Would you, right now, trade EJ for Tannehill straight up?

FireChan

1-4 vs the bills middling d, third year qb with a 78.6 passer rating after 35 games... About to be benched for Matt Moore, despite being 8th overall .... I enjoyed the 10 of 27 for 82 yards last year v buffalo losing 19 zip? Bonus is he is a veritable pick/fumble machine....

This seems like an absolute home run for the bills. Downgrade ours and upgrade theirs. Should we lobby to throw Watkins in to sweeten the deal?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As are any post agreeing to swap EJ for him. We always hate what we have, and blindly love what other teams have. Dude is terrible, even bringing his college coach along couldnt help him.

As you can see, my posts on this topic have been filled with rational points, not "eye tests" or other nonsense. Yours, on the other hand, consists of nothing but "he's terrible" with no evidence. Have you even seen him play outside of a couple bad Bills games?

I've heard we have the best talent in the AFC East, outside of the QB position. Tannehill went 8-8 with a worse team than ours. That makes him a dumpster fire?

1-4 vs the bills middling d, third year qb with a 78.6 passer rating after 35 games... About to be benched for Matt Moore, despite being 8th overall .... I enjoyed the 10 of 27 for 82 yards last year v buffalo losing 19 zip? Bonus is he is a veritable pick/fumble machine....

This seems like an absolute home run for the bills. Downgrade ours and upgrade theirs. Should we lobby to throw Watkins in to sweeten the deal?

This is a post that ones from having watched a few games of a players career. Why not just say you haven't seen enough of him to make a conclusion. You can cherry pick EJ by the same standards with the Tampa and Steelers game last year and say he's the worst QB ever. Or even the Chargers game this year.

As you can see, my posts on this topic have been filled with rational points, not "eye tests" or other nonsense. Yours, on the other hand, consists of nothing but "he's terrible" with no evidence. Have you even seen him play outside of a couple bad Bills games?

I've heard we have the best talent in the AFC East, outside of the QB position. Tannehill went 8-8 with a worse team than ours. That makes him a dumpster fire?

This is a post that ones from having watched a few games of a players career. Why not just say you haven't seen enough of him to make a conclusion. You can cherry pick EJ by the same standards with the Tampa and Steelers game last year and say he's the worst QB ever. Or even the Chargers game this year.

His overall career averages are poorer than the current bills qb in over almost three times the number of games.

There are a lot of Qb's that would put the bills in better shape today than what they have. It's tough to understand how Tanny is one.

Wilson, keap, Ben, Flacco, rivers I mean yeah this isn't even debatable. Freeman, Vick, rg3, Ok there is at least something upon which to base an argument there. The guy losing his job to Matt Moore?? Other than a better track record of durability thus far I don't see another favorable trade off advantage.

Just don't get it.

His overall career averages are poorer than the current bills qb in over almost three times the number of games.

There are a lot of Qb's that would put the bills in better shape today than what they have. It's tough to understand how Tanny is one.

Wilson, keap, Ben, Flacco, rivers I mean yeah this isn't even debatable. Freeman, Vick, rg3, Ok there is at least something upon which to base an argument there. The guy losing his job to Matt Moore?? Other than a better track record of durability thus far I don't see another favorable trade off advantage.

Just don't get it.

His career TD average? Worse than ours? Really?

As you can see, my posts on this topic have been filled with rational points.

That is your own opinion about the posts you write.

Your entire OP is nothing but your opinion. I'll comb through the thread for any others...

Edit: Just went through the thread. You make your original post which is just you saying EJ sucks in more words, and then the rest of your posts are retorting anyone that disagrees. So this is resolved as far as Im concerened. I think Tannehill sucks, you think EJ sucks. Fair enough.

Edited by DrDareustein

Just don't get it.

Sounds to me like you just hate white QBs.

That is your own opinion about the posts you write.

Your entire OP is nothing but your opinion. I'll comb through the thread for any others...

Edit: Just went through the thread. You make your original post which is just you saying EJ sucks in more words, and then the rest of your posts are retorting anyone that disagrees. So this is resolved as far as Im concerened. I think Tannehill sucks, you think EJ sucks. Fair enough.

I don't think EJ sucks. I just think Tanny is better. That isn't an "irrational love of other team's QB's."

His stats are better than EJ's, they speak for themselves.

Edited by FireChan

I don't think EJ sucks. I just think Tanny is better. That isn't an "irrational love of other team's QB's."

Can you show me where his overall stats are better than EJ?

In almost 3x as many games as EJ, this is what I find for Tannehill on Pro-Football reference.com

EJ is better in:

Completion %

TD %

INT %

Yard per attempt

Adjusted Yards per attempt

Yard per catch

QB rating

EJ has more rushing yards per game. More rushing TD's per game and takes less sacks.

Tannehill averages more yards per game

So, you are right that the stats do speak for themselves and they say that you are wrong.

If you say no then you're basically hoping that EJ makes the same improvement as Tannehill in year two and continues to get better. It's a tough call. I don't think Tannehill will become some top 10 QB either so what am I really trying to accomplish with this.

I'm going to stick with my previous answer.

Have a look at the stats! EJ has the edge in all but one statistical category(and more than a full season less experience). You can't just make stuff up and hope you are right. There is an entire internet out there ready to prove you wrong when you do that.

Tannehill/EJ

Comp%: 59.1/59.8

YPA: 6.5/6.6

YPG: 223.7/198.8

TD%: 3.3/3.6

INT%: 2.7/2.5

Sacks/game: 2.9/2.5

Rush YPG: 13.3/18.1

Rush TD/game: 0.09/0.23

QBR: 78.1/80.6

Have a look at the stats! EJ has the edge in all but one statistical category(and more than a full season less experience). You can't just make stuff up and hope you are right. There is an entire internet out there ready to prove you wrong when you do that.

Tannehill/EJ

35 career starts/13 career starts

Can you show me where his overall stats are better than EJ?

In almost 3x as many games as EJ, this is what I find for Tannehill on Pro-Football reference.com

EJ is better in:

Completion %

TD %

INT %

Yard per attempt

Adjusted Yards per attempt

Yard per catch

QB rating

EJ has more rushing yards per game. More rushing TD's per game and takes less sacks.

Tannehill averages more yards per game

So, you are right that the stats do speak for themselves and they say that you are wrong.

Well see, that's interesting. In percentages, Ryan Tannehill does worse. In seasons, Tanny does better.

Do you think EJ will eclipse 24 TD's this year? Tanny did. Is EJ playing behind the worst O-line in the NFL this year? Probably not. Tanny had a 50.4 QBR his rookie season, compared to EJ's 42.3. Second year, Tanny had 45.8 whereas EJ (so far) has 31.1.

Tannehill/EJ

That's the wrong QBR.

Tanny threw for almost 4k. Will EJ?

Edited by FireChan

Well see, that's interesting. In percentages, Ryan Tannehill does worse. In seasons, Tanny does better.

Do you think EJ will eclipse 24 TD's this year? Tanny did. Is EJ playing behind the worst O-line in the NFL this year? Probably not. Tanny had a 50.4 QBR his rookie season, compared to EJ's 42.3. Second year, Tanny had 45.8 whereas EJ (so far) has 31.1.

That's the wrong QBR.

No it isn't. It is the standard QuarterBack Rating used for decades.

ESPN's Total QBR can't be calculated for careers unless ESPN decide to start doing it(which they don't).

Nice try at deflecting from your eroneous statement earlier. Now, repeat after me "I was wrong."

No it isn't. It is the standard QuarterBack Rating used for decades.

ESPN's Total QBR can't be calculated for careers unless ESPN decide to start doing it(which they don't).

Nice try at deflecting from your eroneous statement earlier. Now, repeat after me "I was wrong."

QBR and passer rating are not the same thing.

The stats tell me, that Tanny has put up better season numbers than EJ. Is that wrong? Is 27 TD's worse than 11? Is 3,900 yards worse than 1,900? Is 8-8 with a less talented team worse than 4-6 with better talent?

Edited by FireChan