Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

I think Marrone is on the right track.

Going into the season I had a fair amount of hope. After the draft, my hope evolved into confidence that the Bills were going to make positive strides this year and push for the playoffs. Then in the pre-season the confidence quickly devolved into realistic optimism, then then realistic expectations, then faint hope, and now...

I am in full blown pray and hope for a mircale mode. No confidence, no hope. Just pray that beginning on Sunday something snaps in these guys and they come out like gangbusters and keep it going for the season. That's all I have left now, irrational prayers being answered. Not a good way to go into the season.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all we know, the players love Doug for yelling at a couple of pansies in the front office in front of them.

I'd be more worried if there wasn't an urgency to win right now. And they weren't passionate about their jobs. And Marrone wasn't afraid to lose his job to stand up for what he believes in.

Some people are able to channel that passion and fever and conviction into results, others let it consume them. We will find out after a few weeks which kind of guy Marrone is. He hasn't proven himself to be an NFL coach yet. This is his chance.

The "Bickering Bills" which is partly myth and partly fact was a case of ultra-competitive teammates fighting with one another. It was set off when certain Bills decided others were not giving their all or playing to their full potential. It was fueled by a burning desire to win by a whole bunch of champions. Even if they never won a Superbowl.

What we have now is much different than that. This sounds like FO pressure being put on Marrone to play certain guys despite those guys not warranting playing time. Marrone wants to put the best team on the field that he can find. The FO is pressuring him to give harder looks to failed, relatively high draft picks. Or guys earning a lot of money. You know, so the FO doesn't look like a bunch of idiots.

That is my guess at least as to what is likely behind all this.

Its' not good, it will not help unite the team, and this is not a case of the "Bickering Bills".

By the way, this precise political fight between FO and coaching is common in all sports, and certainly hockey.

The coach wants to play the hard working overachiever because he gets results, but he wasn't even drafted and works for peanuts. That will make the GM/scouting department look bad b/c the highly paid 2nd rounder has to sit as a result. The FO doesn't want to allow that to happen, and so players are played based on politics and in-fighting, not performance on the field/ice/court.

I think that is what's going on here.

I would agree with you, except for the inability to use Spiller effectively. Also, and this is the big one, explain to me Woods over Hogan. Both these personnel decisions deserve FO intervention. At least in terms of explanation, because none of us can possibly find a sliver of it.

Whomever the frig chose EJ Manuel and decided to double down on him by not having a first round pick next year should be fired. If they all agreed on it, then they should all be fired. fault # 1 borderline skeptical move was drafting him then not giving him competition and treating him like a baby was fault #2 then getting rid of your 2015 first round pick as well as 2014 first round pick to get him a weapon is fault #3.

The real issue here is not Marrone's temper, but the fact that he is clearly not on the same page with the FO. "Obviously" the FO does not approve of Marrone's handling of the personnel. I can't think of many successful organizations where the HC and the FO are not just not on the same page, but actively at war with each other. I'm guessing Marrone's odds for being the first coach fired this year just went through the roof.

Whomever the frig chose EJ Manuel and decided to double down on him by not having a first round pick next year should be fired. If they all agreed on it, then they should all be fired. fault # 1 borderline skeptical move was drafting him then not giving him competition and treating him like a baby was fault #2 then getting rid of your 2015 first round pick as well as 2014 first round pick to get him a weapon is fault #3.

And so the attempted morph in to an anti-EJ thread begins. :doh: Save it for the many other places on TSW please.

sdINQ14.png

Sure--they were all laughing about it and then got into a tickle fight and everyone was just so funny!!

I guess that public screaming match on the sidelines was just Marrone showing his displeasure for Russ substituting tater tots for hash browns at the training table.

And so the attempted morph in to an anti-EJ thread begins. :doh: Save it for the many other places on TSW please.

its where the stress of the organization starts. It's not like the defense is stressing out the club. Seem to be all positive signs. Yes some Jerry Hughes yelling but that got controlled. I think the pressure of this season perhaps not going so well and you just cannot draft a top 5-10 QB next year in a draft that could have Winston, Mariota etc. and so on and with new ownership, the first thing they will see is how the F did we get in this situation and probably heads being cut. I think going into preseason they were very optimistic but optimism seems to have faded by watching Manuel be stagnant over a year's time in practice and preseason and signs show more for a poor showing to start the season and jobs on the line which starts this stuff.

It's amusing how the doom and gloomers read the title of the thread and automatically start spewing the negative crap without actually reading any of the info to see what really happened. Honestly, I am as sick of the past fourteen years of losing as anyone and maybe some heated exchanges are exactly what this team needs for things to change. There is no question this team is the most talented in 10+ years and I am excited to see if we can finally turn the corner.

It's amusing how the doom and gloomers read the title of the thread and automatically start spewing the negative crap without actually reading any of the info to see what really happened. Honestly, I am as sick of the past fourteen years of losing as anyone and maybe some heated exchanges are exactly what this team needs for things to change. There is no question this team is the most talented in 10+ years and I am excited to see if we can finally turn the corner.

I read it. The La Canfora article was pretty straight forward.

Oh...you mean the spin that they team is feeding Tim Graham. Yeah, read that too