Bon Joke'ie

CSBill

It Ain't over till it's over, I don't think there's anything to see here till they announce the new owner, and it's not Jon Bon Jovi...

then I will either celebrate, or burn all my NFL related apparel and never look back, depending on who it is.

From reports I have read, it was Morgan Stanley who advised the Toronto group to reach out to Jim Kelly, so that tells me that there is a real push to get their bid to the top of the list for acceptance, and I have no idea why.

Pegula is doing things right, keeping his mouth shut and letting his money do the talking.

Bringing the NHL combine to Buffalo for two years in the midst of this is a stroke of genius, shows he is good at getting things done outside of the game.

While I'm looking forward to that time to gloat, it's not now. There is a baffling dynamic going on right now that I just can't get my head wrapped around. First, you have Pegula outbidding the JBJ group by reportedly hundreds of millions of dollars. Single potential owner versus a consortium would suggest that Pegula is a shoe in to win the team. Then Morgan Stanley essentially just says "nevermind" to the process and asks the JBJ to re-bid, telling them that they have to come up with more money. Not even an ounce of dirt on Wilson's casket, and JBJ sits down with Goodell to talk about buying the team for 2 hours. No similar meeting with Pegula or anyone else for that matter. Now comes a report that there's a Rogers Communications document out there somewhere suggesting that they have a plan to move the Bills to Toronto regardless of any guarantees that the JBJ group makes to the NFL. In jumps Morgan Stanley again to tell JBJ to try to team up with Jim Kelly, such that he could be the face of the franchise.

It can't just be me that thinks this whole process is a bit strange. When I look at what's going on on the surface, it appears that JBJ should but done and out of the process on multiple occasions. It almost seems as if there's some nefarious purpose to get them the team, regardless of what else is happening. At this point, I'm hoping JBJ and his group go down in flames. The fans certainly want his efforts more "dead than alive". Had to do that.