Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

La Confora isn't talking about the same so-called altercation (funny, only one of the reporters present for that one came up with a report, too). The one Rodak tweeted about was on the practice field in front of players. So no, it meant nothing.

Why do you think it is not the same argument?

Arguments are not uncommon within NFL meeting rooms, and disagreements and debate can be healthy, but the nature of this episode -- not quarantined to a back room, and within the vicinity of players at practice -- struck several witnesses as highly unusual, as well as the fact it escalated from one official to the next.

Seems to me this was also on the practice field in front of players.

Edited by Captain Caveman

pretty sure that's not what Marrone said.

jw

also not sure whether Monos was present.

I would doubt that he'd say "fire me" (he may be a big O line guy but he doesn't seem stupid). The Picture that the twitter guy posted didn't have Monos in it, that I could see.

i'm not saying that something didn't happen, or that words were exchanged. i'm told that the word "fired" was never used. it was something else.

jw

...what was it? <_<

Name one non winning season coach that got into multiple reported arguments with his GM/President and didn't get fired.

Unless you think Marrone getting canned is a good thing.

Also, can we take a step back a recognize the HUGE Bills bias towards this story? If this was the Jets or Phins, we'd be calling them dumpster fires, and laughing our way into the season.

You can't tell me with certainty that it doesn't happen else where. Your argument is a zero.

I work with the media. I hate the media (Wawrow, you're cool). I can smell a misleading story from a mile away.

Why do you think it is not the same argument?

Rodak's pic was from the practice field. La Confora's story supposedly took place inside offices.

It's unfortunate that reporters can hide behind statements like "sources around the league" and never have to come up with one concrete piece of evidence for a story. That "St. Doug" nonsense is so out there one can only imagine that if it was even said in the first place it was in jest or in a moment of frustration.

Remember how Dareus stood up there and gave a heartfelt statement about how much he loves playing for Marrone?

Things don't add up, people.

I'll wait for Kirby to provide some more insight.

Rodak's pic was from the practice field. La Confora's story supposedly took place inside offices.

One of us is misreading the article. I'm pretty sure it's you. He's saying it was not in a back room, but "within the vicinity of players at practice."

Arguments are not uncommon within NFL meeting rooms, and disagreements and debate can be healthy, but the nature of this episode -- not quarantined to a back room, and within the vicinity of players at practice -- struck several witnesses as highly unusual, as well as the fact it escalated from one official to the next.

jw

jw

Don't ruin the fun of gross speculation with your inside knowldge John.

Not damage control, there are issues. I don't have the details (yet) but this story as it's told isn't accurate.

With all due respect on this one, even if your source is Russ Brandon himself what else is he going to say?

"Yeah Kirby the coach walks around calling himself Saint Doug. It's pretty crazy! Things are a mess!"

...what was it? <_<

You can't tell me with certainty that it doesn't happen else where. Your argument is a zero.

I work with the media. I hate the media (Wawrow, you're cool). I can smell a misleading story from a mile away.

Can you tell me with certainty that it does happen elsewhere? Why aren't there misleading stories about every team?

The only thing I know, is that when arguments get REPORTED between a 6-10 coach and his bosses, it means a firing is imminent. Ask Chudzinski.

You're argument is basically, "you don't have 100% proof that this means something, so I don't care." No one has 100% proof on anything. You're just trying to downplay everything that happens and is reported for some odd reason.

...what was it? <_<

So it was leaked by a Bills employee? :thumbdown: