Would you, right now, trade EJ for Tannehill straight up?

FireChan

If you're going to respond you should do it in the other thread. Thanks in advance.

Actually the sad yet humorous traits are consistent in other threads too. I can see the smug smirk when you inch that post count with self proclaimed "brilliance"...

On this thread though- I can't imagine any fan being happy with this hypothetical trade. Wether you're anti ej or not, do you really believe the fins would bench the guy if he's the answer.... For Moore??

Trade for a proven guy for the love of Pete.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the sad yet humorous traits are consistent in other threads too. I can see the smug smirk when you inch that post count with self proclaimed "brilliance"...

On this thread though- I can't imagine any fan being happy with this hypothetical trade. Wether you're anti ej or not, do you really believe the fins would bench the guy if he's the answer.... For Moore??

Trade for a proven guy for the love of Pete.

What's the hang up with the post count? That's the second or third time you've mentioned it.

Topic title.

Seeing as Bills fans tend to overrate QB's that we don't see regularly (i.e. Every QB available right now), I would like to know your opinion on a QB we have at least all seen a couple times.

Personally, I believe the Phins are a train wreck. I believe that without Tannehill, they don't sniff 4 wins. As such, I would swap them straight up. Tanny has had monster games, outdueled Brady etc. Clearly he's had some stinkers, as shown by that shutout against us. Still, I believe that every single unit on his team is worse than ours, and his offensive line has been putrid.

So, who do you got?

Yes.

I don't love Tannehill's game.....he reminds me a great deal of Drew Bledsoe.

But he is a more natural passer of the football and he has played behind a very poor OL and has had very little help from his backfield.

I tend to think he would be better than EJ now and likely for the next few years given Buffalo's supporting cast. The Bills OL isn't great but it's pretty good at protecting the QB and the Bills RB's are exceptional.

My take on EJ has been that he is a long range developmental prospect and his ceiling is not platinum so he's not a precious commodity to me.

I'm not sure he is actually getting better right now. The snaps may yield dividends later and that's why you give them but you'd hope he was answering the biggest questions and he is definitely not.

The one thing he is good at is not turning the football over. That's not much to hang your hat on. Otherwise he is so mechanical....and yet streaky.....that it's hard to see anything special developing.

Tanneyhill is being dragged through the streets toward the guillotine as we speak... IF he gets the start in London, He'd better not eff up, or it's OFF WITH HIS HEAD! -Done. -Finito. Number 8 will be right back in the mix.

The fishies don't sound like they're putting up with the BS this year.

Yes.

I don't love Tannehill's game.....he reminds me a great deal of Drew Bledsoe.

But he is a more natural passer of the football and he has played behind a very poor OL and has had very little help from his backfield.

I tend to think he would be better than EJ now and likely for the next few years given Buffalo's supporting cast. The Bills OL isn't great but it's pretty good at protecting the QB and the Bills RB's are exceptional.

My take on EJ has been that he is a long range developmental prospect and his ceiling is not platinum so he's not a precious commodity to me.

I'm not sure he is actually getting better right now. The snaps may yield dividends later and that's why you give them but you'd hope he was answering the biggest questions and he is definitely not.

The one thing he is good at is not turning the football over. That's not much to hang your hat on. Otherwise he is so mechanical....and yet streaky.....that it's hard to see anything special developing.

I can't disagree with a word of what you said about EJ. However, do you take into account the fact that you have less than a season of football to use as evidence? I think that gets away from too many Bills fans. Not many QBs achieve greatness in their first 13 games; and even those who've turned out to be great didn't make it obvious that they would that early in their careers.

I can't disagree with a word of what you said about EJ. However, do you take into account the fact that you have less than a season of football to use as evidence? I think that gets away from too many Bills fans. Not many QBs achieve greatness in their first 13 games; and even those who've turned out to be great didn't make it obvious that they would that early in their careers.

But that's not the question Gug. It's taking what Tanny's done vs. the relative unknown of EJ. The lack of evidence is a part of the question, not the answer.

But that's not the question Gug. It's taking what Tanny's done vs. the relative unknown of EJ. The lack of evidence is a part of the question, not the answer.

I already answered. I wouldn't trade EJ for Tanny. I wouldn't even trade Orton for Tanny.

I already answered. I wouldn't trade EJ for Tanny. I wouldn't even trade Orton for Tanny.

I realize that. But you saying, "do you take into account the lack of evidence," is superfluous when the question Badol is responding to is based on the lack of evidence.

I understand the disappointment with EJs progression thus far. I expected more for someone we took in the 1st round that we could have possibly got in the 2nd. However Losman and Fitz each got 3 years worth of leash and it's disappointing that so many are quick to give up on EJ after one partial season.

By the way, where are the "I miss Losman" threads? He had a beard at one point. I guess Fitz's was just so darn magical, it's hard to let go.