How long do you give EJ

How long do you give EJ?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do you give EJ to prove himself this season?

• As soon as he starts to struggle
    • Until bye week (8 games)
    • The full season

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if EJ looks good...not great but good, like his accuracy percentage is up 8 or 10 points, along with his QB rating, and his TD to INT ratio is in the middle of the pack, but the team is heading for the 6-10 to 8-8 range? Pretty easy sitting a guy who's a total screwup and a lot harder if he's "showing signs of improvement." I'd much prefer he was clearly bad or clearly good than being just okay. But that's what I'm most afraid of, that he'll improve just enough to justify sticking with him another year.

What if EJ looks good...not great but good, like his accuracy percentage is up 8 or 10 points, along with his QB rating, and his TD to INT ratio is in the middle of the pack, but the team is heading for the 6-10 to 8-8 range? Pretty easy sitting a guy who's a total screwup and a lot harder if he's "showing signs of improvement." I'd much prefer he was clearly bad or clearly good than being just okay. But that's what I'm most afraid of, that he'll improve just enough to justify sticking with him another year.

I swear we had a GM in town that ran his hockey team that way. B)

So lets demote the inexperienced actual EJ for the experienced EJ named Orton? Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

It all depends on how bad he looks in the games. If there's improvement, you keep going, even if they're losing. If he's stalled, then they should pull him by midseason.

People who are saying they want to automatically give him the whole season are fooling themselves.

If the guy comes out playing really bad football consistently week after week, Marrone is not going to give EJ the whole season. That would be career suicide. He will probably lose his job anyway if that happens, but it would be like having a thug pull a gun on you, then you say "hey wait a minute" and pull out a big knife to stab yourself to death with before he shoots you. It would be stupid.

If EJ shows promise and looks like he is improving after a few games, then I think he will get the whole year and probably should get the whole year. But if he sucks out of the gate and keeps sucking, then no friggin way.

How much time EJ gets is ultimately up to EJ because its his job to lose .He doesn't turn into a superstar overnight he just needs to show he is improving with the playing time hes being given and make more good plays than bad plays and the last thing he can afford is to make no plays .

Why do football teams have 11 players when winning and losing depends on just one guy?

the QB is everything! Which is why Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Eli manning, joe Flacco, jay cutler, RG3, tony romo and matt stafford all watched the playoffs from the comfort of their own homes last year.

the QB is everything! Which is why Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Eli manning, joe Flacco, jay cutler, RG3, tony romo and matt stafford all watched the playoffs from the comfort of their own homes last year.

Don't blockers have to block? WRs catch the ball? RBs gain yards? While QB is vital this whole notion that QBs alone decide who wins and loses is nonsense. Teams win, not individual players. Putting all on the QB is just dumbing down the discussion.

Edited by PromoTheRobot