this is the first win of many!

We really need to give credit to EJ and the rest of the team including the coaches. There has been SO MUCH snark and negativity for most of the preseason through the BS LaConfora article. The Buffalo media has been very tough on EJ parsing every thing that EJ has done in practice and said about him. People have even criticized EJ's positivity.

It is important to remember that EJ is young - both in age and NFL experience. It could have been very easy for EJ and the team to self-combust. They did not.

Did EJ, the team, or the coaches have a perfect game? No. Instead, they won the season opener against a good team, on the road, in a city they have never won.

We can build on that and have a successful season - hopefully without all of the snark and negativity that the Buffalo media and others throw their way.

With the Pegulas hopefully buying the team and the team starting out with a hard won victory on the road, this could be the beginning of the renaissance for which we have been waiting.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

We really need to give credit to EJ and the rest of the team including the coaches. There has been SO MUCH snark and negativity for most of the preseason through the BS LaConfora article. The Buffalo media has been very tough on EJ parsing every thing that EJ has done in practice and said about him. People have even criticized EJ's positivity.

It is important to remember that EJ is young - both in age and NFL experience. It could have been very easy for EJ and the team to self-combust. They did not.

Did EJ, the team, or the coaches have a perfect game? No. Instead, they won the season opener against a good team, on the road, in a city they have never won.

We can build on that and have a successful season - hopefully without all of the snark and negativity that the Buffalo media and others throw their way.

With the Pegulas hopefully buying the team and the team starting out with a hard won victory on the road, this could be the beginning of the renaissance for which we have been waiting.

Just my two cents.

Exactly. Did that look like a team whose coach had lost the locker room? Or lost respect?

People were going over the top with the criticism of EJ and Hackett in the preseason.Looks like they were right and weren't showing anything. I love the leadership EJs showing. I liked the play calling, for the most part. Keep giving EJ a few more opportunities every time he shows he's capable of handling them. This was a huge, huge win for this team. If they can squish the fish next week we could have the start of a good season. GO EJ AND GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Did that look like a team whose coach had lost the locker room? Or lost respect?

Nope. And judging by Robert Woods' play, you could say that Marrone knew exactly how to get the most out of him.

Anyone criticizing the treatment of Woods in the offseason can shut up now.