Other Teams scraps...QB Cuts? Games to watch for QB's on the bubbl

MClem06

While hating the fact that we may have to roam through other peoples garbage to "upgrade" our QB backup position, I was just looking at teams that have Depth at the QB position that would be a possible scrap heap for the Bills if Palmer looks like dookie tonight. Since It's only preseason this may be a good reason to watch teams other than the Bills for these "on the bubble" Players:

Baltimore: Keith Wenning 3rd stringer - Bad show so far but former 10000 yard college career at Ball state. Won against Miami threw 6 tds in the game.

Washington: Colt McCoy - former starter for the brownies we all know the story here, undersized but big heart.

Cincy: AJ MCCarron or Matt Scott - the Bungles have 4 QB's right now so there will be opportunity here to watch how they play in their last chance.

Pitt: Landry Jones will probably end up being a PS guy and he looked horrible in their last outing.

Colts: Chandler Harnish - They've been reserving this guy , no nfl game exp to speak of but threw a td and 180 yds in this years preseason games so far.

Titans: Zack Mettenberger - Developmental guy 3rd string no exp.

Broncos: Zac Dysert - if they only keep 2 QB's.. which they may want 3 since Manning is up there in age.

Cheifs - They have 4 QB's and Chase Daniel is their back up which could change. Tyler Bray & Aaron Murray are the options behind Daniel.

Raiders - Trent Edwards... Just checking to see if you were still reading. No thanks, Capt checkdown can get cut and play arena football. He's 4th on their depth chart.

Giants - Curtis Painter - Some real game exp - 8 games started for Indy 1500 yds 6tds 9ints ...

Eagles - Matt Barkley (listed as 3rd str) starting their 4th preseason game

Lions - We'll get a look at their 3rd stringer Kellen Moore tonight, but so far this preseason he's at a 115 passer rating not too shabby.

Vikings- Ponder - NFL experience , may end up chopped if they don't trade him.

Pats - Mallet - Pats evidently have been looking to get something for him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While hating the fact that we may have to roam through other peoples garbage to "upgrade" our QB backup position, I was just looking at teams that have Depth at the QB position that would be a possible scrap heap for the Bills if Palmer looks like dookie tonight. Since It's only preseason this may be a good reason to watch teams other than the Bills for these "on the bubble" Players:

Baltimore: Keith Wenning 3rd stringer - Bad show so far but former 10000 yard college career at Ball state. Won against Miami threw 6 tds in the game.

Washington: Colt McCoy - former starter for the brownies we all know the story here, undersized but big heart.

Cincy: AJ MCCarron or Matt Scott - the Bungles have 4 QB's right now so there will be opportunity here to watch how they play in their last chance.

Pitt: Landry Jones will probably end up being a PS guy and he looked horrible in their last outing.

Colts: Chandler Harnish - They've been reserving this guy , no nfl game exp to speak of but threw a td and 180 yds in this years preseason games so far.

Titans: Zack Mettenberger - Developmental guy 3rd string no exp.

Broncos: Zac Dysert - if they only keep 2 QB's.. which they may want 3 since Manning is up there in age.

Cheifs - They have 4 QB's and Chase Daniel is their back up which could change. Tyler Bray & Aaron Murray are the options behind Daniel.

Raiders - Trent Edwards... Just checking to see if you were still reading. No thanks, Capt checkdown can get cut and play arena football. He's 4th on their depth chart.

Giants - Curtis Painter - Some real game exp - 8 games started for Indy 1500 yds 6tds 9ints ...

Eagles - Matt Barkley (listed as 3rd str) starting their 4th preseason game

Lions - We'll get a look at their 3rd stringer Kellen Moore tonight, but so far this preseason he's at a 115 passer rating not too shabby.

Vikings- Ponder - NFL experience , may end up chopped if they don't trade him.

Pats - Mallet - Pats evidently have been looking to get something for him.

If Mettenberger were to be cut (extremely, extremely unlikely) I would be on the phone with his agent before he even turned in his playbook. He would be starting by about week 6 IMO.

I would take a chance on any of the KC guys as well.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The guy I would focus on is Matt Barkley in Philly. Having seen him in his USC days I feel he has good decision making ability. If it was not for his injury in his senior year he would have gone a lot higher than the 4th round.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/08/matt_barkley_or_gj_kinne_who_is_better_suited_to_be_eagles_third-string_quarterback.html

I gotta tell ya, if we are talking initially a third string QB there are a few of those guys I would be interested in.

Quick question, and I don't believe there is a chance of this happening and I don't like him as an option at QB, but how many of you would swap TJ for Mallet given that both teams are trying to dump these guys?

I gotta tell ya, if we are talking initially a third string QB there are a few of those guys I would be interested in.

Quick question, and I don't believe there is a chance of this happening and I don't like him as an option at QB, but how many of you would swap TJ for Mallet given that both teams are trying to dump these guys?

The last thing I would want to see is TJ tearing up our secondary

i'd be fine with mallet, barkley or ponder. mostly interested in mallet i thought he was a good choice coming out of college. he's spent enough time learning from marcia to have at least picked up some good hair care tricks if not that TD scoring fun. Both are much needed on this team

If Mettenberger were to be cut (extremely, extremely unlikely) I would be on the phone with his agent before he even turned in his playbook. He would be starting by about week 6 IMO.

I would take a chance on any of the KC guys as well.

Just think if the bIlls had made the move for Alex Smith when he was available?

Now we all witnessed his first 5 years in the league. he had issues and in a way still does. But, now if Smith as a bIll was starting, and

The team had the luxury to let EJ learn how to play football for a couple of years on the bench.

This team would be sniffing the playoffs right now. This team with a guy like Smith while not elite

Would easily be the best QB on the team in years. it would have been interesting at the very least.