How long do you give EJ

How long do you give EJ?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do you give EJ to prove himself this season?

• As soon as he starts to struggle
    • Until bye week (8 games)
    • The full season

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you care to explain this probability with some reasoning?

That could be taken several ways. It could be the ol' Kneejay knock or an indictment on the offensive line...

Either way I will say that physically EJ has improved... you can tell he's stronger this year so hopefully he'll stay healthy.

Bench him if he continues to look inept. Believe it or not the Bills aren't all about EJ. The entire offense needs to develop not just EJ. If Orton can deliver the ball better and give our receivers half a chance than I'm all for it. It's not the rest of the teams fault that the Bills drafted EJ in the first when the could have got him in the second. Lets get this ship moving in the right direction. If Manuel can't do then get Orton in there and we start looking for a different qb answer next off season.

Thank you Bills fans, I needed that. As I clicked in to TSW, the thought crossed my mind, "Wonder what is happening on today's version of Bash EJ?" I then clicked on this poll, and voted intelligently for 'give him the season,' but was scared to see the results. Ecstatic that sanity narrowly prevailed.

It's safe to say EJ will be better than this board thinks.

I forsee some trickery. Miss-direction plays aplenty. Goodwin option passes-- Sammy Watkins on the reverse. Then Fred power up the middle to keep them honest.

Manuel's inability to throw moving to his right is a big problem. So let's avoid it.

We'll see the option play. Maybe a Wildcat.

Yes, this should be regarded as his rookie season with next year the year he really needs to show progress.

Two questions:

1. Why should we consider this his rookie season?

2. So if he were to start all year and look like Ryan Leaf down the stretch, why would you give him another season as the unquestioned starter?

I picked the full season choice, but I guess it really depends on the size of the struggle.

If EJ looks bad for a game and throws a couple picks, it's not time to panic. If he looks like a bottom-tier QB for a few weeks in a row, I wouldn't blame the staff for trying to save their jobs.

This makes most sense. If he's playing OK but nothing to "wow" but team is 3-5 or something, i dont see the need to throw in Orton. If we are 3-5 and 2 or 3 of those loses, the D played great, RB's and OL did jobs but EJ was off target, has key turnovers and basically loses us games we SHOULD have won if we had a solid game manager type like Orton would be. Then, yes. I'd pull plug and think with a stiffling D, solid weapons all around at WR and RB and a QB that makes right reads, doesnt turn ball over and can be accurate and make the main throws, this could be the difference from 6-10 and 9-7 (if the D is top notch and running game is working successfully)

I don't advocate ditching EJ until it is obvious that he is the problem. At the moment it is not obvious to me that is the case. The offense hasn't functioned in pre-season at all (that goes way beyond EJ). Let's see what happens on Sunday. Anyone who has watched Kyle Orton play in the league knows that he isn't a "win games on his own" Quarterback either. So if the offense isn't functioning I don't see him being any more likely to deliver us wins than EJ.

First guy I get rid of is Hackett, not EJ

If I'm Marrone, I'm not waiting too long to make a switch at QB. Hes coaching for his job and auditioning for the next owner. If EJ's body language doesn't look right coming out of the tunnel I'd cut him right then and there. NEXT!

I'm already tired of the mouth guard stuck in the face mask. But i think I'll deal with it if he throws for points.

As a rookie QB last season, EJ didn't suck consistently for weeks. He usually followed up poor games with stronger performances so I'm not sure where comments like this are coming from. Are you expecting him to regress this season?

There was an "If" in there. I don't expect EJ to suck consistently for weeks. I just think that's the only possibility that should lead to him being benched.

I think Orton has played enough in the NFL that we know where's he's ceiling is at. Apparently, most franchises feel the same. And it's just not high enough. EJ is still an unsolved mystery. Unless he does regress, which happens, I'd like him to stay under center all season.