Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

The Florio report fits nicely into my theory of the only thing that made sense to me, that Saint Doug, because of his experience making chicken salad out of chickenschit with Nassib, thought he could do the same with Tuel and Thad. Whaley gave him the benefit of the doubt (for too long) and finally pulled rank and pulled the plug.

That's still the only thing that makes sense to me.

Or Marrone had been screaming for a veteran backup like Orton and he got Palmer. Reports state the Bills had been trying to sign Orton for a while. My guess is Ralph's bean counters wouldn't pony up. Thus the pissed offedness.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brandon: "i'm at the end of my rope.."

Whaley: "my god.. how will they react when they find young Hackett's been sleeping with the widow Wilson?"

- gradually bring dramatic music up

- cut to Hackett in film room with Orton - fidgeting nervously

- cut to Wilson pacing her dead husband's office - wringing her hands

- top off with crescendo

- and CUT!

an excerpt from this season's first episode of.. 'As the Bills Turn'

:rolleyes:

Apparently the argument started over Urbik at RG, and the scouting dept stating he was a quality player. Marrone disagreed and profanity ensued...

I gotta say I agree with Marrone on this one, and for him to take a stance like that against the Bills scouting dept makes me like him all the more. The current Bills OG situation is sucky at best, and whomever thought OG Chris Williams was a quality pickup needs to be kicked in the groin multiple times, or beheaded. The latter will only result in removing his buttocks.

Its just a shame that Marrone is tied to Hackett, Crossman.

Both are right. Urbik was a quality OG at one point. After one year and one preseason under Marrone, he sucks.

Nassib played pretty well this preseason. The Giants seem happy with him now. As a backup at least.

I was referring to his college play, which somewhat extended to last offseason. He seemed to be a completely different QB this year once he left the altar of his saints.

Or Marrone had been screaming for a veteran backup like Orton and he got Palmer. Reports state the Bills had been trying to sign Orton for a while. My guess is Ralph's bean counters wouldn't pony up. Thus the pissed offedness.

That's the funny part - the speculation on the early 'heated exchange' was that Marrone was pissed they didn't bring in a legit backup QB - now the latest report on the latest 'heated exchange' is the exact opposite, he was pissed exactly because they brought in a legit backup QB.

Again, it's rather obvious from actions and words from several people that Orton was not going to sign until after preseason was over, starters were healthy around the league and the very top dollar was offered. He played it perfectly. I bet the Bills kept offering more and more and he kept turning them down. That's why they brought in Palmer, not knowing if Orton was available and would sign.

I was referring to his college play, which somewhat extended to last offseason. He seemed to be a completely different QB this year once he left the altar of his saints.

He was excellent production wise his senior season. He loved Marrone.

Sounds to me the conflict between Monos & Marrone could be about personnel . Seeing as Marrone wants to move Urbick , could have had something to do with moving Stevie, & more than likely had a bunch of input of the drafting of EJ (which looks to be shaky at best) Monos questions of his personnel choices could have more substance.

So not only did he have a beef with Monos but because Monos was a Whaley hire he has a beef with both , & Brandon stepped in to quite down Homy Marrone (Syracuse alum) then all sides were against each other .

Well thats a fine to do just before the season & great to know that the players heard all the bickering between them at practice ...

Well at least they will have something in common with the Bills of the 90's

"The Bickering Bills" I just hope they can get the rest of it right & Saint Marrone can gloat some more about him self I just hope it's better than .500 cause that really ain't much to brag about in the NFL !!

That's the funny part - the speculation on the early 'heated exchange' was that Marrone was pissed they didn't bring in a legit backup QB - now the latest report on the latest 'heated exchange' is the exact opposite, he was pissed exactly because they brought in a legit backup QB.

:lol:

it's a perfect example of how nuts the speculation gets around here.

Are big egos clashing between leadership positions in Seattle? NE? Denver? Green Bay?......

The easy one is the well documented clash between jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones.

There has been front office/ player conflict reported in the past around tom coughlin...

There were rumors the niners front office was acing issues and looking to move Harbaugh.

It happens with the god and the bad. It's no death-knell.

Brandon: "i'm at the end of my rope.."

Whaley: "my god.. how will they react when they find young Hackett's been sleeping with the widow Wilson?"

- gradually bring dramatic music up

- cut to Hackett in film room with Orton - fidgeting nervously

- cut to Wilson pacing her dead husband's office - wringing her hands

- top off with crescendo

- and CUT!

an excerpt from this season's first episode of.. 'As the Bills Turn'

:rolleyes:

You could make a whole season's tv series of Buffalo, NY and their dysfunctional football team. Need a different title though.

Any suggestions? Rust Belt Blues/ Winter Sundays in Buffalo/ Losing it All in Lackawanna

It reminds me a bit of Herb Brooks in miracle. He picks no names, gets them to buy in and brings in the golden boy to test the cohesion of the team he assembled. We all know how badly that ended.

Edited by 3putt

The easy one is the well documented clash between jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones.

There has been front office/ player conflict reported in the past around tom coughlin...

There were rumors the niners front office was acing issues and looking to move Harbaugh.

It happens with the god and the bad. It's no death-knell.

Thank you. Strong-willed, ego-crazed, sleep-deprived, hyper-competitive he-men at the very top of a cut-throat multi-biliion dollar business in a win-immediately-at-all costs game and society in 90 degree heat and humidity are ARGUING?

That's as hard to believe as Cris Carter saying he was open in the huddle.

of course marrone will be fired

he's tied to manuel and manuel sucks

they wont come close to a winning season this year or next

if he somehow survives this year he wont survive next

the new ownership will hopefully gut the entire front office - ESPECIALLY russ brandon who is the worst thing to ever happen to the bills

(whaley is ok the rest of em up front are do nothing leeches that took advantage of an old man)

Shut up before I stuff you into a locker, Flutie.

It reminds me a bit of Herb Brooks in miracle. He picks no names, gets them to buy in and brings in the golden boy to test the cohesion of the team he assembled. We all know how badly that ended.

Sound waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more like Greggo than it sounds like Herb Brooks.

I do not believe in the accuracy of this reporting at all…BUT…I do believe that there is palpable tension between the personnel people and the HC

The FO (Rookie GM) put the entire organization, the coaching staff and the fans "all-in" on EJ

They doubled it down by insisting it was a matter of weapons so they used 2 #1's on a ridiculously talented WR (that is now injured) and we cannot draft a QB #1 next year.

They further compounded the situation by staying put on the backup QB position and, as many of us suspected, both backups sucked.

Enter Jordan fukng Palmer - Marrone blows a gasket

As a rookie HC in my very first tenure, the last thing I would want to do is get fuk'd over by the FO's over-commitment to a weak draft pick at the most important position. We all say that last year's team was playoff caliber outside of the QB's…I kinda feel Marrone's frustrations. He all too easily can become the fall guy for the FO.

This is why the established veteran winning HC's demand personnel decision making powers.

This would be a non issue if CK was a player day one. I'm not dating he won't then into a solid player for us, but as of now we would all be a little more comfortable with dropping out last 2 rather than next years first. That in top of what still looks like an atrocious offensive line. As far as immediate lay off goes it looks like a wasted pick.

Maybe. But if this was in earshot of the players, I think it is a good thing. The starting lineups were a formality at that point. The message is I can win with these guys. I billieve in them.

"McClanahan!!! You play worse every day and right now you're playing like next week!!!"

lmao. Great line.

This makes sense.

Though that doesn't make it true.