Bon Joke'ie

CSBill

Okay, this is the fans "get to gloat" thread.

All indications are that Buffalo's Public Enemy #1 is going down in flames. And, although I'm sure he would be fun to know and hang out with (I was going to say, "this isn't personal" - but really, that would be a lie, and that is also what Mr. BJ never figured out, it is very personal for all of us), I for one, couldn't be happier. But not because of his demise; rather, because in this case, the FANS HAVE WON!

Yes, it is a rare occasion when we the lowly fans are able to raise our voice in unison and effect the actions of multimillionaires—who are used to getting what they want, when they want it. But not this time!

In my mind, BJ was done when I found out he was on the Giants sidelines in Super Bowl 25, and no doubt celebrating at the end. Enough said. And how ironic, that his last ditch effort, a true Hail Mary if there ever was one, was to approach Jim Kelly about joining him. . . . Nope BJ, pass incomplete, game over.

Well, that's my gloat, first victory of the season, and the MVP are the fans of the Buffalo Bills! Way to go gang, proud to be a part of you.

Your turn: Gloat away . . .

I've learned my lesson being a Bills fan over the years not to celebrate before the time clock hits zero. So until I see TP standing at the podium announcing " from this point forward, the Buffalo Bills reason for existence is to win the superbowl" , I won't be convinced

Truer words have never been spoken. well, they have but these are pretty good too............

All indications are that Buffalo's Public Enemy #1 is going down in flames. And, although I'm sure he would be fun to know and hang out with (I was going to say, "this isn't personal" - but really, that would be a lie, and that is also what Mr. BJ never figured out, it is very personal for all of us), I for one, couldn't be happier. But not because of his demise; rather, because in this case, the FANS HAVE WON!

Yes, it is a rare occasion when we the lowly fans are able to raise our voice in unison and effect the actions of multimillionaires—who are used to getting what they want, when they want it. But not this time!

In my mind, BJ was done when I found out he was on the Giants sidelines in Super Bowl 25, and no doubt celebrating at the end. Enough said. And how ironic, that his last ditch effort, a true Hail Mary if there ever was one, was to approach Jim Kelly about joining him. . . . Nope BJ, pass incomplete, game over.

Well, that's my gloat, first victory of the season, and the MVP are the fans of the Buffalo Bills! Way to go gang, proud to be a part of you.

i too, remember him congratulating the giants after the win on some show the next day, always stuck with me..

I would suggest not gloating until the sale is final... BJ has big friends in the NFL...

Probably not enough for him to win the race but he isn't out until he's out....

I think you would be surprised. Many owners (aside from Jerrah) think Buffalo should stay in Buffalo. I know Arthrur Blank of the Falcons thinks otherwise, he was quoted something along the lines of Buffalo should stay in Buffalo

he was never anything more than a pawn to raise the selling price so Morgan Stanley doesn't feel completely criminal when they skim $50 million off of this deal. its been Pegula all along, as it should be. $1.2b is my guess.

still don't understand why Ralph didn't just handle this circus himself instead of putting it all on his widow. my guess is he just couldnt bear to see it end, in the same way Steve Jobs kept building his ridiculous mega yacht despite the fact that he knew he wouldn't be around to enjoy it.

either way, the Bills stay put, and all the worry about them leaving goes away.

personally i would remove all the corporate boxes and send a message to the NFL that we prefer the tradition of football played and watched in the great outdoors with fair ticket prices and real fans. keep the stadium, don't sell the naming rights ( so cheesy ) and lets play some football.

I've learned my lesson being a Bills fan over the years not to celebrate before the time clock hits zero. So until I see TP standing at the podium announcing " from this point forward, the Buffalo Bills reason for existence is to win the superbowl" , I won't be convinced

This~ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I refuse to gloat until Pegs has complete ownership, and even then I'll worry about his health.

Being a Bills fan for as long as I have, I have learned that even an almost sure thing can go sideways! The Bills were an early 20 point favorites against the NY Giants, and everyone I knew gave them no chance to win because they starting QB Phil Simms was out injured. Yeah that's right, back up QB Jeff Hostetler beat the Bills in the SB....who? The Giants managed to beat the highest scoring team in the NFL by keeping the ball away by running with a washed up RB in OJ Anderson who managed to get the MVP.

With our luck... Larry Page and his 32 billions will align himself with JBJ. Win the bid, and pay the 400 million in penalties to move the team to Toronto in a three years. Buffalo will never see another NFL team should that happen.

It's been my feeling this entire journey that there was nothing to worry about. I have absolutely no proof to backup what I'm saying other than it really is playing out so far. We can talk Pegula, Trump JBJ, Goodell, friends in the NFL, Morgan Stanley trying to get the most money, etc etc etc. I believe Ralph wanted the team to stay and Mary and her team are carrying out his wishes. If I'm right and that's true, literally Nothing else matters.

I think you would be surprised. Many owners (aside from Jerrah) think Buffalo should stay in Buffalo. I know Arthrur Blank of the Falcons thinks otherwise, he was quoted something along the lines of Buffalo should stay in Buffalo

I don't care what Jerry thinks, the City of Buffalo should definitely not relocate. Is there another county that wants to buy it?

he was never anything more than a pawn to raise the selling price so Morgan Stanley doesn't feel completely criminal when they skim $50 million off of this deal. its been Pegula all along, as it should be. $1.2b is my guess.

still don't understand why Ralph didn't just handle this circus himself instead of putting it all on his widow. my guess is he just couldnt bear to see it end, in the same way Steve Jobs kept building his ridiculous mega yacht despite the fact that he knew he wouldn't be around to enjoy it.

either way, the Bills stay put, and all the worry about them leaving goes away.

personally i would remove all the corporate boxes and send a message to the NFL that we prefer the tradition of football played and watched in the great outdoors with fair ticket prices and real fans. keep the stadium, don't sell the naming rights ( so cheesy ) and lets play some football.

That would be great. While they are at it the Bills should ask for "suggested donations" instead of ticket prices. Vendors should simply have that little cardboard box closed together with a twist tie to pay for beer and food. Would definitely speed up the lines!

Not gonna lie, reading this actually sent shivers down my spine.

I wouldn't want to know or hang out with Bon Jovi even before this whole thing with the Bills started.